Compulsive cruise prep

Maybe, my friend used it and she was able to add her reservations...not so much any tours she was doing. She had a hard time dealing with the app on a iPhone.

This is why I kept saying if you have a android device, Google and apple don't play nice in the sandbox!

Maybe Google will get their act together and fix it. 🤞

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

HA! We can hope. Every time we cruise with my sister who has an android are b*tch and moan at her the entire cruise (makes sharing photos hard, can’t get her texts on my iPad, etc). It’s getting to be tradition :')

Lynn

My dad uses this. It holds his horse pills. LOL!

7 Day Pill Organizer (3 Times a Day), BUG HULL Large Pill Case (Morning Noon Evening), Daily Pill Box for Vitamin/Fish Oil/Supplements - Rainbow

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072VQY7M7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_vvVPBbE7R9JR9

Hey now, we aren’t horses :'):'):') But the size of some of these supplements (various oils, glucosamine, etc) is insane! And the potassium they gave my mother during chemo was bigger than those foam earplugs! She was so tiny by then, no idea how she managed them (and ended up buying her a pill storage that was a virtual cabinet - can’t you just see the faces of the TSA agents if someone packed one off those LOL

Lynn

I use TripIt and Google Trips..... but mostly TripIt because I can customize and add my own events.

I find google trips frustrating in that regard...

For example...... TripIt has automatically added all my ports and excursions and reservations, and Google Trips has done none of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This! Glad to find my people here, because it really is true: anticipating/planning something absolutely does deepen our enjoyment of it.

Sent from my H3321 using Forums mobile app

Yep! I love knowing that my enjoyment in planning is genuinely making me happier!

Actually, I was been trying to locate a really good trip itinerary app. Doesn’t exist At least how I would like one to be. We have been disappointed in trip adviser (itinerary layout in the app isn’t great, the emailed itinerary pulled up in email worked better!). I tried various others, and they are either just apps for reservations or map apps ....

Sorry to add this to the thread, but does anyone have an app that will 1. Keep reservations (all types), 2. Let you see in activities such as excursions, 3. Have maps and directions or auto connect to google maps and 4. Shows an resulting itinerary that is easy to see and follow (and organize). I am pretty sure that I tried them all, but....?!

Lynn

TripIt has been my go-to. Addresses open in google maps.

TripIt has been my go-to. Addresses open in google maps.

I have used it for a few years, but it’s has some real limitations for me (they layout on the app isn’t great, it is not really as useful as the a text copy of the itinerary (we had an easier time using the email that I sent my sister from the app than the schedule on the app itself. But I can’t find anything better (google doesn’t work so well on all our Apple gadgetry). I’m so glad it’s working for you though! I found a number of an app developer site, but most haven’t materialized as yet. It’s like those jet packs from the Jetson’s, I have this sneaky feeling that all the best stuff will be available AFTER I’m gone! :eek::o:(

Lynn

I have used it for a few years, but it’s has some real limitations for me (they layout on the app isn’t great, it is not really as useful as the a text copy of the itinerary (we had an easier time using the email that I sent my sister from the app than the schedule on the app itself. But I can’t find anything better (google doesn’t work so well on all our Apple gadgetry). I’m so glad it’s working for you though! I found a number of an app developer site, but most haven’t materialized as yet. It’s like those jet packs from the Jetson’s, I have this sneaky feeling that all the best stuff will be available AFTER I’m gone! :eek::o:(

Lynn

I only found out really recently that your full TripIt account is accessible from a web browser as well, and there are more edit and customization options online than are in the app. It’s been a game changer for me.

For example, the tripit app decided that all our shore excursions should be categorized as “theatre”. Which is inconsequential but drove me nuts and I couldn’t change it in the app. Log in on my laptop and I can change the category!

I only found out really recently that your full TripIt account is accessible from a web browser as well, and there are more edit and customization options online than are in the app. It’s been a game changer for me.

For example, the tripit app decided that all our shore excursions should be categorized as “theatre”. Which is inconsequential but drove me nuts and I couldn’t change it in the app. Log in on my laptop and I can change the category!

I wish the Tripit app was as fully featured as the desktop version. It's annoying when developers do that! I noticed last week that the app version doesn't show the travel destination weather like the web version. How dumb is that?

I knew about it but didn’t really bother, but I will now - definitely going to check It out!!!

Lynn

Things I learned last week on my cruise:

-I needed to bring some type of dirty clothes containment

-The magnets I thought I didn't need really would have been useful to keep important information and schedules separate from the avalanche of paper coming into the cabin.

-The first aid/OTC meds case got a lot of use (primarily due to the UBP).

-My spreadsheet should have left space to hand write additional info into it (all week I hated looking at the scribbled in restaurant hours I added).

-If you're the type who likes to submit good comment cards for crew members who deserve it, take their photo with your phone and make sure their name tag shows clearly. This made it SO easy at the end of the trip. (and it was so cute to see the reaction when I explained why I wanted a photo).

20180922_023018.thumb.jpg.19c26bcf779b7c75847a43338205d96c.jpg

When it gets this close—less than a month away—I’m so ready to go that I keep looking for ways to prepare. So far I’ve set aside all my clothes and toiletries and bought a minifan recommended here and compostable plastic straws.

Keep me off Amazon! Tell me what else I can do, like downloading music on my iPad last night, that won't cost anything but keep my cruise compulsion satisfied!

Which mini fan did you buy?

The one I got cuts off after six hours which woke me right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When it gets this close—less than a month away—I’m so ready to go that I keep looking for ways to prepare. So far I’ve set aside all my clothes and toiletries and bought a minifan recommended here and compostable plastic straws.

Keep me off Amazon! Tell me what else I can do, like downloading music on my iPad last night, that won't cost anything but keep my cruise compulsion satisfied!

I love your screen name.

I set aside all my clothes 3 months before the cruise but everything else the morning of the cruise.

Things I learned last week on my cruise:

-I needed to bring some type of dirty clothes containment

-The magnets I thought I didn't need really would have been useful to keep important information and schedules separate from the avalanche of paper coming into the cabin.

-The first aid/OTC meds case got a lot of use (primarily due to the UBP).

-My spreadsheet should have left space to hand write additional info into it (all week I hated looking at the scribbled in restaurant hours I added).

-If you're the type who likes to submit good comment cards for crew members who deserve it, take their photo with your phone and make sure their name tag shows clearly. This made it SO easy at the end of the trip. (and it was so cute to see the reaction when I explained why I wanted a photo).

[ATTACH]429223[/ATTACH]

Great idea about the photo. I never remember the crew’s names. I almost always write reviews (never received any comment cards though) is this something specific to NCL?

Great idea about the photo. I never remember the crew’s names. I almost always write reviews (never received any comment cards though) is this something specific to NCL?

NCL has cards guests can fill out about crew "Vacation Heroes." They put a few cards in the room the second to last night and have them at guest services.

It used to be that the more positive remarks received, the better share the crew member made out of the pooled tip distribution.

NCL has cards guests can fill out about crew "Vacation Heroes." They put a few cards in the room the second to last night and have them at guest services.

It used to be that the more positive remarks received, the better share the crew member made out of the pooled tip distribution.

We filled out quite a few cards on our last cruise for exceptional crew members. I had heard that the opportunities for promotions, etc. are greatly enhanced for these crew members by the number of positive remarks from customers.

I found a great website with a phone app, tripit dot com, that will hold all this information. I like it because it retains all my historical information in one place. I don't have to keep up with the spreadsheets as I change computers. It's free but does have some upgrade features.

Thanks for this information. I will be sure to look for the cards on our next cruise. Although this will be my first NCL cruise, we have been on Princess, RCCL, Carnival and Celebrity. I really don't recall seeing any cards in our stateroom - but, of course, that doesn't mean they weren't there.:o

Last time (on the Sky) we were on a cruise, cards were not in our room. I had to hunt them down.. (go to guest services:D )

I tried to do it before the end of the cruise, so I wouldn't forget everyone's name:confused:

Nance

Last time (on the Sky) we were on a cruise, cards were not in our room. I had to hunt them down.. (go to guest services:D )

I tried to do it before the end of the cruise, so I wouldn't forget everyone's name:confused:

Nance

Nance -

I do often end up putting names in the notepad on my phone (and then usually emailing it to myself). It’s my go-to system (although occasionally I do the same with photos)!

@Shellbelle28

On the dirty clothes bag - we got one of those large mesh laundry bags with the pull tie (you can get them anywhere, Walmart to Amazon). I hang it on one of the coat type hooks in the closet. It’s perfect since with the mesh nothing mildews and it holds lots of clothes! It’s also cheap!

Lynn

:)