Compulsive cruise prep

I am the same way! Boy do my Amazon purchases go way up near a cruise! May I ask what fan was suggested? I recently bought one that is a USB fan, but would love to know what was suggested. Thanks!

I don’t mean to hijack this thread, but we bought Opolar necklace USB fans from Amazon for a cruise to Cuba in August. Hands free and helped with the heat.

Booked NCL Joy 5-day Vancouver to Los Angeles for October 6-11, 2019. We have a Carnival Panama Canal leaving from Los Angeles on the 12th, so thought it would be a great time to try NCL. I would love any pointers for first time NCL cruisers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also have a small plastic basket (currently overflowing) on my office/sewing room table that I toss things into that I know I'll be packing...AS THEY GET DELIVERED BY AMAZON!! [emoji41]

YES!! Except mine goes into one of those cube baskets!! And I'm not currently booked, but still ordering !! (Currently choosing our next :')) :')

Jeezz...since reading this thread over the last few weeks, I now own luggage tag holders, neck fans, and a fancy , be all, end all first aid kit. On order, I have towel clips and door magnets. I need to stop reading this thread because I still have 69 days to embarkation. At this rate, I'll need to hit Amazon up for some new luggage to hold all my new cruise prep items :D

• Like 1

Jeezz...since reading this thread over the last few weeks, I now own luggage tag holders, neck fans, and a fancy , be all, end all first aid kit. On order, I have towel clips and door magnets. I need to stop reading this thread because I still have 69 days to embarkation. At this rate, I'll need to hit Amazon up for some new luggage to hold all my new cruise prep items :D

I resemble that remark...

had to do that but went to ebags.com :halo:

What about packing cubes/space bags?

We need to see evidence of your planning binder, checklists and spreadsheet or you get demoted down to "Anxious Fusspot" level instead of "Obsessive Planner. "

:'):')Oh, my other compulsion, edit... preparedness component... learn the language!

Duolingo on your ipad. Helps pass the time when all of your other components are done, in limbo, waiting for delivery, etc........

I am currently trying to learn Greek and it is kicking my a**. But, I did quit shopping (for a while.......)

- Magnets do not work in The Haven rooms. We brought some magnetic hooks and they do not cling to the walls.

- Everything else has been awesome. In our opinion, The Haven is everything it is advertised as and more. The crew is incredible and so friendly.

Thank you for this information. We are in the Haven on the Gem in December. Guess I can leave my magnets at home. One bonus to this is they are fairly heavy and it will leave room (weight-wise) for more stuff. ;p;p

Thank you for this information. We are in the Haven on the Gem in December. Guess I can leave my magnets at home. One bonus to this is they are fairly heavy and it will leave room (weight-wise) for more stuff. ;p;p

Aw darn! not even on the cabin door? I bought magnets for the sole purpose of leaving my DH messages in the stateroom door. We're in the Haven...

I am a Compulsive Cruise planner, too. I think it is part of the fun but serves a worthwhile purpose as well. I have a binder with daily tabs containing our complete itinerary for each day with receipts, confirmation #,s , etc. My DW leaves all the planning up to me however, we did decide on our shore excursions together. Otherwise, I do the planning and let her know what we're doing and when....lol. To me, planning is half the fun!!!

Aw darn! not even on the cabin door? I bought magnets for the sole purpose of leaving my DH messages in the stateroom door. We're in the Haven...
The frames of the doors "should" work for you in the Haven suites. I'm a note leaver too and since cruising is an awesome way for two different styles of vacationers, one never knows where the other may be.

P.S. we don't use our phones on the ship to text each other. Only way my husband gets to truly relax on vaca and disconnect from work. Hence, the notes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

When it gets this close—less than a month away—I’m so ready to go that I keep looking for ways to prepare. So far I’ve set aside all my clothes and toiletries and bought a minifan recommended here and compostable plastic straws.

Keep me off Amazon! Tell me what else I can do, like downloading music on my iPad last night, that won't cost anything but keep my cruise compulsion satisfied!

OMG. I am the same way. LOL I'm sailing on 12/21/18 and I am ready to at least pack my shorts in the suitcase. I'm literally on Amazon everyday. LOL

The closer it gets, the more often I am lurking on CC to get more tips. We leave in 6 weeks.. I have recontacted all of our tour providers (twice). Culled my duplicate documents out (twice). Plotted and re plotted our self tour city/town/cliff experiences.......

I am not going NEAR Amazon, my DH has done more than enough of that. He isn't planning, but he is he** on shopping!!

That isn't enough, so I started on next year's cruise plans........sigh..........

Ugh. It's not "planning" any longer. We leave Sunday and now it is "packing."

In spite of all my prep shopping and planning, I'm not too good at advance packing and have never been an outfit planner. I just pile all my stuff on a table in my home office and put the new clothes in the closet.

So today, I'm washing clothes and once dry I can choose what I want to take.

Meanwhile I'm sorting OTC medicines, straws, charging cables, toiletries, packing accessories etc.

1536945474172.thumb.jpg.e2cc78d23de4861a43b6346ab20e8e12.jpg

Ugh. It's not "planning" any longer. We leave Sunday and now it is "packing."

In spite of all my prep shopping and planning, I'm not too good at advance packing and have never been an outfit planner. I just pile all my stuff on a table in my home office and put the new clothes in the closet.

So today, I'm washing clothes and once dry I can choose what I want to take.

Meanwhile I'm sorting OTC medicines, straws, charging cables, toiletries, packing accessories etc.

[ATTACH]428351[/ATTACH]

I do not like to pack either and end up taking too much. I try to stick with a color scheme. It is easier on a cruise to pack less because we have the laundry done mid week. On our recent land trip to Scotland and Ireland, I took black, red and white clothes. It is also more difficult when on the same trip you go from a cold climate to a hot one.

On our upcoming cruise, I decided today to do black, white and pink. Starting to get my clothes together. The Caribbean is easier to pack for. Enjoy your cruise! We are about a month out now!

Another OCD cruise planner here. Can anyone relate to causing a cruise companion anxiety due to TMI?

I'm over 20 cruises now & traveling with a "newbie". Thought I was being helpful with all my suggestions but figuring out that some folks just like to wing it -or rely on the cruise planners to do all the thinking :rolleyes:

Oh, yes! I can't believe I didn't open this thread until today. We're on the Sun next month, which will be our fourth cruise, but I do this for all trips. We went on our honeymoon last year and my husband finally had to tell me that he had no interest in picking out what to eat at each specialty restaurant months before the cruise, and that I was just making him super anxious.

The funny thing is that I'm compulsive about the order in which I plan things. So, since my husband won't pick what he wants to eat at each specialty restaurant, I don't want to bother making reservations, because in my mind we would pick our favorite item from each course of each specialty first, then discuss which 3 specialties to go to, based on how much we like each course we've selected, and then decide which to go to on what night...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Sorry for the delayed response. It has been an awesome week on the Getaway.

I just tried our magnets on our door and they do work. The only places I could find that they do work are on the main cabin door and the bathroom door.

Happy sailing ya’ll!!

Another OCD cruise planner here. Can anyone relate to causing a cruise companion anxiety due to TMI?

I'm over 20 cruises now & traveling with a "newbie". Thought I was being helpful with all my suggestions but figuring out that some folks just like to wing it -or rely on the cruise planners to do all the thinking :rolleyes:

My cruise buddy lets me suggest cruises (I'm a CAS guy--his idea of gambling is about which parking space to use), handle the payments, pick the stateroom, make the various dining reservations, shore excursions, upgrade bids and transportation arrangements. He says he appreciates the time I spend. I get his approval on stuff and he will make suggestions (but rarely).

However, your message reminds me that I have no doubt been providing him too much information. Particularly when the info isn't necessary...I think it is all interesting but that clearly is my view not his. I think I've been slow taking a hint. :halo:

Thanks,

MD

Right there with you! But I don't leave until January!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app