MIA airport to the port?

jordanaire

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/directions-transportation.asp

What would be the cheapest cost to get from the airport in Miami to the port of Miami? There will be 4 adults plus luggage. Thx for any info!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

By Rail

Metrorail's Orange Line can get you from MIA to Downtown Miami in less than a half hour. From there, the walk to the Port from the nearest Metromover station (Freedom Tower) is about 1.5 miles. Use the Miami-Dade Transit Tracker application for iPhone and Android mobile devices to plan your route. http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/directions-transportation.asp

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/directions-transportation.aspBy Rail

Metrorail's Orange Line can get you from MIA to Downtown Miami in less than a half hour. From there, the walk to the Port from the nearest Metromover station (Freedom Tower) is about 1.5 miles. Use the Miami-Dade Transit Tracker application for iPhone and Android mobile devices to plan your route. http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/directions-transportation.asp

I don't think a 1.5 mile walk in the Miami heat with a 50 lb suitcase and a carry on would be a good choice for transportation......just sayin' :rolleyes:

I agree but OP asked for cheapest cost.

Well, that still isn't the cheapest way. Walking directly from the airport to the port would be the cheapest.

Except for the stay in the hospital after dehydration, heat stroke and a possible heart attack. ;p

My husband and I took an Uber and it wasn’t too expensive. It was fast and convenient.

I have a dumb question. We will be using Uber for the first time in November.

I understand how to use the app, my question is what is an appropriate tip? And can we give it directly to the driver or do we add it to the trip on the app?

We rarely take taxis, etc so I am clueless and don’t want to be a cheapskate.;p

Thanks in advance...

I understand how to use the app, my question is what is an appropriate tip? And can we give it directly to the driver or do we add it to the trip on the app?

Thanks in advance...

Uber will bring up a place to tip after you have arrived at your destination, it's right after you rate the driver. It gives you the option of $1, $2, and $5, or a custom tip, so it's really up to you what level of service you think your driver provided.

Uber will bring up a place to tip after you have arrived at your destination, it's right after you rate the driver. It gives you the option of $1, $2, and $5, or a custom tip, so it's really up to you what level of service you think your driver provided.

Thank you!!

For 4 plus bags you will need UberXL, especially if anyone in your group packs like my wife. UberXL fare should be about the same as for a mini-van/SUV taxi ($27+tip), but I bet the service and cleanliness of the vehicle will be far superior to what you'll find in the cab.

What would be the cheapest cost to get from the airport in Miami to the port of Miami? There will be 4 adults plus luggage. Thx for any info! Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Fixed price taxi from MIA to the port. Waiting for you at the door of baggage claim. Drop you on the curb with the porters. Easy.

Taxi. 15 minutes, $24 fixed rate.

Shipmate, you are a year or more out of date. Flat rate cab fare between MIA and POM (either direction) was set at $27 the last time we cruised, and there have been a couple of posts indicating that it was recently bumped up to $28 - still a great deal if you pile 4 passengers plus bags into an SUV/mini-van cab.

Thanks in advance...

FWIW I never tip on Uber or Lyft unless the driver helps with luggage or something else. Also, I highly recommend using Lyft instead of Uber. I had too many shady instances with Uber to the point where I had to do a chargeback on my card, (Chase sided with me) so Uber suspended my account. Never had a problem with Lyft.

Threadstarter.....

Looking for the cheapest solution often is a mistake as you can see in the responses (since you are starting what is supposed to be a relaxing vacation, who wants to walk to the port lugging suitcases)

Perhaps you should consider a option which might cost a few dollars more but the result is a stress free commute.

After all, if you are concerned about $15 cost verses a $27 cost, after having paid airfare and cruise fare....

I highly recommend using Lyft instead of Uber. I had too many shady instances with Uber to the point where I had to do a chargeback on my card, (Chase sided with me) so Uber suspended my account. Never had a problem with Lyft.

I’m torn about this. I use Lyft more often than Uber simply because they seem to be a bit cheaper, but I notice a considerable difference in the quality of vehicles and drivers. On Lyft, cars seem more beat up and the drivers less professional. I did a search to compare both companies and it does say that Uber has higher standards for vehicles and driver appearance.

We used Lyft on our last cruise to go from the port of Miami to the FLL airport. Our drive was so lost, even using the GPS, that I had to tell her how to get to the airport. We took several wrong turns. At one point in time, she was so focused on the GPS that we almost rear ended another car . She finally slammed on the breaks when we all screamed.

The last time I used Lyft was in Philadelphia, and the car was all banged up. It had crash damage, the air conditioning didn’t work, and the armrests were patched up with duct tape. I don’t recall seeing anything like that on Uber.

So if the price difference is significant, sure take Lyft. But if prices are the same or just slightly different, I’d go with Uber.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums