Internet Packages

Jimbo59

• 7 months later...

Just boarded Westerdam - 3 full cruise unlimited packages

Standard - limited sites - $99 for the 12 day cruise

Enhanced - most any site - $149 for the 12 day cruise

Premium - should be able to use Skype, etc - $199 for the 12 day cruise.

I was able to log on to Westerdam WiFi in the terminal and check my account, purchase the package and reply to a CC thread prior to boarding the ship.

I was able to log on to Westerdam WiFi in the terminal and check my account, purchase the package and reply to a CC thread prior to boarding the ship.

Nice to see them bring back the package offer. Hopefully, it will be extended to other HAL ships soon.

thanks for posting and letting us know that the Westerdam still has the unlimited packages and the pricing for your cruise.

Hope you have a fabulous time on board and in your ports :)

Sure hope the Zuiderdam has the unlimited in December. She's going for rehab so maybe maybe.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

Zuiderdam had unlimited packages when I was aboard several years ago, so I am not sure that dry dock will change that. It really doesn't seem to make any sense which ship has which packages available.

Rich

Would the Standard be for checking email or social media sites? Trying to figure out if it's worth it, or should we just check free wi-fi in ports.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Would the Standard be for checking email or social media sites? Trying to figure out if it's worth it, or should we just check free wi-fi in ports.

IIRC correctly, the standard let you do social media.

You needed the middle package for email and internet when we were on the Westerdam.

I wonder how much coordination there is between CCL brands. Carnival (regularly) has a three tier system which may or may not be like what is described above. Carnival's documentation is very explicit about what is included in each level. Most notably, Carnival's bottom level would not provide access to email.

So is HAL's. The unlimited packages were very clear when we were on board. At least they were to me ;)

The sheet that details the plans covers it very well.

Social - access the most popular social websites and applications. Includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger and What's App. Does not include access to other websites or applications.

Enhanced - Surf all your favorite sites including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Does not support Skype Video calling or music streaming.

Premium - From e-mail to Skype our premium plan promises the fastest possible connection and largest allocation of satellite bandwidth. Supports Skype Video calling where coverage allows.

I have the premium package and it has been spotty trying to use What's App voice calling. I have not tried video calling at all. Otherwise the premium package has been pretty good.

Social - access the most popular social websites and applications. Includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger and What's App. Does not include access to other websites or applications.

Enhanced - Surf all your favorite sites including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Does not support Skype Video calling or music streaming.

Premium - From e-mail to Skype our premium plan promises the fastest possible connection and largest allocation of satellite bandwidth. Supports Skype Video calling where coverage allows.

I have the premium package and it has been spotty trying to use What's App voice calling. I have not tried video calling at all. Otherwise the premium package has been pretty good.

Thanks for coming back and confirming Rich.

FWIW, I had the Premium package originally and switched to the Enhanced packaged due to misinformation from the internet manager at the time.

I saw no difference in speed or responsiveness between the 2 packages - other than the top one lets you do streaming/ skype/ whatever.

Great thanks. So it does look like they're using the same approach that Carnival Cruise Lines uses.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

What internet packages are available on ms Koningsdam?

I believe they are by the minute or minute packages - not unlimited.

Pricing posted earlier I believe? but 1,000 minutes is $250 IIRC

Thanks for the full explanation - I think I'll go with the Social package, especially if it includes Facebook Messenger, as those I need to get in touch with are on FB.

I appreciate the time you've taken - thanks again.

On the CCL Vista TA I bought the middle package for the entire 13 days. It was $99. Well worth it. The only time we had issues was crossing the Atlantic. Used FB messenger for calls and texts. Probably will go with social on the Z since we will be in six ports for email retrieval. Sprint gives free internet texts and 20 cents calls if you call them prior

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

When I read your post I got excited because we will be on the Westerdam on Oct 26 for the Transatlantic to Ft Lauderdale.

I just got off the phone with HAL and they swear they have no unlimited internet packages and they never heard of what I told them I had read.

I wonder if the agent I spoke with didn't know or if this is maybe a special just for your sailing.

Should the opportunity arise and you get a chance, maybe you could make an inquiry on the ship.

thanks....