1st time with RCCL. Do I take this literally?

Got this email today.

We would like to provide you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing onboard Independence of the Seas departing on Monday, January 8th, 2018. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive at the terminal after 12:30 p.m. As stated in your cruise documents, your check-in window is between 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.

I've received similar notices from other cruise lines, and we always go early and board early. Okay to ignore the above?

Unless they list some sort of issue, like enhanced cleaning or government inspection, you can ignore the suggested arrival time. Royal has not enforced suggested arrival times for US departures.

Got this email today.

We would like to provide you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing onboard Independence of the Seas departing on Monday, January 8th, 2018. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive at the terminal after 12:30 p.m. As stated in your cruise documents, your check-in window is between 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.

I've received similar notices from other cruise lines, and we always go early and board early. Okay to ignore the above?

I see a lot of posts about this - but I've never received an email like this - I wonder why?

I see a lot of posts about this - but I've never received an email like this - I wonder why?

Could be related to expected congestion in the port. Could also be that Royal's email system does not work very well.

One thing to note, even if they start boarding at 11:00 you usually are not able to get to your cabin until 1:00 or later so whatever you carry on with you will be with you for awhile, including during your lunch in the Windjammer lunch buffet (which will be extremely crowded).

• 3 weeks later...
Got this email today.

I just got the same email, same times, for our Indy cruise this Saturday. I think I am ignoring this, especially since there is no reason mentioned.