Can I bring a hair dryer?

mcatmcat

I prefer to bring my own hair dryer on cruises. But on the last cruise we took, on NCL’s Breakaway in 2015, I couldn’t use my hair dryer because it kept blowing the circuit breaker. I tried it twice and both times that happened, and then the cabin steward advised me to use the one in the cabin. Luckily it was a good one on that cruise.

Anyone have power issues on a Royal ship when using their own hairdryer? Mine is 1875 watts if that makes a difference. We are going on Anthem in April.

... Anyone have power issues on a Royal ship when using their own hairdryer? Mine is 1875 watts if that makes a difference. We are going on Anthem in April.

No problem. Plus, if your hairdryer can use 220V (many appliances now have this capability), you can use a US to Euro adapter and take advantage of the Euro power outlet. My wife does that with her hair straightener..

No problem. Plus, if your hairdryer can use 220V (many appliances now have this capability), you can use a US to Euro adapter and take advantage of the Euro power outlet. My wife does that with her hair straightener..

Thanks! No 220V capability on my hair dryer. I don’t always blow dry my hair, but I definitely will need it for the formal nights!

Thanks! My straightener literally burnt out (not a cheap straightener at all almost brand new) after it kept breaking the circuit. I had no idea what was going on.

My gf uses the one in the cabin but complains that it takes forever so he just asked me if she can her own hair dryer.

Also can we put it in the carry on?

Thank you

c62489d54273203bcf6bf500d74e41e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hair dryers and curling irons are allowed. Yes you can carry them in your carry-on if you prefer.

Thanks! My straightener literally burnt out (not a cheap straightener at all almost brand new) after it kept breaking the circuit. I had no idea what was going on.

Yep, if the appliance runs on 220V, it will use less current, so less chance of blowing the breaker.

I prefer to bring my own hair dryer on cruises. But on the last cruise we took, on NCL’s Breakaway in 2015, I couldn’t use my hair dryer because it kept blowing the circuit breaker. I tried it twice and both times that happened, and then the cabin steward advised me to use the one in the cabin. Luckily it was a good one on that cruise.

Anyone have power issues on a Royal ship when using their own hairdryer? Mine is 1875 watts if that makes a difference. We are going on Anthem in April.

Yes, on one ship only. I think it was the Liberty. Every time I used my hair dryer, they would call to see if I was OK (other way to put "are you smoking in your cabin" since sensors were detecting smoke in my cabin.....the alarm NEVER rang in my cabin, but the call certainly came. They came down to check twice. Looked inside drawers, closets, bathroom cabinets ( I believe they were searching for any evidence of smoking).

Hair dryers and curling irons are allowed. Yes you can carry them in your carry-on if you prefer.

Thanks, I was not sure that you can bring them in a carry on. Now it is clear.

Can you imagine the riot if straightening /curling irons were not allowed at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Thanks, I was not sure that you can bring them in a carry on. Now it is clear.

Can you imagine the riot if straightening /curling irons were not allowed at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

No way I'd cruise if I couldn't take my curling iron! :eek::eek: