Free coffee on Brilliance

Was wondering if Royal serves Lavazza or Illys as their free coffee to replace the current Seattes Best. How is it compared to the Seattle's Best? Do they use fresh beans instead of the liquid swill? Is the 24 hour coffee at Park Cafe or by the Windjammer?

Thanks Bob:o

Last time we were on Brilliance it was Illy coffee at Cafe Latte-Tudes. I don't recall seeing any brand name for the "free" coffee.

We are refugees from a canceled NCL cruise and have just signed up for a cruise on Brilliance. We have never sailed RCI before. Good coffee is important to us. On NCL there was one spot where we could get relatively good coffee for free (as well as buying coffee at their specialty coffee bar). Is the coffee you mention above the best source of relatively good (free) coffee?

We are refugees from a canceled NCL cruise and have just signed up for a cruise on Brilliance. We have never sailed RCI before. Good coffee is important to us. On NCL there was one spot where we could get relatively good coffee for free (as well as buying coffee at their specialty coffee bar). Is the coffee you mention above the best source of relatively good (free) coffee?

Lattetudes is a for-fee coffee counter.

"Free" coffee is in the Windjammer (buffet) and Main Dining Rooms. I am not a real coffee drinker so I don't know if there are coffee urns at the Park Cafe. (which would be "free")

There should be some outside the Windjammer on the pool deck, if Brilliance is set up like Radiance.

As a coffee drinker I highly suggest buying a coffee card or the Replenishment drink package which will give you unlimited "Starbucks" TYPE coffee in any shape or form along with fresh squeezed OJ, bottled water, sodas, virgin drinks etc.

Welcome to Royal:D:D

We have never sailed RCI before. Good coffee is important to us....

Understood. Sadly, I have yet to find a good cup of coffee on RCI, so this is what I started doing: I bring packets of Starbucks instant VIA coffee with me. You can use them to enhance the existing coffee, or mix them with hot water to make your own cup. As well, I am sad that RCI doesn't offer real cream - only shelf stable creamer in the little cups. :(

As a coffee drinker I highly suggest buying a coffee card or the Replenishment drink package which will give you unlimited "Starbucks" TYPE coffee in any shape or form along with fresh squeezed OJ, bottled water, sodas, virgin drinks etc.

Thank you. We will look into that.

The package that includes specialty coffees is the refreshment package. Latitudes has expresso based specialty coffees, not brewed coffee, not Starbucks type coffees in any shape or form. You can get an Americano that some think is a decent substitute for brewed. They do make a great mocha though.

If you are looking for brewed coffee, there are urns outside the WJ early if you are looking for coffee.

Ignore the poster above. She has a problem with anything I post. On every ship we have ever been on there is a specialty coffee shop where you can get any type of coffee you want, Hot or cold. It is a Starbucks TYPE coffee, and well worth the price.

What ship are you sailing on? The larger ships have a place in the windjammer where you also can get the speciality coffee in addition to the Cafe Promenade. BTW, the pastries and sandwiches are free even though the coffee is for a fee or free with the package. The cheesecake lollipops are very good. The brewed coffee sucks!!

Have a wonderful cruise.

Ignore the poster above. She has a problem with anything I post. On every ship we have ever been on there is a specialty coffee shop where you can get any type of coffee you want, Hot or cold. It is a Starbucks TYPE coffee, and well worth the price.

What ship are you sailing on? The larger ships have a place in the windjammer where you also can get the speciality coffee in addition to the Cafe Promenade. BTW, the pastries and sandwiches are free even though the coffee is for a fee or free with the package. The cheesecake lollipops are very good. The brewed coffee sucks!!

Have a wonderful cruise.

I corrected the inaccurate information in your post, ignore it if you want.

Crayola is sailing Brilliance as they posted above. Brilliance has Latitudes that has espresso based specialty coffees, not brewed coffee. They have complimentary desserts and in the mornings, pastries.

IOn every ship we have ever been on there is a specialty coffee shop where you can get any type of coffee you want, Hot or cold. It is a Starbucks TYPE coffee, and well worth the price.

What ship are you sailing on? The larger ships have a place in the windjammer where you also can get the speciality coffee in addition to the Cafe Promenade. BTW, the pastries and sandwiches are free even though the coffee is for a fee or free with the package. The brewed coffee sucks!!

Have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you. We are on Brilliance of the Seas. Another question: On NCL the buffet has something called Early Risers which opens an hour or half-hour before breakfast (e.g., around 5:30 AM). At Early Risers you can get coffee, tea, milk, and rolls. Do they have anything like that on RCI--even if the coffee is bad? I get up very, very early while my husband sleeps, and even bad coffee drowned in milk is better than nothing. The ship is enjoyable at that hour with so few people around.

Thank you. We are on Brilliance of the Seas. Another question: On NCL the buffet has something called Early Risers which opens an hour or half-hour before breakfast (e.g., around 5:30 AM). At Early Risers you can get coffee, tea, milk, and rolls. Do they have anything like that on RCI--even if the coffee is bad? I get up very, very early while my husband sleeps, and even bad coffee drowned in milk is better than nothing. The ship is enjoyable at that hour with so few people around.

Yes, they have a continental breakfast in windjammer starting at 6am.....full breakfast opens about 7am.

There is a 24 hour coffee station outside the WJ so he will be able to get coffee as soon as he is up and about. There is continental breakfast in WJ starting at 6 am and full breakfast starts at 7am.

Yes, they have a continental breakfast in windjammer starting at 6am.....full breakfast opens about 7am.

There is a 24 hour coffee station outside the WJ so he will be able to get coffee as soon as he is up and about. There is continental breakfast in WJ starting at 6 am and full breakfast starts at 7am.

Yes, that is what I said

We are on Brilliance for Thanksgiving.........when are you on Crayola?

May 1, 2018 Baltic. We originally had a B2B NCL Miami to Southampton/Southampton to Spain & Portugal. NCL canceled the second leg of the B2B, so we looked around and booked RCI out of Amsterdam, with 5 days in between cruises. Looking forward to learning a new cruise line.

Carola

May 1, 2018 Baltic. We originally had a B2B NCL Miami to Southampton/Southampton to Spain & Portugal. NCL canceled the second leg of the B2B, so we looked around and booked RCI out of Amsterdam, with 5 days in between cruises. Looking forward to learning a new cruise line.

Carola

We haven't sailed NCL since the Norway...........Welcome to Royal, hope you have an amazing cruise.:D

Can you tell me more about the coffee card? Where do you buy it? Cost?

I've never bought one, just the package from the Cruise Planner that includes Sodas, water, coffee, fresh squeezed OJ and virgin drinks.

I'm sure other posters who have bought the card will chime in, maybe at the Cafe Latitudes? It's like a punch card for maybe 20 coffees for about $80. Pleases don't quote me on the price.

Check your Cruise Planner, some have reported it there. Also onboard whereever they sell specialty coffees. I'd check if they have a double punch policy for large beverages.