European Adapter?

I would like to charge my iPad and iPhone. I’m unsure if they are limited to 110v.

So you just need a USB charging port? You won't be using any hair appliances (dryer, curling iron, straightener) in Europe?

By the way, anything that has a US plug normally has some small print somewhere that describes the usable voltage.

By the way, anything that has a US plug normally has some small print somewhere that describes the usable voltage.

And to see a converter kind of thing NOT be compatible to both 110 and 220 is pretty rare. We bought a european cell phone a long time ago, and while the plug would not fit, it was compatible with both voltages. All of our non motorized or heater devices (computers, phones, etc) work with 220 as long as we have the physical plug converter.

A note to that- if you travel much at all- keep a plug converter with your electronics pack. While the plug converters are cheap, it's kind of personally embarrassing to buy a 3rd when you have 2 of them at home...

And to see a converter kind of thing NOT be compatible to both 110 and 220 is pretty rare. We bought a european cell phone a long time ago, and while the plug would not fit, it was compatible with both voltages. All of our non motorized or heater devices (computers, phones, etc) work with 220 as long as we have the physical plug converter.

A note to that- if you travel much at all- keep a plug converter with your electronics pack. While the plug converters are cheap, it's kind of personally embarrassing to buy a 3rd when you have 2 of them at home...

We have a kind of bulky, combo adapter/converter unit. You have to switch the converter part on. My wife had (the operative word) a hair straightener that was only rated for 110V and plugged it into the adapter/converter unit, but without the converter on. She was amazed at how fast it heated up ... for a short time.

I would like to charge my iPad and iPhone. I’m unsure if they are limited to 110v.

Those charge on 110 or 220. Most electonic devices do. There are exceptions which are usually hair dryers and the like. The Oral B electric toothbrush chargers are only 110. But computers, smartphones, tablets are dual voltage.

You only need a plug adapter if your devices have US plugs. As to what type you don't say what country. If it is Copenhagen then you need a two prong Euro plug adapter. You can pick those up cheap. The UK uses a different plug.

As Bob said, look for the fine print on the charger unit. Virtually all electronic chargers today work on 110-240v as long as you have a plug that fits. The adapter plugs are a lot cheaper than buying transformers to change the voltage. Most of the iPad/iPhone cables are just standard 5 volt USB cables, so you just need a USB power cube that works on both voltages. Also recommend you take a spare - they cost a fortune on the ship.

On most plugs, there is info on the voltage...it's tiny writing. Most electronics are 110-240V. There may be some things like clocks, hair appliances, etc. that are only 110V. If you just need it for IPad and IPhone, you just need an adapter.

I have a kit, that includes a converter and several adapters for different countries. I got mine on Amazon. Very easy to do a search and find something. I also got a 4 USB plug that included a couple of adapters with it, also from Amazon.

This is what I carry - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DJNR9LM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is both an adapter for US/Euro/UK/Aus plugs and outlets, it has two USB charging ports.

Double duty.

I like that one, we have a similar unit.

However, I'm still not sure the OP understands the part about conversion. From the link you just posted:

WORLDWIDE PLUG ADAPTER -- Plug Adapters Only DOES NOT Convert Power in AC Socket -- Check the accepted voltage on your electrical device to make sure it can support it before plugging in. Not suitable for high power items such as hairdryers, curling irons