Serenade and Suite Questions

We're sailing on our first Radiance Class cruise (Serenade), and also in our first full suite (GS) in February. I have several questions that I'm hoping others can answer.

1. Anyone have any post dry dock pictures/videos of a Serenade GS? I've read that the suites were all updated.
  2. Does the Solarium have any reserved seating for suite guests? We prefer the Solarium to the main pool. If no reserved seats are available, how crowded does the Solarium get and are chair hogs typically a problem there? Where are the main pool reserved seats? It doesn't look like Serenade has the pool "bleacher" seats like other classes.
  3. What dining benefits are available to suite guests? Are any of the specialty restaurants reserved for breakfast or lunch? Is full menu room service available and is there a fee?
  4. Where in the theater are the reserved seats? Front row(s)?
  5. Any other unique things about Serenade (suite or otherwise) that we should know? For reference, we've sailed Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class.

We are looking forward to spoiling ourselves and we realize that we may never be able to go back to a non-suite room. With the kids grown and us doing more sailing by ourselves, we can live with that. :D

Edit: To clarify, I've seen the standard list of suite benefits and understand about cabin size, bathroom, closet, points, etc. I'm asking about Serenade specific stuff.

t's the only ship class that has a dedicated movie theater..

Thanks Biker. Good to know that I can watch a movie in a dark room rather than sit by the pool with a drink in my hand. ;p

New question...anyone (Bob?) have a link to the old Serenade web pages, that is if they still exist? The new pages are very short on detail and sometimes even use pictures of other ships.

Solarium does not have reserved seating for suite guests in the solarium or around the main pool. Solarium does get crowded. Main pool also gets crowded, and no bleacher seating at main pool.

Reserved theater seating is in the first couple of rows in the balcony. Other guests are allowed there 10 minutes before showtime, so if you want reserved seats, be there at least 15 minutes before the show. The reserved seats are OK, nothing special, IMO.

Chops has breakfast for suite and pinnacle guests and is open same hours as the main dining room. I believe there is no charge for suite guests for room service, but I'm not sure.

The Solarium is enclosed....we found that it was so underused....because folks like to sun while swimming! It's like a hot house in there! That's the worst part of Radiance class ships...they NEVER open the "retractable" roof...at least, not on our cruises on that class of ship.

The Solarium is enclosed....we found that it was so underused....because folks like to sun while swimming! It's like a hot house in there! That's the worst part of Radiance class ships...they NEVER open the "retractable" roof...at least, not on our cruises on that class of ship.

4c7faf38340addd6d811d69acc5125d3.jpg

Sorry, they do open it, and it is always crowded in there..always

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Never known the solarium to be underused. Always packed tight. Roof is often open. Usually find your posts to be highly questionable CB at sea!

You are mistaken. The Solarium is open 2-3 times a cruise depending on weather. I am on Serenade and it is open as I type this.

t's the only ship class that has a dedicated movie theater..

That is too bad as it is small and usually full. Sometimes they have to give out tickets, 1st come. Miss the Majesty and Sovereign. When constructed they each had 2 theaters at one time, but not a single balcony cabin...

Edited by ONECRUISER

Rom service is free, and you have the full MDR menu available as room service. For breakfast, there is an expanded room service menu, but I am not sure if it is the same as MDR.

One of the speciality restaurants is typically open for suite guests. Very high ratio of servers to patrons.

From my experience on Grandeur, forget about all the tips, tricks, and things to bring for storage. If you fill up all the storage in a GS, you moved in for a year. :D

From my experience on Grandeur, forget about all the tips, tricks, and things to bring for storage. If you fill up all the storage in a GS, you moved in for a year. :D

We gave up on most of the storage tips after our first cruise (other than suction hooks to hang hats on the wall). Moving into a GS for a year though doesn't sound like a bad idea.