New booking Policy?

CruzenDoc

I have been looking at the 2019 cruises and found that the option to choose your own cabin has been eliminated. Almost every category is Reservation, cabin to be assigned shortly before sailing. I like to choose my own cabin and find this displeasing. Any thoughts or insight?

I have been looking at the 2019 cruises and found that the option to choose your own cabin has been eliminated. Almost every category is Reservation, cabin to be assigned shortly before sailing. I like to choose my own cabin and find this displeasing. Any thoughts or insight?

I am not sure where you are looking but there are many sites where you are able to pick your specific cabin. I, too, have been looking for sailings for late 2019 and all available rooms are showing. If the site where you are trying to book doesn't show them, call them up and book it over the phone. They will be able to let you choose a particular cabin.

If you are looking at the Sky Princess there is an issue. If you call Princess direct they can chose cabins for you.

my PVP had that issue on the Dec 14. If he clicked the specific cabin it become avialbe.

I did a lot of research on new cruises the other day and many cabin categories are already sold out. So it is not a new policy, you just picked a cruise that is booking up fast. There will be many people that cancel because of many reasons.

If you are trying to book the 24 day TA from Copenhagen to NY on the Regal, then, yes, there are very few cabins open to pick even with calling directly. Every most desirable cabin (translate to Deluxe balcony and deluxe balcony obstructed, CC mini, etc.) is guarantee only at this time. I was so frustrated that I booked a specific CC mini instead of the deluxe balcony obstructed (cannot book a specific room in any manner at this time). Now going in and checking, they have no longer any cc minis available for booking, just guarantee. Now 2018's same cruise, you could book your specific room, no problem. So I suggest you keep checking daily and maybe later in 100 days or so or less, Princess will stop this guarantee thing in its entirety and offer specific rooms to be booked. I can hope that that DA or Deluxe obstructed cabin is still out there with my name on it, but at least I know I have a good location and hopefully the prices will go down a little!

Pooh

This is why cruise lines are going for "non-refundable" deposits. People just book cabins early knowing that they can cancel closer to final payment, or put cabins on courtesy holds .

It makes booking anything almost impossible. You just can't convince me that a ship is totally sold out for 2019 already............ there will be lots of movement next yr.

If you are trying to book the 24 day TA from Copenhagen to NY on the Regal, then, yes, there are very few cabins open to pick even with calling directly. Every most desirable cabin (translate to Deluxe balcony and deluxe balcony obstructed, CC mini, etc.) is guarantee only at this time. I was so frustrated that I booked a specific CC mini instead of the deluxe balcony obstructed (cannot book a specific room in any manner at this time). Now going in and checking, they have no longer any cc minis available for booking, just guarantee. Now 2018's same cruise, you could book your specific room, no problem. So I suggest you keep checking daily and maybe later in 100 days or so or less, Princess will stop this guarantee thing in its entirety and offer specific rooms to be booked. I can hope that that DA or Deluxe obstructed cabin is still out there with my name on it, but at least I know I have a good location and hopefully the prices will go down a little!

Pooh

I was able to get the specific cabin I wanted on this sailing, a midship mini. My TA was at her computer the moment the sailing opened for booking.

Now I look and can't believe how many are marked as SOLD.

I was able to get the specific cabin I wanted on this sailing, a midship mini. My TA was at her computer the moment the sailing opened for booking.

Now I look and can't believe how many are marked as SOLD.

Yes, there were several on all ports but especially on those boarding in Copenhagen with 13 days left. But if you wanted a cc-mini or a deluxe balcony on Dolphin Deck midship or an obstructed deluxe on Emerald you were out of luck. Now even mid-ship cc minis on my embarkation port are guarantees!!!! It is just crazy. I am glad what you wanted had specific cabins for you to pick from! I had to up my stateroom category but I got to pick my cabin just before it went to guarantee and am pretty certain the prices will go down and can refare when that occurs. But at least I have a specific cabin that I can live with and not a guarantee! Will be interesting to see how other people fared when the roll call for this cruise gets going!

Pooh

I got to pick my cabin just before it went to guarantee and am pretty certain the prices will go down and can refare when that occurs. But at least I have a specific cabin that I can live with and not a guarantee! Will be interesting to see how other people fared when the roll call for this cruise gets going!

Pooh

Glad you did get a cabin you are OK with. Where are you boarding? We are boarding in Copenhagen for the 24 days.

I agree with you that there will be sales and the price will go down. (Wonder how many times?) Pretty high now but, like you wanted to pick my cabin. Did guarantee once and will never do it again.

Want to start the Roll Call?

Glad you did get a cabin you are OK with. Where are you boarding? We are boarding in Copenhagen for the 24 days.

I agree with you that there will be sales and the price will go down. (Wonder how many times?) Pretty high now but, like you wanted to pick my cabin. Did guarantee once and will never do it again.

Want to start the Roll Call?

Hi, Diane! Great to meet someone already on this cruise! Yes, I am boarding on the 28th in Copenhagen for the entire 24 days. I will be glad to go over and start the roll call. Will see you there soon, hopefully. If the prices end up for 2019 even close to what they are now for the 2018 cruise, I will be very happy that I went ahead and booked the cabin I did. If it is even a few hundred close it will be less than the DA guarantee I originally had! So we will see.