What if FTTF moved to a per person price?

LMaxwell

Currently FTTF covers an entire room for one price, number of occupants does not change the cost. So whether 1 person or 5, same charge.

Would it make sense to tailor it more to a price per person model instead of price per room? I don't know what the right cost per person would be, but I think it would help manage demand better and instead of selling a certain number of rooms (variable occupancy) they sell a set amount of single spots. Consistent group participant size helps to better manage the experience for those willing to pay. Does it make sense at $20 or $25 per person instead of a flat room fee?

Currently FTTF covers an entire room for one price, number of occupants does not change the cost. So whether 1 person or 5, same charge.

Would it make sense to tailor it more to a price per person model instead of price per room? I don't know what the right cost per person would be, but I think it would help manage demand better and instead of selling a certain number of rooms (variable occupancy) they sell a set amount of single spots. Consistent group participant size helps to better manage the experience for those willing to pay. Does it make sense at $20 or $25 per person instead of a flat room fee?

I don't think you will see Carnival moving to that model. For 7 day its now $69.95/cabin. What do they gain by going to individual pricing?? It really doesn't make sense...because at minimum theres usually 2 people per cabin.... Is the husband going to purchase FTTF and the wife not?? Don't think so. So Carnival makes out pretty well with the current model and pricing...Sure there is 3/4 passengers per cabin. But I bet the average per cabin for those who purchase FTTP is less than 2 1/2 people per cabin. Plus its a possible logistic issue. If they went to pp pricing and set a minimum.... someone with 4 to a cabin may not be eligible because only 2 spots left. Is it fair to them?? I think its alot easier doing it by cabin. Not sure what % they allow for FTTP for each cruise though?

I don't think you will see Carnival moving to that model. For 7 day its now $69.95/cabin. What do they gain by going to individual pricing?? It really doesn't make sense...because at minimum theres usually 2 people per cabin.... Is the husband going to purchase FTTF and the wife not?? Don't think so. So Carnival makes out pretty well with the current model and pricing...Sure there is 3/4 passengers per cabin. But I bet the average per cabin for those who purchase FTTP is less than 2 1/2 people per cabin. Plus its a possible logistic issue. If they went to pp pricing and set a minimum.... someone with 4 to a cabin may not be eligible because only 2 spots left. Is it fair to them?? I think its alot easier doing it by cabin. Not sure what % they allow for FTTP for each cruise though?

7 day cruises are now $89.95.

Interesting points. I always saw it as more of a family type thing; easier w kids or more carryons. I don't think it is a big deal for a couple to get it.

If you want it to be more "fair" to all, don't open FTTF until final payment date; some may book after that, so what, but there will be a good amount already booked and that way they all get to vie for a spot at the same time.

You've got me curious what the actual average people per cabin is at now. There could be unintended side effects though. A husband and wife could buy one, and one person goes on early and drops the luggage and the second meets them onboard for lunch 15 minutes later anyways. :confused: Potentially more rooms to get ready, but less people.

Just a thought. I don't think Carnival charges enough for FTTF. They should throw in a free embarkation picture or some other perk and just raise it to $99 for a 7 day already.

If the cost was per person but all in the cabin were required to get it...base it on the actual number in the cabin....not on the number the cabin holds....that seems like it would make sense. Because more people more luggage etc......just thinking.

If they changed it to per person, imagine the number of rooms the stewards would have to get ready for the priority embarkation. Plus, just like Cheers, there would be some that would figure out a way to have their entire cabin get the perks, while only paying for one person (just my opinion).

Hi

Doesn't make much sense to me. This is apart from the fact that they have a good thing "cash cow" now, and can probably still increase prices another time after this current increase and still sell out.

One of the main point of FTTF, is that the cabin is ready upon boarding. So, pay for one and the cabin is ready for all??? Guest service desk. How many people from one cabin have to go down to take advantage of the "short line". They would have to change the rules for preferred tender as well.

Just doesn't seem worth it from Carnival's perspective.

because it just won't work, it's a cabin feature, not a per person feature. So the husband gets the room early and the wife waits (LOL), honey I am getting on the tender, meet you on the island, it makes no sense. I would not be surprised if $100 a cabin is not very far off