Does NCL still offer lottery for Dinner with officers ?

phissy

NCl used to offer lottery for dinner with officers. After cruise gets underway, guests could sign up for this lottery. Different nights during cruise. Has this been discontinued. Have not sail in a while. Thanks :*

I signed up for it with my friends aboard the Breakaway recently, and 'won' an invitation....It was very nice...we dined at a table for 8 with one of the senior physician's, and the shorex manager. Lot's of interesting conversation with them.

I was surprised to hear that the few 'Ambassador's' on board don't always get an invite....

Last September on The Jewel, several people went to Guest Services as per The Freestyle Daily and asked to be put in the drawing. Some friends of mine who are not Platinum, Platinum Plus, or Ambassador were seated with The Staff Captain. Just depends on how many Officers are available that cruise to act as Hosts.

For me being Platinum Plus, I still have to accept or decline the invitation for the Officers Dinner. On a number of cruises, I have seen people accept the dinner invitation and then not show up.

We have not been invited without asking for the lottery invitation. Finally, as Platinum Plus, after signing up with the Cruise Next desk (on our October cruise on the Sun) we were seated with 3 other couples with the Chief Financial Officer and Accountant. Actually, they were both quite pleasant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by herdingdogmom

I signed up for it with my friends aboard the Breakaway recently, and 'won' an invitation....It was very nice...we dined at a table for 8 with one of the senior physician's, and the shorex manager. Lot's of interesting conversation with them.

I was surprised to hear that the few 'Ambassador's' on board don't always get an invite....

The Ambassador level and high Platinum Plus level on our cruises last year always got an invite from the HD to eat with him or her. We had this on each and every occasion but did not always go. We asked one and he confirmed that the HD can handpick the guests within these levels if he wants to.

We have not been invited without asking for the lottery invitation. Finally as Platinum Plus, after signing up with the Cruise Next desk (on our October cruise on the Sun) we were seated with 3 other couples with the Chief Financial Officer and Account. Actually, they were both quite pleasant.

A dinner with an accountant my wow that must be exciting!:)

The Ambassador level and high Platinum Plus level on our cruises last year always got an invite from the HD to eat with him or her. We had this on each and every occasion but did not always go. We asked one and he confirmed that the HD can handpick the guests within these levels if he wants to.

Sorry to report that in our past 3 cruises as platinum plus we have not met the cruise director nor been invited to dinner. Hopefully it is not because we are not the traditional couple but a mother and daughter. We have two cruises coming up this year and hope for a change.

Sorry to report that in our past 3 cruises as platinum plus we have not met the cruise director nor been invited to dinner. Hopefully it is not because we are not the traditional couple but a mother and daughter. We have two cruises coming up this year and hope for a change.

It was not offered on the Breakaway sailing that ended 4 days ago. I was very surprised.

We were on two NCL cruises in 2017 (in May and July - two different ships and different itineraries), and have Platinum Plus status. On both cruises we received the standard information card from the CruiseNext staff delivered to our cabin early in the afternoon about the various Platinum Plus "perks" we were entitled to. Regarding the "dinner with an officer" the card stated that you had to notify the CruiseNext staff on embarkation night (or maybe the next morning?) if you were interested. It was also a sign at their desk outside the office, stating the same thing. We were told there were no more invitations send out in advance to "everyone", only if we signed up for it in advance we would receive an invitation at a later time (which we did). And I actually believe it was the same regarding the Platinum/Platinum Plus behind the scenes tour - you had to sign up for it already on embarkation night.

We have cruised twice since they introduced the new Latitudes tiers. The dinner with an officer isn't something that we would ever sign up for.

Last Easter on the Spirit, we didn't see or hear anything about the dinner with an officer.

On the Jade in August we received an invite in our room, and decided to go along. We are a family of three, and I checked whether our son would be able to come along (he's 12, so currently has no latitudes status, although he would be Platinum Plus if he did). They said the invite was for all three of us. It was very pleasant. It was supposed to be us and another couple, but they didn't turn up, so we chatted with the staff member, who was temporarily over from the Pride of America, which was handy as we are going there this Summer.

He said that (at least on the Jade at the time) there is no longer the ability to sign up for the meal, and all Platinum Plus or Ambassador level are invited each cruise. Obviously, the numbers of those can vary quite a lot, and he said that they can end up doing quite a few during the cruise.

I know that other friends on the Getaway similarly received an invitation. As far as I am aware they didn't request it.

Did you read my post above, Sharon?

It was indeed offered...how did you miss it?:confused:

It was not listed in the Dailys that I ever saw. Linda and I checked, especially the first 2 days. So you're saying you attended one on that cruise? If so, good for you!

It was not listed in the Dailys that I ever saw. Linda and I checked, especially the first 2 days. So you're saying you attended one on that cruise? If so, good for you!

There is usually an announcement for The Officer's Dinner at the very bottom of the first page of The Free Style Daily you receive as you board the ship.

There is usually an announcement for The Officer's Dinner at the very bottom of the first page of The Free Style Daily you receive as you board the ship.

Exactly. I have a copy of the Day 1 and Day 2 Dailys in front of me and see nothing listed. Truth be told, I've been to five of the dinners; they're probably just tired of me, LOL. I think it's nice to spend time with an officer and get their point of view on "things"........

Exactly. I have a copy of the Day 1 and Day 2 Dailys in front of me and see nothing listed. Truth be told, I've been to five of the dinners; they're probably just tired of me, LOL. I think it's nice to spend time with an officer and get their point of view on "things"........

Take a look at Day 1, Page 4....under "Good To Know":

"Welcome Back Latitudes Rewards Members

It is a pleasure to have you back onboard with us. Please refer to your

Latitudes Welcome letter or Card delivered to your stateroom for a full

list of your benefits. For day and time of the Exclusive Cocktail Party

(Silver members and above), and to sign up for the Behind-the-Scenes

ship tour (Platinum members and above) and Dinner with Officers

(Platinum Plus members and above), please come to see us at the

Time: 6:00p-9:00p

CruiseNext Desk, Atrium, Deck 6, Mid"

If you'd like, I'd be happy to email you a copy of my invitation.....:D

Last September on The Jewel, several people went to Guest Services as per The Freestyle Daily and asked to be put in the drawing. Some friends of mine who are not Platinum, Platinum Plus, or Ambassador were seated with The Staff Captain. Just depends on how many Officers are available that cruise to act as Hosts.

For me being Platinum Plus, I still have to accept or decline the invitation for the Officers Dinner. On a number of cruises, I have seen people accept the dinner invitation and then not show up.

I was invited in September but then the HD was rude to my friends but I had their back and did not go since that’s what friends do. The secretary did call me multiple times prior to confirm my reservation & I told her the reason I had no interest in attending. She didn’t seem that surprised but did offer apologies and a promise not to seat us with him but at that point I made other plans and declined.

Take a look at Day 1, Page 4....under "Good To Know":

"Welcome Back Latitudes Rewards Members

It is a pleasure to have you back onboard with us. Please refer to your

Latitudes Welcome letter or Card delivered to your stateroom for a full

list of your benefits. For day and time of the Exclusive Cocktail Party

(Silver members and above), and to sign up for the Behind-the-Scenes

ship tour (Platinum members and above) and Dinner with Officers

(Platinum Plus members and above), please come to see us at the

Time: 6:00p-9:00p

CruiseNext Desk, Atrium, Deck 6, Mid"

Never saw it! Thanks for pointing it out.

If you'd like, I'd be happy to email you a copy of my invitation.....:D

No thanks, but since you're in such a gracious mood, I'll be happy to have dinner with you the next time we're on the same cruise. Le Bistro? Cagney's?.....:D

We were on the same Breakaway cruise that ended last Friday. We are Platinum Plus, and signed up for Dinner with an Officer the first evening of the cruise.

We had a lovely dinner with a member of the Cruise Director's staff and the ship's Personnel Director.