Disappointing red wine

debgreg

We are just off the Oasis and I have to say I was really disappointed with the red wine on offer with the DP. I am no wine snob but only the Malbec in Chops on the last night was drinkable :( Even in Vintages where we have always had nice wine it was rough. I didn’t see why we should pay extra to have a drinkable wine after paying for 6 packages. Most of the time there were only 2 or 3 options $13 dollars or less.

We are booked on Symphony in May and I am really hoping this is not going to be the norm as we have never experienced this before :confused:

Edited by debgreg

Oh ok, but given we had purchased the DP we didn’t really want to lug wine from the UK. We have previously been on the Ovation & Independence and the wine was fine, obviously things have changed

Disappointing that Vintages could not help. We've been to Vintages on other ships and they have made wines available by the glass that were not listed as available by the glass. In the past, they have been able to bend the rules.

Disappointing that Vintages could not help. We've been to Vintages on other ships and they have made wines available by the glass that were not listed as available by the glass. In the past, they have been able to bend the rules.

It was almost empty every night Bob. We ate 3 times in Central Park and went in and we were the only ones in there, such a shame. Like the Indy set up on the Promenade were it is used much more.

That is disappointing. We are on Freedom in March, and we all have beverage packages (at great cost). If this is still the case, I'll be sure to complain in the post-cruise survey!

Also ask for and complain to the Beverage Manager, it may get more attention that way.

They are Bob. Here in the uk we drink an Australian Cab Sav that is under £6 a bottle, full bodied, 14.5% but I found all the wines on offer apart from the Chops Malbec totally rough as a badgers coat ;p

Well, I just learned another English expression.:)