Allure 10-1-17 sailing - yet another port change

On the Allure now and we have yet another port change. Due to a tropical storm forming the Costa Maya port on Friday is being changed to Nassau (which is where we were on Monday).

The captain said we could not make it to Falmouth or Labadee in time - most likely due to the propulsion issue.

This cruise has had more itinerary changes than any I’ve ever heard of.

• Originally: Nassau, St. Kitts, St. Thomas
  • Allure propulsion: Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan (swapped San Juan for St. Kitts)
  • Hurricane Irma: Nassau, Labadee, San Juan (swapped Labadee for St. Thomas)
  • Hurricane Maria: Nassau, Costa Maya, Cozumel (swapped Costa Maya and Cozumel for Labadee and San Juan)
  • Tropical storm on cruise: swapped Nassau for Costa Maya due to storm.

• Final cruise itinerary is now Nassau - Cozumel - Nassau

Ugh. Another hurricane. We on as well. Last year we rode out Matthew on Empress. This year we were on Enchantment for Irma, then we had B2B on Adventure cancelled for Maria, now this. I'm starting to think I'm a hurricane magnet. Can't wait for Rhapsody in Europe in 2 weeks. No hurricanes there unless when we TA to Tampa.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

Ugh. Another hurricane. We on as well. Last year we rode out Matthew on Empress. This year we were on Enchantment for Irma, then we had B2B on Adventure cancelled for Maria, now this. I'm starting to think I'm a hurricane magnet. Can't wait for Rhapsody in Europe in 2 weeks. No hurricanes there unless when we TA to Tampa.

You might want to post your entire cruise schedule, as a public service.;)

Seems like your on a Ship more then you are on land! At this point do the destinations even Matter?

Nassau in the sun is better the storm area.

As long as you are on the Allure are they selling the 10 drink cards mid week?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On this itinerary they should see if Senor Frog's has a 10 drink card. (and a wheel barrel back to the ship)

Nassau twice, yuck. I would just go out to the beach pool about 6 am with a couple of towels and snag some really good chairs. Then show up about 11 and enjoy the day by the pool. :')

Like I say, it is better than being at work.

Not really. Were actually considering dumping house and living on ships and airBNBs. Much cheaper. No worries. TA to Europe and live there till TA back or TP to Asia. But hurricanes get everyone wound up because of indecisions by RCCL on what to do and waiting till last minute to make decisions. Make them early so alternate solutions can be done by those booked. Reference the Adventure and hurricane Maria.

They kept changing daily.

We are on this cruise also. Really disappointed about Nassau again. I understand the captain can’t control the weather but a good will gesture of $25 shipboard credit would have been nice. I do think we could have gone to Falmouth and spent the day there but it would have reguired the ship to speed up and use extra fuel .I’m sure the rccl executives would frown on that. Two sea days in a row from Falmouth to Fort Lauderdale even with the propulsion problems should have been sufficient. This ship can go faster than most even with a speed restriction. With Royal anymore it’s all about the profit and not the passengers. And yes we have cruised a lot and are Diamond.

Hopefully you are enjoying your cruise. Weather sure makes it interesting when planning a cruise. I am not a fan of Nassau, and that itinerary would not be in my top 100. But a day on a ship is better than a day at work. Glad you seem to be a good sport about all the changes.

You might want to post your entire cruise schedule, as a public service.;)

Please do! :eek:;p:D

We are on this cruise also. Really disappointed about Nassau again. I understand the captain can’t control the weather but a good will gesture of $25 shipboard credit would have been nice. I do think we could have gone to Falmouth and spent the day there but it would have reguired the ship to speed up and use extra fuel .I’m sure the rccl executives would frown on that. Two sea days in a row from Falmouth to Fort Lauderdale even with the propulsion problems should have been sufficient. This ship can go faster than most even with a speed restriction. With Royal anymore it’s all about the profit and not the passengers. And yes we have cruised a lot and are Diamond.

It seems a bit far fetched to me to "think" you could have gone to Falmouth. Perhaps then RCCL could just consult you and fire those that analyze ship speeds and routes, fuel consumption, docking options, facilities managers, and of course the Captain. If I believed for even a minute that RCCL actually chose Nassau over Falmouth looking exclusively at profits and not considering any other factors, they would not be a line I would choose. Fortunately, I don't.

We're on this ship, too. We have absolutely no use for Nassau, but it's better than being in a storm. Read Cruiseshiplaw.com before declaring it a wonderful port.

That's the attitude!

• 2 weeks later...

I was also on this sailing. It rained a good part of the day during the first call at Nassau.....at least it was sunny and dry the second time around. This was my 16th time in Nassau, so I have no real love for the place (other than for ship spotting), but when things like this happen, people can either make the best of it, or whine about it and be miserable.