big mistake Princess!!

Currently onboard Golden Princess! Premium drink package has gone fm $59 a day to $86 a day and limited to 15 drinks per 24hr period!! and they have done away with happy hour!!! alot of very upset people onboard :mad:

Thanks for sharing your live on board experience re large increase in cost of Premium drink packages. Have you tried for a part refund, if you didn't receive any advance notice of the large increase?

Currently onboard Golden Princess! Premium drink package has gone fm $59 a day to $86 a day and limited to 15 drinks per 24hr period!! and they have done away with happy hour!!! alot of very upset people onboard :mad:

Indeed, some unhappy pax. Chez'andy reported this yesterday, they are on board too. I think it is going up to AU$89.99 soon.

Could be a mutiny on the Golden, are you near Pitcairn Island perhaps? :p

people are saying on FB that people were sharing the package so they put the prices up or do you think its inflation, what do you say

Hi Bob....Bit of both I would say. Human nature says pax will try and share a single drinks package. Particularly couples, moving from one bar to the other. How long between drinks purchases? :rolleyes:

As for inflation, well wholesale prices of booze go up like any other commodity.:o

But at the end of the day I reckon the price went up AU$30 because of pax 'maxxing out' to the daily 15 drink limit. Thus impacting on Carnival Corp profits. It has gone up on the 'overseas Princess ships too.:(

Are you saying they have done away with the Buy 1 get 1 for a $1?

Are you saying they have done away with the Buy 1 get 1 for a $1?

On the main Princess page there are a couple of posts, one about the new $86.99 cost and the fact that some ships are doing away with BOGO $1. However, and this will make you very cross, not on US cruises only on Oz cruises. Grrrrrr. The original poster was from the UK and he was looking for feedback from there. So far its been confirmed that Golden Princess has abolished BOGO $1 happy hour, I am wondering about the Sea or Sun Princess. Does anyone have any feedback please?

On the main Princess page there are a couple of posts, one about the new $86.99 cost and the fact that some ships are doing away with BOGO $1. However, and this will make you very cross, not on US cruises only on Oz cruises. Grrrrrr. The original poster was from the UK and he was looking for feedback from there. So far its been confirmed that Golden Princess has abolished BOGO $1 happy hour, I am wondering about the Sea or Sun Princess. Does anyone have any feedback please?

Princess cruises around the UK no longer have the BOGO $1 happy hour either.

Annie

people are saying on FB that people were sharing the package so they put the prices up or do you think its inflation, what do you say

Every cruise I have been on someone always tries to buy extra drinks for other people on a single beverage package. The rules are clearly defined and generally strictly enforced. Why are the people who try this on so indignant when they are rightfully caught out. Bar staff are generally aware of all the tricks and react accordingly. Maybe that is why the beverage packages have gone through the roof.

Every cruise I have been on someone always tries to buy extra drinks for other people on a single beverage package. The rules are clearly defined and generally strictly enforced. Why are the people who try this on so indignant when they are rightfully caught out. Bar staff are generally aware of all the tricks and react accordingly. Maybe that is why the beverage packages have gone through the roof.

You are probably right, some pax flog it to death and flaunt the rules with the package.:rolleyes:

Princess cruises around the UK no longer have the BOGO $1 happy hour either.

Annie

Thanks but I bet the North Americans booking on Princess cruises from Southampton, Copenhagen wherever, booking through Princess USA site or US T/A are able to get the Sip and Sail deal. Whereas the likes of you and I, Brits and Aussies on the same cruise are not able to get it. Like I am on Sapphire Princess from Southampton next year, no sip and sail offered when I booked through Princess Australia.:evilsmile: But I bet the North Americans will have it locked into their booking. Not right.

Do you have a drinks Package already? If so are they limiting it to the 15 drinks.

Okay, it seems the price hike on the drinks package is just an end to the discounted packages for Aussies.

The package is $59 USD plus gratuities which is the equivalent of $86 AUD.

It seems the limit is 15 alcoholic drinks not total drinks, perhaps this can be clarified.

As for the BoGo $1 not sure what is happening there and if it is fleet wide or just on the ships sailing out of Australia.

Okay, it seems the price hike on the drinks package is just an end to the discounted packages for Aussies.

The package is $59 USD plus gratuities which is the equivalent of $86 AUD.

It seems the limit is 15 alcoholic drinks not total drinks, perhaps this can be clarified.

As for the BoGo $1 not sure what is happening there and if it is fleet wide or just on the ships sailing out of Australia.

On the Princess board, Americans are reporting that BOGO $1 is alive and well on some ships and not on others. Weird.:evilsmile:

No Marion, its for the whole card, 15 coffees. And unused clips can be used on the next cruise, but still it's a 30% increase.

I remember when it was $20 for the Princess Coffee Card. Getting too expensive now. We take a box or two of Nescafe Cappucino sachets on board. Just get hot water from the buffet. Or if on P&O UK/Cunard, you can brew up in your cabin with facilities provided therein.:p

I remember when it was $20 for the Princess Coffee Card. Getting too expensive now. We take a box or two of Nescafe Cappucino sachets on board. Just get hot water from the buffet. Or if on P&O UK/Cunard, you can brew up in your cabin with facilities provided therein.:p

You are making P&O UK/Cunard more attractive by the minute. I want boiling water for my tea, like the British. Nescafe Cappuccino sachets would be a bonus.

Is this per day? Makes my occasional cappuccino at a Coffee Lounge at $3.50-$4.00 a bargain.

No Marion, its for the whole card, 15 coffees. And unused clips can be used on the next cruise, but still it's a 30% increase.

The cost of the card gives people a 20% discount on buying coffees individually (15 for the price of 12) but in addition you can get the other advantages of the card.