Prices for voom 1 person vs. 2 person

drise

I do not understand the pricing. It's $13.49 for 1 person total $94.43. Or $23.98 for 2 people total of $335.72. I just want to be able to text my son. Can I get two of the single rates which are cheaper than the 2 people rate? What am I missing?

I do not understand the pricing. It's $13.49 for 1 person total $94.43. Or $23.98 for 2 people total of $335.72. I just want to be able to text my son. Can I get two of the single rates which are cheaper than the 2 people rate? What am I missing?

When you get the two-device package, only one person buys it, so the total would be $167.86.

Where did you get the $335+ cost for whatever package? As others have indicated, if you have any interest, you may be able to work around a 1 device plan. Simply log on/off on the 1st device, and then log on/off the 2nd device when the other device in not connected. Just cordinate that both devices are not on line at the same time.

We do this when we sail and need to contact our mutual families and also play games on our devices.

If all you’re concerned about is texting, and don’t need data, then you may be better off with a plan from your cell phone provider. AT&T has a cruise plan that includes 50 voice minutes and unlimited text for $50

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know that both Verizon & AT&T have a $10 per day for unlimited voice & text, but only in port. Used

Verizon service last August in the Mediterranean. Wonder if the plan that you mentioned is port only.

I know that both Verizon & AT&T have a $10 per day for unlimited voice & text, but only in port. Used

Verizon service last August in the Mediterranean. Wonder if the plan that you mentioned is port only.

No, it is for the cruise. It includes onboard and while in many ports, but not all. https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans/cruise-packages.html

If all you’re concerned about is texting, and don’t need data, then you may be better off with a plan from your cell phone provider. AT&T has a cruise plan that includes 50 voice minutes and unlimited text for $50

That is excellent information. Thank you for posting[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, all I want is to be able to text my teen to keep in touch with him on the ship.

I have T-Mobile i will check if they have anything similar.

• 3 weeks later...
Exactly I need to text him. Still a bit confused, I assume I need two packages (1 for each of us) for 1 device each? Or is it one package for 2 devices?

You can do it either way, though one two-device package would be less expensive.

Exactly I need to text him. Still a bit confused, I assume I need two packages (1 for each of us) for 1 device each? Or is it one package for 2 devices?

No, you can get the 2 device package for one person.

What happens is, they give you the number of codes you pay for. 1 for a 1 device package, 2 for a 2 device package, etc.

You can have one device per code logged in at any given time. So if you and your son are on the cruise, you would need 2 codes so both could be logged in at the same time.

A fair warning. I can't speak for the newer O3B ships, because I can't remember if that was the case, but the older ships like the Grandeur have a setting on their routers that when your device goes to sleep, the connection to the wifi is dropped. Therefore, you may miss texts from one another. It reconnects automatically once it wakes up (unless its disconnected for more than 2 hours), but it may not come through right away. An easy "fix" is to not let your phone go to sleep, but at the same time, that will drain your battery quicker.

No, you can get the 2 device package for one person.

What happens is, they give you the number of codes you pay for. 1 for a 1 device package, 2 for a 2 device package, etc.

You can have one device per code logged in at any given time. So if you and your son are on the cruise, you would need 2 codes so both could be logged in at the same time.

This actually is not correct.

If you buy a two device package - they give you one code - but you can have two devices logged on at the same time. Each device uses the same code and any two can be logged on at the same time. I've done this on several sailings.

However, if you buy two single device packages you will get two separate codes. Any one device can be logged in with each individual code at a time. I've done this when the cost of 2 single device plans were cheaper than a single two device plan, or when it was included with the beverage packages.

Dan.

• 3 weeks later...

Check your planners for sales on voom . Like to purchase early and we knew we needed voom so we purchased one device surf and stream for regular price.$132.00. About 4-6 weeks later checked planner and price was now 2 devices for the same price or 50% off. So we switched. Still checking if anything better pops up before our cruise in January. but happy to get 2 for 1.