What does MSC laundry packages include?

MouseBerry

Hi,

will start my cruise on MSC Meraviglia in two days and just in the "pack the bags" process.

I'm thinking to reduce the amount of cloth and use laundry service on board. There are laundry packages

which seems like good value for money. Searched the forum for details, and of course official MSC website as well,

but coudn't figure out whether laundy packages include dry cleaning only or dry cleaning and ironing.

If they would include cleaning and ironing the packs would really a bargain, thus I doubt it. But if only cleaning

is included how will it be charged if ironing is required? Cleaning is covered with the pack and ironing is according

to the a la carte laundry menu?

Maybe one of the fellow board members used the service already.

Cheers

MouseBerry

Hi SirWolf,

that makes totally sense. I was a bit fooled by the German MSC website, which shows 3 laundry packages:

10pcs@15€

20pcs@25€

40pcs@45€

The description of the two smaller packages doesn't tell much about the details, but the bigger package desc. tells all

the details. And there it is described as you said: package include washing, drying and ironing, but dry cleaning is excluded.

The a la carte laundry menu shows 3 colums: dry cleaning, wash&ironing, ironing only. From this menu I could see

a single shirt washing, drying and ironing cost more than 5€. So I consider laundry packages a good deal.

Cheers

MouseBerry

So I consider laundry packages a good deal.

Hi MouseBerry,

I agree. The packages purchased in advance are pretty good.

On the US website of MSC the prices for Western Med on Seaview are:

10pcs $20

20pcs $30

40pcs $54

The prices are close to the European prices considering the exchange rate.

That is cheaper than my local laundromat... they charge $2.50 +tax for

a laundered shirt (washing & pressing).

Best Regards,

SirWolf

I was on the Divina two weeks ago, buying the laundry package was the best decision! We traveled from the states to the Mediterranean with only carryons!

We bought the 40 piece package and sent clothes each day. Besides what we were wearing everything was always clean. You have to have it ready before 10 am and it was on our bed the next day when we got back to the ship anywhere between 4:00 and 6:00 pm. You have the choice of folded or hung on hangers. Items were washed and ironed. Everything was returned perfectly and ready to wear.

• 1 month later...
I was on the Divina two weeks ago, buying the laundry package was the best decision! We traveled from the states to the Mediterranean with only carryons!

We bought the 40 piece package and sent clothes each day. Besides what we were wearing everything was always clean. You have to have it ready before 10 am and it was on our bed the next day when we got back to the ship anywhere between 4:00 and 6:00 pm. You have the choice of folded or hung on hangers. Items were washed and ironed. Everything was returned perfectly and ready to wear.

So they bring it back on hangers ???

Is that the price on all their ships. So one can bring minumin and always have cleN cloths.

I see different prices/different ships.

I've seen 10 pieces for $20 and 10 pieces for $35.

So, you don't have to send it all it at the same time? Maybe 10 pieces one day and 10 on another day? We are doing the Mediterranean to Miami this fall!

The last couple of cruises (one NCl and one MSC) I’ve taken I’ve only packed a 22” roll aboard and a back pack. No checked baggage. No suits/sports coats....no ties. Just a couple of button shirts and a couple of long pants. The rest is underwear, shorts, polo shirts, swim trunks and one pair of higher end “Topsiders” for specialty restaurants and another pair of tennis shoes.

About ½ way through the cruise, I send dirty laundry to be done. Nothing needs to be dry cleaned. Best way to cruise in my opinion.

Hi fellow cruisers,

initially we talked about the cost of laundry packages. I think consens was it is good value for money.

Now my cruise is over and I would like to give a bit info on the quality.

Actually the laundry quality is quite good. Some of my cleaned and ironed shirts looked better than ever before:)

If I was not totally satisfied on all aspects of my cruise, laundry service was just perfect.

cheers

MouseBerry

Actually the laundry quality is quite good. Some of my cleaned and ironed shirts looked better than ever before:)

Thanks for the update.

How do they classify things like socks, and underwear? Is this laundry I need to plan to do in the sink or does it work with their system, too?

How do they classify things like socks, and underwear? Is this laundry I need to plan to do in the sink or does it work with their system, too?

Socks (per pair, LOL) and underwear are part of the laundry service.

Somebody posted the form from MSC Preziosa on youtube.

Link:

If you stop at second 39 you can read "socks" and "underwear" on the form.

The form was also posted as PDF file on CC but I can not find the thread...

The last couple of cruises (one NCl and one MSC) I’ve taken I’ve only packed a 22” roll aboard and a back pack. No checked baggage. No suits/sports coats....no ties. Just a couple of button shirts and a couple of long pants. The rest is underwear, shorts, polo shirts, swim trunks and one pair of higher end “Topsiders” for specialty restaurants and another pair of tennis shoes.

About ½ way through the cruise, I send dirty laundry to be done. Nothing needs to be dry cleaned. Best way to cruise in my opinion.

This is exactly what we do as well, whether the laundry service is a free loyalty perk on some lines or we get charged a fee. Using just one piece of 21" luggage is a blessing, no need to bring more.

Thanks.

My other concern is about allergies to perfumes.

I have been doing my own laundry (and laundry for my family) when on vacation for years in order to travel with as little clothing as possible. However, the lack of self service laundry on MSC has me nervous. (For some reason it didn't occur to me to check on this before booking.) More than one of us have allergies to scented products. If our own clothing gets perfume locked into it we may be in trouble. Is there any way to get our clothing washed with unscented products?

So, you don't have to send it all it at the same time? Maybe 10 pieces one day and 10 on another day? We are doing the Mediterranean to Miami this fall!

This is the same question I have. Did you split up the laundry to make the TOTAL number, or do you have to send it all at the same time?

We use the heck out of the unlimited laundry and dry cleaning on Holland America for Neptune Suites and 4Star Mariners. How does MSC YC available laundry compare. I know it's not complimentary, but even with small charge we would use it if it's close.

Dennis

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

If I remember correct the paper bag with laundry had to be ready for pick-up by our YC butler by 10:00am and was ready/delivered by 5:00pm the following day. On embarking day the luggage will be delivered to the cabin in the afternoon, so the schedule for pick-up and re-deliver would not work for the laundry to be ready on the day following embarking.

On 6/16/2018 at 10:32 PM, Mama Lo said:

You can send any number of items on any given day except the day before disembarkmenr, one that day you can send up to 10 pieces in the morning and you get it back the same day.

That use to be the case but MSC started changing it last Dec.  I just purchased it a couple of days ago and on the website it now states that all 40 pieces have to be sent out at the same time. Below is the quote, notice what I highlighted.

BACK HOME CLEAN - 40 PIECES
Book now and save 15% vs. onboard price!
Including:
  • Max 40 items per cabin
Ideal for families or couple on longer cruises.
Extend the relaxation after a wonderful long holiday by returning home with your clothes washed, dried and ready to put away.

Please note that dry cleaning is excluded, and that silk, wool, men's suits and evening dress are excluded from the final day of the cruise option as they require special treatment. Item allowance must be used all together in a single delivery. Multiple deliveries are not accepted. Items are collected before 12.00pm, returned before dinner the next day. Refund not available for unused item allowance.