Debating and need help please

ARI421

Hi, I am a seasoned cruiser having been on 16 cruises. Carnival, royal Caribbean and ncl. Looking for a cruise this summer for myself, husband and 14 year old son and decided to Branch out when I saw the summit had a Bermuda cruise from new Jersey. However, I know Nothing about celebrity at all!! I would appreciate some info if you compare them to the other lines that would be wonderful! One of my concerns is activities for a 14 year old! My husband and I are in our 40s thanks

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Forums mobile app

Hi, I am a seasoned cruiser having been on 16 cruises. Carnival, royal Caribbean and ncl. Looking for a cruise this summer for myself, husband and 14 year old son and decided to Branch out when I saw the summit had a Bermuda cruise from new Jersey. However, I know Nothing about celebrity at all!! I would appreciate some info if you compare them to the other lines that would be wonderful! One of my concerns is activities for a 14 year old! My husband and I are in our 40s thanks

I have done several Celebrity cruises to Bermuda on both the Summit and older ships during the summer with kids including when they were teens. If you go end of June to end of August there will be loads of kids on board for your teen to interact with. Celebrity does not do rock climbing walls or water slides but the Summit will provide you with excellent food and the trip to Bermuda is great. The nice thing about Bermuda is you get there and stay for three days.

I did a music charter on summit a couple of months ago, I am diamond plus on rccl , we loved the summit great ship , buffet was so much better than any rccl ship. Will take her sister ship next year.

Celebrity Summit is a nice option in general out of NJ but it will not be loaded activities for a 14 yr old. Have you considered Anthem of the Seas which also goes out of NJ to Bermuda? There is a lot more to do for a 14 year old on Anthem. We have been on both. The vibe is completely different.

Celebrity Summit is a nice option in general out of NJ but it will not be loaded activities for a 14 yr old. Have you considered Anthem of the Seas which also goes out of NJ to Bermuda? There is a lot more to do for a 14 year old on Anthem. We have been on both. The vibe is completely different.

Anthem OTS is a lot more expensive than Summit and is only a five day cruise besides. The reason for taking this Bermuda cruise is to spend time in Bermuda which the Summit wins hands down. You could spend 3 days at Horseshoe Bay itself with no problem and not do anything else.

Enjoy your cruising days.

Anthem OTS is a lot more expensive than Summit and is only a five day cruise besides. The reason for taking this Bermuda cruise is to spend time in Bermuda which the Summit wins hands down. You could spend 3 days at Horseshoe Bay itself with no problem and not do anything else.

Hi we will be in the Summit next Oct 7 cruising to New England and Canada, will never forget a great friend, this will be our first time in NYC and all the ports of the cruise. Say hello to Lady Jane

Hi we will be in the Summit next Oct 7 cruising to New England and Canada, will never forget a great friend, this will be our first time in NYC and all the ports of the cruise. Say hello to Lady Jane

Make sure you're standing at a railing at sailaway....Summit will pass New Jersey's 911 Memorial (beautiful to starboard), then Statue of Liberty (port side) then sail under the Verrazano Bridge! You'll also be able to pick out the Wonder Wheel, Parachute Jump and roller coasters at Coney Island (also port side)! (binoculars will help). This was a fantastic cruise!!!

Hydrokitty

Summit does not have the bells and whistles for kids that some other lines have, but they do have a nice childrens/teens program. In the summer there will be some other teens to hang out with. Our son sailed on Celebrity with us for years and always had a good time. He used to download video games and videos on our laptop to keep himself amused if things got boring (don't count on internet gaming or good internet feeds - it leaves something to be desired and is very expensive). And there's always the pool. Also brought books and magazines, and we played games as a family which was nice. (they have Scrabble, but we usually brought some others, like Yahtzee - don't need to bring all the boxes - just the 'guts'). I don't know your son of course, but sometimes even teens like to just have some time to chill.

Anthem has a couple of 7 night cruises to Bermuda in Nov 2018 and will do 7-nights in 2019. But you correctly point out that there are only 5-night cruises this summer. Also Grandeur goes to Bermuda out of Baltimore.

Hi Gerardo and Lupita. If you are coming in a day early or extending your stay mi casa es su casa por una noche o dos.

Jen and I would love to have you as our guests. Let me know.

Vaya con dios.

ginopizza75 at verizon dot net

Edited by NordicPrince

We have recently discovered Celebrity after sailing most the other mainstream lines with our Daughter. When she was 14 the most important element to her was the quality of the Kid's Club. I would probably stick with RCL, NCL or Carnival if the priority is your son's pleasure. Having an only child, our DD usually brought a friend.

We have recently discovered Celebrity after sailing most the other mainstream lines with our Daughter. When she was 14 the most important element to her was the quality of the Kid's Club. I would probably stick with RCL, NCL or Carnival if the priority is your son's pleasure. Having an only child, our DD usually brought a friend.

I agree. Celebrity is wonderful and offer choices for kids - just not as many as RCCL & NCL (have not been on Carnival).

I agree. Celebrity is wonderful and offer choices for kids - just not as many as RCCL & NCL (have not been on Carnival).

It has been years since I have been on Carnival, but a couple of months ago while on Harmony of the Seas, i was talking to a family with 2-kids. We were in line to try out the Abyss and the kids were having a great time, but said they preferred Carnival. I was surprised. We were on the HARMONY!!! with the latest greatest experiences and Carnival was hands down these two kids first choice.

Side note - I am not suggesting the kid makes the final decision.

Thanks that was my concern!

Make sure you're standing at a railing at sailaway....Summit will pass New Jersey's 911 Memorial (beautiful to starboard), then Statue of Liberty (port side) then sail under the Verrazano Bridge! You'll also be able to pick out the Wonder Wheel, Parachute Jump and roller coasters at Coney Island (also port side)! (binoculars will help). This was a fantastic cruise!!!

Hydrokitty

thanks for the advice that I must not lose sight of.

Hi Gerardo and Lupita. If you are coming in a day early or extending your stay mi casa es su casa por una noche o dos.

Jen and I would love to have you as our guests. Let me know.

Vaya con dios.

ginopizza75 at verizon dot net

John thank you , Te escribi un correo

We have sailed both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean with our 13 y/o. Royal definitely has more activities for kids - rock walls, knee boarding, zip line..etc. That being said she spent most of her time hanging with other kids or swimming in the pool - your son will get to meet other kiddos during the summer months on Celebrity (more kids onboard). I think it's also what is important to you - the food on Celebrity is so much better (my opinion) and the vibe is more luxury/relaxing (also my opinion).

At the end of the day - our 13 y/o is just excited to go on vacation and island hop! :)

Good luck!