Chocolate Purse

Yaya&Papu

We just returned from our Prinsendam Bordeaux Explorer cruise. It was really great with such interesting ports of call.

But, the best dessert we have ever had on any HAL cruise was served on this one - the Chocolate Purse - it was called something else, but I knew what it was thanks to Ruth!!

Even DH who never eats dessert got one and was suitably impressed. Wish it had been served more than the one time.:)

Drat..... I forgot about it and never ordered it on Oosterdam. I hardly ever order any dessert or at most a scoop of ice cream. Had I remembered, I would have sampled the Chocolate Purse.

Happy you and your DH enjoyed it. :)

Sounds like your cruise was wonderful.

Glad I was able to let you know what to be on the look-out for. Isn't that just about the best dessert ever??? It sure was for me. The absolute best dessert I have ever had in my entire life.

I don't care about the fat, sugar, calories, how full I was---none of it.

Oh, and how was the cruise besides that??? :D

I haven't seen this one on my cruises. I wonder if they offered it when I was gone to a specialty restaurant. I'm going to have to plan better:D.

It's not listed under that name on the menu, so you really have to be on the look-out for it. It's written in Dutch. When it was served on my cruise I didn't even spot it, even though I had heard about it. It was someone at my table (thank you, Christopher) who pronounced it out loud, and that's when it clicked.

Whatever the word for "chocolate" is in Dutch is what I eventually heard. But it took a while.

Glad I was able to let you know what to be on the look-out for. Isn't that just about the best dessert ever??? It sure was for me. The absolute best dessert I have ever had in my entire life.

Oh, and how was the cruise besides that??? :D

LOL, I owe you a "thank you", too, Ruth! We enjoyed the Chocolate Purse on the Maasdam and I have you to thank for the "head's up". It was fabulous!!!

Yes, thanks to RuthC, two more happy pax sampled the Chocolate Purse! We've tried it at least three times and it just gets better and better.

Let's keep talking about chocolate!

Anyone tried the Chocolate Tart? Basically, chocolate ganache in a pastry shell. Really, really rich and the pastry is a cut above what HAL usually serves! Good with whipped cream (order extra!).

Thanks, RuthC!

What exactly is it and how does it taste ??? (Yes, I know - heavenly !!)

Basically, take a square of phillo dough (I think that's the dough; could be a choux paste, but I don't think so.), and place a square of verrrry good chocolate in the center. Pull up the corners of the dough, and twist.

Then, pop it in a very hot oven to bake. The dough will get all flaky & toasty, while the chocolate gets gooey.

Serve at once.

Ruth - I just read the following and thought of you - thanks for giving me the opportunity to send it your way:

Whoever said nothing tastes as good as being thin feels, obviously never tasted chocolate.

Ruth - I just read the following and thought of you - thanks for giving me the opportunity to send it your way:

Whoever said nothing tastes as good as being thin feels, obviously never tasted chocolate.

Thank you for the new addition to my chocolate signatures list. Your contribution will appear one day!

Which reminds me, I am past time to change my siggy.

It's not listed under that name on the menu, so you really have to be on the look-out for it. It's written in Dutch. When it was served on my cruise I didn't even spot it, even though I had heard about it. It was someone at my table (thank you, Christopher) who pronounced it out loud, and that's when it clicked.

Whatever the word for "chocolate" is in Dutch is what I eventually heard. But it took a while.

The Dutch word for chocolate is "chocola" or "chocolade".

Yum! :D

something like this?

DSCN1522%5B1%5D

here is a link to the recipe (with photos):

http://luvstrawberrycake.blogspot.com/2010/02/chocolate-lovers-beware.html

Thanks for the recipe...I have a new unopened bottle of Nutella...that has been screaming for attention! Our grandkids LOVE Nutella...and their mother loves Giada's recipes...so this would be a great recipe to try.

Archived