Big changes coming

redshine

Just got this this morning. I wonder if they will raise the prices for these new incentives? What happens to the people that have already booked?

OCEANIA CRUISES ANNOUNCES NEW ‘OLIFE ADVANTAGE’ EARLY BOOKING INITIATIVE

Early Booking Incentives Include Free Shore Excursions, Unlimited Internet and Pre-Paid Gratuities

MIAMI, Fla. (July 2, 2015) – Since its inception Oceania Cruises has rewarded guests who book early with the best possible fares, and today the line introduced a new innovative program called the OLife Advantage, which provides extraordinary additional incentives for guests looking to book their 2016 spring, summer or fall cruise vacations early. Launching July 6, 2015, the OLife Advantage program streamlines and unifies all of Oceania Cruises’ advanced booking incentives, giving all guests who book a veranda stateroom category or above the same collection of complimentary amenities, including free shore excursions, unlimited internet and pre-paid gratuities.

“We are excited to introduce this new simplified promotion strategy, which we created based on feedback received from our loyal guests and travel agent partners,” shared Jason Montague, president and chief operating officer for Oceania Cruises. “With the OLife Advantage we’re further incentivizing guests to book early with an incredible new value package of complimentary amenities, which include unlimited internet access so guests can stay connected with friends and family back home and free shore excursions to delve more deeply into history, culture, art and cuisine of the destinations visited.”

“Equally important,” added Montague, “this simple and all-encompassing promotion allows us to focus on our travel partners, empowering them with the confidence to encourage their clients to book early for the best possible value.”

Oceania Cruises sets the standard with creative, destination-rich itineraries featuring ample time ashore and multiple overnights, so guests can explore some of the world’s most fascinating locales at their leisure. The OLife Advantage program provides three free excursions per person on sailings up to nine days, four free excursions on journeys between 10 and 13 days, and five free excursions on itineraries 14 days or more. Guests sailing on the OLife Advantage program have a wide variety of shore excursion to choose from, including a scenic visit to Ravello in Amalfi/Positano, a walking tour of Tallinn, Estonia and sea kayaking to Eagle Island in Ketchikan, Alaska.

“As destination experts, the Oceania Cruises’ fleet sails to some of the most picturesque and iconic destinations around the globe,” explained Montague. “The free excursions offered with our new OLife Advantage program will allow guests to further immerse themselves in these incredible destinations, helping to make their cruise vacation more complete and satisfying their desire to discover new places.”

Guests will be able to take advantage of the free Internet either through the ship’s Wi-Fi system or at the Oceania@Sea Internet café. Oceania Cruises recently upgraded the Wi-Fi system across its fleet to provide connectivity throughout the entire ship, including all public spaces, outdoor decks and all suites and staterooms.

The OLife Advantage program extends to all spring, summer and fall 2016 voyages in Europe, Alaska and Canada/New England. To qualify for the complimentary shore excursions, free unlimited internet and pre-paid gratuities, guests must book a veranda stateroom category or above before Sept. 30, 2015.

The summer 2016 collection also includes the highly anticipated maiden season for Sirena, the newest addition to the Oceania Cruises fleet. The expanded six-ship fleet provides Oceania Cruises even greater flexibility to create an unprecedented number of new itineraries for the upcoming season, offering a perfect fusion of classic and off-the-beaten-path ports. The summer 2016 itineraries, all available for the OLife Advantage program, will capture the imagination of even the most seasoned traveler.

For more information about Oceania Cruises’ OLife Advantage program, guests can visit OceaniaCruises.com, call 1.855.OCEANIA (1.855.623.2642) or contact a professional travel agent.

I wonder if that means they are going to stop offering new perk 6-8 mths out

We always book over a yr in advance then see perks added later so far my TA has been able to get us the new incentives but does not work for everyone

I could care less about the free excursions & already get the PPG

not a big deal for me

To me it is smells of another marketing ploy because sales are slow on some sailings ;)

Cynical maybe

just saying

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

Since this is not company wide but based on only some trips either these trips are not selling well or they want to really jack up the price for them. I would have no interest in included Internet or shore trips. Now add drinks and tips and I would look twice.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

Edited by hypercafe

I don't see anywhere that this is limited to certain cruises --

"...unifies all of Oceania Cruises’ advanced booking incentives, giving all guests who book a veranda stateroom category or above the same collection of complimentary amenities..."

The only limitation I see is that it has to be veranda or better, and booked before Sept 30, 2105.

I don't see anywhere that this is limited to certain cruises --

"...unifies all of Oceania Cruises’ advanced booking incentives, giving all guests who book a veranda stateroom category or above the same collection of complimentary amenities..."

The only limitation I see is that it has to be veranda or better, and booked before Sept 30, 2105.

It says Europe, Alaska and Canada. We sail the Crib and South America so I guess we are out.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

I'm curious to see the fare differences with these inclusions. Trust me, you will belaying for each "freebie" they give you. Silversea has just done the same thing on its Asia cruises for next year. I have one booked for fifteen days next April and the moment they included excursions and a flight the fare went up $2000 per person.

They could make the Free excursions like the Free air & free hotel ...let people OPT OUT & deduct the cost from the fare

I have no interest in big bus tours free or otherwise

Edited by LHT28

We have sampled "free excursions" on Regent and although not all are excellent many are. We thoroughly enjoyed many on our Sydney/Hong Kong cruise. I would also point out we have never been on a bus more than 1/2 to 5/8 full.

I would also say that cruise line excursions can easily be better than privately scheduled, just speaking from experience.

We had the free excursions on our Cape Town to Singapore on Regent this last Dec./Jan. and all the excursions were wonderful. We did pay for a couple we wanted that were not free, but every one was handled well and was excellent.

Now, my husband just passed away May 30th, and I now have to seek out reasonable single supplements, and I haven't seen any on Oceania. Mr. Del Rio, please look at this angle as well. We have 18 cruises on O, but I guess I am out of enjoying more on Oceania. I have just booked one on Regent with an excellent single supplement. Thanks for that.

This new marketing idea intrigues me, but again, I see nothing on a single supplement. And yes, included drinks is great, but you can actually include drinks by paying the daily per diem. One has choices.

Now, my husband just passed away May 30th, and I now have to seek out reasonable single supplements, and I haven't seen any on Oceania. Mr. Del Rio, please look at this angle as well. We have 18 cruises on O, but I guess I am out of enjoying more on Oceania. I have just booked one on Regent with an excellent single supplement. Thanks for that.

I am sorry for your loss

Did you look under the promotions link on the website

I know there is not a big variety but they do some lower SS priced cruises

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/single-supplement/

Lyn

Lyn, thank you. Of course the "single supplement" is now a new phase of my life, and I had not seen that in the Oceania website. I must not have been looking in the right place.

Thank you so much. I'll follow that closely.

I'm on the Sirena inaugural, but I may cancel that and keep an eye on the site you showed me. I really wanted to go back to Asia (but can't this January).

Again, thank you so much.

Brenda

Lyn, thank you. Of course the "single supplement" is now a new phase of my life, and I had not seen that in the Oceania website. I must not have been looking in the right place.

Brenda

I think that link is a recent addition to the site

also alert your TA that if any good deals come up with low SS you would like to know

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

spindrift, I am also very sorry for your loss. Hopefully you have friends and family around you during this difficult time. It is good that your thoughts in the future are of cruising -- it will be a bright spot on the horizon.

In terms of excursions, being a Regent customer, and one that dislikes included excursions, I understand what some of you are going through and I agree to a certain extent. After having more than one conversation with Mr. Del Rio about this topic, I would not expect an opt out option to appear any time soon. Included excursions has been immensely profitable for Regent - bringing in many new passengers.

As has been posted, there are some areas of the world where excursions - whether "included" or not are excellent. Africa and the Middle East come to mind. The worst excursions we have taken were in South America followed by the Caribbean and in some parts of Europe. When we pay for a Regent exclusive excursion, the prices are generally lower than what Oceania passengers pay for excursions currently. On the other hand, many/most current passengers arrange small group or private tours on their own which may be the best way to go.

IMO, the biggest issue will be on the larger ships - Riviera and Marina because of the number of passengers. It is not unusual to have multiple buses going to the same place. While they (Regent) attempts to route the buses so they will not arrive at the same place at the same time, there have been times when 4-6 buses arrive at a restroom stop at the same time with only small restrooms (definitely not fun). We have also had to do a wine tasting at 9:30 a.m. because they were buses arriving at the same location every couple of hours.

While newlondon has not been on a "full" bus, we have - quite a few times. There are other times when the buses are 3/4 full. Rarely have we been on a bus half full (I do recall one excursion that no one wanted to go on when we were docked in Gibraltar -- the bus had about 15 people and the excursion was wonderful).

It seems that Oceania and Regent need to encourage new passengers while not losing current ones. Silversea is also now doing "some" included excursions. This appears to be a proven way of drawing new customers.

In terms of single supplements, on Regent they do run them on cruises that are not selling well. Silversea seems to have the best single supplements and are not a bad cruise line.

I'll be watching this new development with interest.

As I have said since PCH bought Regent and now with the NCL addition, I have been saying that Regent and Oceania are going to be one cruise line. Even if the ships have different names on the hull, this brings it another step closer.

As I have said since PCH bought Regent and now with the NCL addition, I have been saying that Regent and Oceania are going to be one cruise line. Even if the ships have different names on the hull, this brings it another step closer.

That was my first thought as well after reading the news.

ChatKat - you have been saying this for 7+ years and FDR has been saying that it won't happen for the same amount of time. IMO, as long as he is CEO, it won't happen. Even if they both became all-inclusive, one would be all-inclusive luxury and the other all-inclusive premium plus.

No one mentioned this but "O" is charging an additional $300 per person for these new "FREE" items.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2015/07/02/oceania-cruises-price-hike-complimentary-amenities/29633227/

If it is "only" $300/p then it would not be so bad. Unlimited internet and shore excursions would cost a lot more than $300; even though some get PPG as part of other perks, this may add another $250 or $300 OBC, depending on the length of the cruise.However, internet and OBC for PPG are p/cabin while $300 would be p/p

So - sounds like a reasonable deal at $300/p if one takes many shore excursions, which as we know, are expensive whether taken with cruise line or DIY.

Edited by Paulchili

Agree ChatKat....

ChatKat - you have been saying this for 7+ years and FDR has been saying that it won't happen for the same amount of time. IMO, as long as he is CEO, it won't happen. Even if they both became all-inclusive, one would be all-inclusive luxury and the other all-inclusive premium plus.

It is happening. Just because there are two brand names on the 8 ships doesn't mean that there are many commonalities. Shore Excursions, Air Dept, Food - witnessed with my own eyes - Executive Chefs preparing the new menus - Regent Chefs on Riviera last year.

If you have ever stayed at a Westin and a Sheraton - they are very aligned.

Although all of us are Armchair Admirals to a certain extent, from what I have seen on the two Boards, the people who are most resistant to the two lines amalgamating are the Regent Old Guard who have a horror of Oceania muck contaminating "their" Cruise Line.

I can also play clairvoyant here and point out that the first three people who INSIST that this is not so will also be the people who are most guilty of it. :D

On the other hand, it is impossible to responsibly operate two such similar entities while NOT unifying some operations if only in the interest of "economy of scale", and ALL OF US are watching the bottom line to a certain extent, so I think that the clutching of the pearls can stop now ;):p:D