Crown & anchor status of child reaching adulthood

Hi,

I am diamond plus status and just wondering what status my son attains on turning 18 years(adult in Australia)? He is Diamond in his own right according to the number of nights he himself has sailed. Thanks in advance.

If you became D+ before he turned 18, and he was linked to your account and sailed with you prior to turning 18, then he would have the same status as you - D+. Once he turns 18, he will be de-linked, but will retain the status.

Unless there's a difference in the C&A terms in Australia, if you're accounts are linked, and he shares your address, he should be D+ and will retain D+ status on reaching 18. His advancement to Pinnacle, should he desire to do so, will depend on his own cruise credits. Same applies to other levels, i.e., if you were D, he'd be D, but would have to make D+ on his own.

Pinnacle is, of course, different...

Hi,

Ok, so my son will be awarded the same level as me, diamond plus when he turns 18 years. But then how many points will he have? Will it be the starting points at level of diamond plus or the same as me now at 254 points? Thanks

Hi,

Ok, so my son will be awarded the same level as me, diamond plus when he turns 18 years. But then how many points will he have? Will it be the starting points at level of diamond plus or the same as me now at 254 points? Thanks

If you are D+ on YOUR points and he is D on HIS points at the moment that he turns 18, the "rule" is that he is considered D+ but with his own number of points.

It makes more sense to explain it at a lower level, since Pinnacle seems so unattainable to many. ;)

If he is Emerald with 60 points and you are Diamond with 100 points, when he turns 18, he is considered Diamond because he is linked to you. But he keeps that Diamond status until he has actually accumulated another 115 points to graduate to Diamond Plus with 175 points.

Clear as mud? ;) :D

Wow, Royals rules are confusing, but yes I think I get it now! My son will turn 18 years mid cruise and I will have access to concierge lounge as d+ member and I thought they may not allow him access when he turned 18 as he was no longer a child and would be delinked from me and would actually be only diamond himself by the points he had accrued. It seems he retains diamond plus anyway due to my status. He will just add to the overcrowding in the concierge lounge then , lol :rolleyes:

Wow, Royals rules are confusing, but yes I think I get it now! My son will turn 18 years mid cruise and I will have access to concierge lounge as d+ member and I thought they may not allow him access when he turned 18 as he was no longer a child and would be delinked from me and would actually be only diamond himself by the points he had accrued. It seems he retains diamond plus anyway due to my status. He will just add to the overcrowding in the concierge lounge then , lol :rolleyes:

Just make sure he is linked with you now, because you cannot link him once he turns 18. If he is linked with you now, he should be Diamond Plus now.

Edited by clarea

Thanks Bob I will be sure to check that out. He has always been linked as far as I know, do I just call RCCL and ask( I don't trust their call centre though) or can I somehow check online myself? Thanks Sue

Thanks Bob I will be sure to check that out. He has always been linked as far as I know, do I just call RCCL and ask( I don't trust their call centre though) or can I somehow check online myself? Thanks Sue

I don't know of a way to check online. I would try calling your local Crown & Anchor number.

Your son should have an online account that he can check. That is if he set one up on rccl's web site. My daughter had an account online since she was 7 and she is now 19.

You would need his sign in I'd and password to check. You can set up an account for him now to check . Unfortunately I don't remember how to do that.

Your son should have an online account that he can check. That is if he set one up on rccl's web site. My daughter had an account online since she was 7 and she is now 19.

You would need his sign in I'd and password to check. You can set up an account for him now to check . Unfortunately I don't remember how to do that.

Maybe the process has changed, but people have reported not being allowed to create My Cruises accounts for minors.

My granddaughter who sail with me as a child turned 18 last March. She got a letter from Royal stating that she was Diamond. To make Diamond+ she will have to add trips to her account to reach the full total. She has 72 pts now. The trip we are taking in May will make her a real Diamond member.

I went online and checked my account, my 17yo daughter is linked to my Diamond account...it gives a list of the family members linked. However, I was not able to open an account separately for her using her own username and password. I received an error message stating I could not open an account separately for a minor child.

I went online and checked my account, my 17yo daughter is linked to my Diamond account...it gives a list of the family members linked. However, I was not able to open an account separately for her using her own username and password. I received an error message stating I could not open an account separately for a minor child.

That has been my experience as well for the past 4 years in trying to set up an account for my children. Even calls to C&A brought the same response.

Even though you can't set up an online account for a minor, if they have sailed with you, they will have their own C&A number that is linked to yours.

Edited to add: I believe you have to call to get them registered as C&A members, but it's been a long time since we set up our kids.

Edited by orville99

Hi,

He would have "his" points but be a D+. It will take him longer to reach his next tier because of that, but continue to have D+ benefits.

If you are D+ on YOUR points and he is D on HIS points at the moment that he turns 18, the "rule" is that he is considered D+ but with his own number of points.

I am glad this is the policy now. I had a HUGE argument with C&A about 5 years ago about my two sons and their D+ status. RCCL "demoted" them when I booked a family cruise.

They were enrolled in 1990, and I still had the letter from RCCL congratulating the whole family on reaching Diamond status later on. All our names and C&A numbers were printed on the letter. They kept them in synch with our level until they had the new addresses for them, then it all blew up.

I told them if I had it in writing that they were Diamond, and there was no statement about being over 18 and living at a different address, then they were Diamond. I told them they couldn't put something in writing, and then want to change it without the same level of documentation. With much discussion with the supervisor, they moved them both back up to Diamond Plus, which is the level they had before the "demotion".

Then, they didn't synchronize my DIL with my son's level, and I had to have THAT conversation with them, too.

Edited by pcur