Princess Survey about Formal Nights

ready2cruzagain

Thought this was interesting. Received a survey this morning from Princess most of it was about formal nights and looks like they are wanting to change them. Below are some of the questions that were asked:

Now we are going to switch gears and ask some questions about Formal Nights. Please read the description below and answer the questions that follow:

The following questions are designed to tell us what our guests think of Formal Nights aboard Princess Cruises. Click NEXT to continue.

Please let us know how much you agree or disagree with the following statements:

Completely

disagree

Completely

agree

I would be bothered if formal dress were optional on Formal Night.

Formal Nights enhance my cruise experience.

Eliminating formal occasions would make me more likely to book a cruise.

Limiting formal occasions to one Formal Night instead of two would make me more likely to book a cruise.

Formal Nights are very important to my spouse or significant other.

I would be bothered if formal dress were optional on Formal Night.

If I choose not to dress up for Formal Night, there are sufficient alternative dining venues for me to eat at.

Formal nights are very important to me on a cruise.

How many formal nights do you think we should have on a 7-day cruise?

Please enter a number (0-6):

If Cruise Line A had Formal Nights and Cruise Line B did not--everything else was equal--with which cruise line would you be most likely to book a cruise?

Least

likely

Most

likely

Cruise Line A (offers Formal Nights)

Cruise Line B (no Formal Nights)

How likely are you to purchase a cruise vacation in the near future?

What changes would you make to the Formal Night experience? (Please limit responses to 450 letters & spaces.)

What do you typically wear on Formal Night?

Princess Cruises is considering re-naming Formal Night. Please rate the appeal of the following names. Please also rate the appeal of the original name, "Formal Night," that is also included in the list.

Not at all

appealing

Extremely

appealing

Date Night

Formal Night

Elegant Evenings

Classic Chic Night

Red Carpet Nights

Romantic Evenings

Enchanted Evenings

What other names for Formal Night should Princess Cruises consider using?

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Thought this was interesting. Received a survey this morning from Princess most of it was about formal nights and looks like they are wanting to change them.

Quite interesting indeed. I hope the survey is sent to all people in Princess's data base.

At least Princess does realize that although many people do dress for the formal evenings they're are a growing number not wanting to partake and still enjoy cruising.

I received the survey this morning and selected the strongest "KEEP FORMAL NIGHT" option for each question. Why? If you don't like formal night there a lot of options for you. If you want a formal night, you are limited...unless you don't mind having pizza while sitting next to a guy wearing a tank top...the same tank top he wore to breakfast...yesterday:)

We have NOT received the survey but we know about the change to "Evening Chic" on Celebrity and are not happy about it. It's not so much the name but the parameters that bother me.

Jeans are considered "Chic" in their current dress code.

My feeling is that people generally push the limits (plenty of men only wear long sleeved shirts with no jacket already on what is called "formal") and now I see absolutely no difference between "chic" and other nights.

Too bad to lose another little special part of cruising.

I received the survey this morning and selected the strongest "KEEP FORMAL NIGHT" option for each question. Why? If you don't like formal night there a lot of options for you. If you want a formal night, you are limited...unless you don't mind having pizza while sitting next to a guy wearing a tank top...the same tank top he wore to breakfast...yesterday:)

I voted the same way as you did. In the comments I stated that formal nights are a part of cruising and if someone doesn't want to dress up then there are plenty of options available to them. I love formal nights and will be very disappointed if they change them.

Why are you limited? You can dress as formal as you want and eat in any of the ship's venue. Nothing is preventing you from doing that.

I voted the same way as you did. In the comments I stated that formal nights are a part of cruising and if someone doesn't want to dress up then there are plenty of options available to them. I love formal nights and will be very disappointed if they change them.

I said the same thing along with the comment that the maitre' d's on all Princess ships need to be consistent in their enforcement of the dress code in the main dining room for dinner.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Perfect description of a the perfect storm. My wife spends a couple of hours getting ready and looks fantastic. I'm so proud to be seen with her. Then we get sat next to a couple that look like they just stepped in for a quick bite after sitting at the pool all day.

Why are you limited? You can dress as formal as you want and eat in any of the ship's venue. Nothing is preventing you from doing that.

I get what your saying. But I get what they are saying as well. It's one thing to be a part of the party and enjoying yourself. It's a completely different feeling to put on your best penguin outfit only to find out your the only penguin in the zoo. :cool:

I'm sure that if Princess did get rid of "Formal" night, it would be replaced with something like HAL did "Gala" night or Celebrity's "Chic" night. It will not be replaced with "Guy Wearing Tank Top" night. Give them so credit to keep everyone happy.

Edited by Cruise Junky

Perfect description of a the perfect storm. My wife spends a couple of hours getting ready and looks fantastic. I'm so proud to be seen with her. Then we get sat next to a couple that look like they just stepped in for a quick bite after sitting at the pool all day.

I get what your saying. But I get what they are saying as well. It's one thing to be a part of the party and enjoying yourself. It's a completely different feeling to

]put on your best penguin outfit only to find out you're the only penguin in the zoo. ] :cool:

LOVE it!

Where were you when I needed an analogy to comment on the Celebrity board?

My husband has always taken his tux on our cruises but when I told him about Celebrity's new policy he said he would stick out like a sore thumb in it on our upcoming cruise . :(

I'm sure that if Princess did get rid of "Formal" night, it would be replaced with something like HAL did "Gala" night or Celebrity's "Chic" night. It will not be replaced with "Guy Wearing Tank Top" night. Give them so credit to keep everyone happy.

Yes. It will be a different name, that's all. LOL at "Guy in tank top night.":D

I get what your saying. But I get what they are saying as well. It's one thing to be a part of the party and enjoying yourself. It's a completely different feeling to put on your best penguin outfit only to find out your the only penguin in the zoo. :cool:

Couldn't of said it any better; loved your quotes! I feel exactly like you do. My wife looks amazing in her formal dresses and I wear the tux out of respect to her to make the night a special evening. One of the reasons we choose Princess is because of their formal night traditions. If they choose to make changes they may force us to choose a new cruiseline.

We have NOT received the survey but we know about the change to "Evening Chic" on Celebrity and are not happy about it. It's not so much the name but the parameters that bother me.

Jeans are considered "Chic" in their current dress code.

My feeling is that people generally push the limits (plenty of men only wear long sleeved shirts with no jacket already on what is called "formal") and now I see absolutely no difference between "chic" and other nights.

Too bad to lose another little special part of cruising.

Agreed.....:):):)

I'm still waiting on my survey....

Bob

I don't hold out much hope that Princess will get it right. Keep formal night is my thought.....

Bob

What ever they decide, they're sure to keep some resemblance of formal nights intact for fear of losing business. Lets hope their final decision appeases both sides equally. Perhaps as separate dining section or dining room so as not to offend either side. ;)

That's still dislodging people from where they eat on account of dress. Possibly an inquiry could be made in the reservation process as to whether they prefer to dine at a table where the others plan on dressing formally for those nights.

Edited by Wehwalt