Beverage Packages

Does someone knows if I can give the cup for soda to my child and ask for a drink for both (a soda and an alcoholic beverage) at same time if I'm the only one with the Beverage package? I don't drink soda and was wondering if she can use it whitout the need to buy her a soda package.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Beverage packages are for one person only. Sharing is considered theft. If caught (and they do watch), you lose your package - no refunds. Buy her a soda package or individual sodas.

If you has 2 sea pass cards w/ the appropriate beverage package, and they are over the age of 21 then they can usually acquire both drinks. The cup is only for soda that your child should be able to acquire at any beverage location. Sometimes they also ask to see the sea pass card in conjunction with the cup.

Unfortunately no. Even though you will receive a souvenir soda cup, it can't be used for someone else. Any drinks for someone else are not covered under your package even if it's just a soda.

The real answer is yes.

I have let my kids have soda with it plenty of times.

It is only an issue with people on this website.....

That is called Theft, plain and simple.

It clearly states in the T & C that the Beverage Packages are per person and if you are caught sharing, then the Beverage Package can be terminated without refund.

That is called Theft, plain and simple.

It clearly states in the T & C that the Beverage Packages are per person and if you are caught sharing, then the Beverage Package can be terminated without refund.

Never actually read it.

Whoops...

But I am still going to do it anyway........

By the books answer: Sharing is not allowed.

Practical answer: As long as you are not blatantly passing out drinks right in front of the bartender's eyes, the only trouble you'll get into is with the busybodies on Cruise Critic. If your kid is not going to drink enough soda to justify his own drink package then you aren't Literally Hitler for letting him bum off your card a couple times.

I'm curious...would a crew member tell her it's ok? or a royal Caribbean representative tell her it's ok? If the answer is yes, then there you go...we would then say our kids can share our beverage package. However, if the answer is no....what do you say then?

Anyone can sneak or cheat on the package...that's a great lesson to teach your kid by the way. The OP asked if it's okay and according to the rules it's not. If the rules have changed, let us know because I'm sure the parents on this board would love to share their beverage package with their kids! :D

I had people on here telling me it was wrong to get a drink, like it a lot and want someone to have a sip, one sip just to see if they liked it. I mean really guys, lighten up.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

I saw someone complain that they had seen someone wear beige sandals in the main dining room on formal night. I cannot fathom expending the emotional energy while ON VACATION to care about what someone's feet look like tucked away under a table on the opposite side of a dining room.

I had people on here telling me it was wrong to get a drink, like it a lot and want someone to have a sip, one sip just to see if they liked it. I mean really guys, lighten up.

I agree with you. We had our mother in law take sips of our frozen drinks and then she would buy them herself or she would decide she didn't like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would say not to share a package because it is stealing. Yeah, you might get away with it. And yeah, you may not have a morale issue with it. But if someone asked me if it was okay to burglarize a house I would say - no, that is stealing. If you ask someone if it is okay to steal - you should expect that some of us have a morale issue with stealing and are going to say so. And of course, there are those that have no morale issue with it and will give you advice on how to get away with it.

The only thing that fascinates me is those that think it is okay to steal in this manner would be all over CC complaining about how wrong it was if someone stole their belongings while they were in the pool (or whatever). Stealing is either wrong or it is not. You don't get to have it both ways.

But if someone asked me if it was okay to burglarize a house I would say - no, that is stealing.

What an asinine comment. Of course overdrawing your drink card to the tune of $2 worth of soda syrup should never be placed on the same level or compared to burglarizing a house.

What are you going to say next? "Oh, you think it's okay to kill ants? Do you also think it's okay to kill SIX MILLION JEWS???"

What an asinine comment. Of course overdrawing your drink card to the tune of $2 worth of soda syrup should never be placed on the same level or compared to burglarizing a house.

What are you going to say next? "Oh, you think it's okay to kill ants? Do you also think it's okay to kill SIX MILLION JEWS???"

I realize it was an extreme example. But so was the comment about giving someone a sip of a drink.

Obviously I hit a nerve :-)

We were on Oasis January 2016. My son had pre-purchased the beer and wine package. A few hours after boarding he was in the promenade and saw a table setup selling all beverage packages. He upgraded to the ultimate beverage package and the person at the table handed him the coke tumbler, he handed the tumbler to his 11 year old daughter, his daughter asked the person selling the package where she could get a coke, the person at the table pointed to Sorrentos a few feet away and off she went, she used the cup the whole week. To satisfy the cc police let me add that our granddaughter had a guilt driven upset stomach all week and that for the last year she has been in therapy for the criminally insane and ongoing father daughter issues are tearing apart the family. I need to take a cruise to forget it all. All this because an irresponsible RCL employee with a possible criminal background pointed to a freestyle coke machine..happy criminal free cruising.

I'm curious...would a crew member tell her it's ok? or a royal Caribbean representative tell her it's ok? If the answer is yes, then there you go...we would then say our kids can share our beverage package. However, if the answer is no....what do you say then?

Anyone can sneak or cheat on the package...that's a great lesson to teach your kid by the way. The OP asked if it's okay and according to the rules it's not. If the rules have changed, let us know because I'm sure the parents on this board would love to share their beverage package with their kids! :D

No it's not ok to share but will a crew member allow it, possibly. On Allure the first night the head waiter asked my daughter which of the frozen specialty drinks on the kids menu she wanted. I asked how much and he said nothing since I have a drink package and I was getting alcohol. It happens, every night they brought her a frozen concoction- always on my package. I was willing to pay, but they just charged to the package .

I doubt anyone really has a problem with the scenario you described. The problem are the 'push the envelope' people who turn

'what if I give a sip to a friend to try' to

'what if I take a sip of a drink and hate it and hand it off to a friend to finish - it's just gonna get thrown away anyway' to

'So I can share the beverage package by ordering the drink my friend wants and then deciding I don't like it'

I doubt anyone really has a problem with the scenario you described. The problem are the 'push the envelope' people who turn

'what if I give a sip to a friend to try' to

'what if I take a sip of a drink and hate it and hand it off to a friend to finish - it's just gonna get thrown away anyway' to

'So I can share the beverage package by ordering the drink my friend wants and then deciding I don't like it'

Who cares if people do this? You would enjoy your vacations more if you didn't spend so much time hemming and hawing over things that have no effect on you.

Who cares if people do this? You would enjoy your vacations more if you didn't spend so much time hemming and hawing over things that have no effect on you.

If the cruise line changes the rules (again) to require all guests in a stateroom to purchase a beverage package, it would affect me.

The real answer is yes.

I have let my kids have soda with it plenty of times.

It is only an issue with people on this website.....

Guess you don't know what theft is. Theft is taking an item without paying for it. Now you say I paid for it. Yes you did, and you paid for it knowing the rules are for your own personal consumption. The person you "share" with is not you, do therefore, giving a drink to a person that did not pay for it, is theft, and if that person knows that they are receiving stolen items, than they become accessories. It's not only an issue on the website, but in restaurants and many other places.