Gratuity info needed.

Bazmaz14

Hi all

We are cruising on sapphire princess in December and are new to cruising, we are buying the AIBP but as we read through all these threads. I have a question if we pay theAIBP do we still have to pay gratuity. If we do then ,

Can we refuse to pay this and request we tip as we go along. All info about this is welcome

Hi all

We are cruising on sapphire princess in December and are new to cruising, we are buying the AIBP but as we read through all these threads. I have a question if we pay theAIBP do we still have to pay gratuity. If we do then ,

Can we refuse to pay this and request we tip as we go along. All info about this is welcome

The gratuity (15%) is added to the price at purchase. You can refuse to pay the gratuity and Princess will refuse to sell the package.

You can still add an extra tip as you go along.

Hi rocketman 275 I am looking on princess website and it is stating we have to pay both if we buy the AIBP which as the 15% added which is fine does that cover all staff.

Automatic gratuities and th gratuity in the Beverage package, or beverage purchases in general, are two separate things.

Beverage purchase gratuities are non-removable. They're added if you purchase a single drink, or if you buy the package. If you buy the package, the gratuity is charged in the price if the package, and no additional beverage gratuities are charged - unless you buy a drink that's not covered by the package. The gratuity charged on the package is - supposedly - split amongst the bartenders. You are , of course, welcome to tip any particular bartender extra of they went above and beyond.

Auto-gratuities that are split amongst crew, ie wait staff, housekeeping, erc and charged daily to account or paid in advance, can be removed or paid in advance, and are not related to the Beverage gratuity.

Hope that helps clear things up..

Hi rocketman 275 I am looking on princess website and it is stating we have to pay both if we buy the AIBP which as the 15% added which is fine does that cover all staff.

I believe the 15% auto gratuity is pooled to be shared by all bartenders and servers. If you wish to tip additionally to your server (or bartender), I think they get to keep that part for themselves.

Hi all

No. The 15% gratuity is included in the price of the AIBP. There are no options. It is just like when you purchase an individual drink on board. A 15% gratuity is added to the menu price. There is no opt out. Don't confuse the AIBP gratuity with the hotel charge. The Hotel charge is different and goes to housekeeping, dining and some others. The Hotel Charge does not go to the beverage staff.

The 15% gratuity added to the cost of the AIBP package is not optional. If you refuse to pay it, Princess will not sell you the package.

If you do not get AIBP, then you would pay for each drink when purchased. 15% will be added to the cost of each drink. This is also not optional.

There is no 15% added to each drink as there is when you don't have the package.

As stated it's paid for when you purchase the package.

It's ANY drink $10 and under. So the 15% would NOT be figured into the $10 price when ordering.

The amount of AIBP that will show on your stateroom account is a single amount, inclusive of gratuity. This gratuity will be shared among the bar staff. You can not remove this gratuity.

The amount of gratuity that will show on your stateroom account will be shared by waitstaff, stateroom stewards, buffet stewards, and housekeeping staff across the fleet. It will be a daily charge on your account. You have the option to modify, or remove, this onboard.