Reviews of Labadee's "Dragon's Tail Coaster"?

Dan Askin

I tried RCI's new Dragon's Tail Coaster on Labadee and it was ...  

279 members have voted

1. 1. I tried RCI's new Dragon's Tail Coaster on Labadee and it was ...

• Awesome, and definitely worth the $35 per ride
    • Pretty fun, but once was probably enough for me
    • Average at best, a balance of thrills and yawns
    • A rip-off, and definitely not worth the money
    • I didn't try it -- it looked way too scary
    • Haven't been back to Labadee yet, so no chance to test out the coaster
    • Other -- please post

$35 would be a real deal for an amusement park here in Florida.

Universal is $55 for a day for Florida Residents

Busch Gardens is $60 a day for Florida Residents

SeaWorld is $65

Disney is $71.10 :eek:

Yeah but for like $65 you get a year round pass to Busch Gardens and I think it's $90 for a year round pass to BG & Seaworld.

Once you've ridden SheiKra this thing will be a yawnfest...

I agree that the $35 for a single ride is high. But if you think this is high, check out the Jamacian bobsled ride in Ocho Rios. It's priced at $62 per person. That includes a 10 minute chair lift ride to the top and the bobsled coaster car ride and the chair lift back down. When we go to Labadee, we enjoy the beach and the jet skis which I will pay to use. NO zipline or coaster rides for us.

I would not ride it, but then again I would not do the zip line ride there either. Why is everyone saying NO to 35$ for this ride when they eagerly pay for the ONE zip line that lasts as briefly as this ride and it is even more, more than double!

Simple. A lot of people DO live within easy driving distance of a major theme park, so can pay $35-50 for an entire day of roller coaster rides at home. But most people DO NOT live near a place where they can experience a zip line thrill. So to do that on a cruise is a relatively unique experience for them, and they are more willing to pay to play on a zip line.

Not to mention spoiling a perfectly leisure beach day with the sounds of AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!! and WEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Kerrie:)

I'm with CruiseDreaming on this. And there should be an additional option on the poll: ' Haven't been back to Labadee yet, and do not plan to test out the coaster'... IMO private island days should just offer a relaxing day at the beach.

What a rip off, but, there are always some fools that part with their money easily,, and they ruin it for the rest of us.. if people refused to pay such an insane rate they would have to rethink the fee. NO way would I pay that for one ride,, and I would not pay for my kids to waste money like that either.. it doesn't even look like a good ride..

If the coaster ride on Labadee is actually $35 then RC is stooping as low as you can get looking for money. I've been told Labadee is also being divided into sections that certain passengers have access to and some don't.

Some would say this is a tiny little coaster is another thing that makes rccl

THE MOST INNOVATIVE CRUISE LINE IN THE WORLD.What's so innovative about downsizing something thats bigger and better elsewhere.The Oasis is filled with these silly little gadgets.RCCL seems to copy things.make them smaller and claim to be innovative.GEEEEZ.

:cj

Guess this was supposed to be a review of the ride and I opened the thread to read about it cause it seems kind of interesting. But I totally understand how it has veered off course.

Now I'm far from cheap and have no issues spending top dollar for fun things on vacation, but even I think $35 for 1 ride is totally out of line. :eek:

I would ride this thing cause I love coasters, but as others have said, you can get into many parks and ride for much as you want for that or close to it.

I know that excursions are expensive and often overpriced, but this is actually the most ridiculous I have seen. I think $15 or $20 would be more in line for single ride (and still be over priced:rolleyes:).

I'm actually rather disappointed in RCCL for this one. And as I said, I'm not a cheap sort as you can see from my selection of cabins my signature.

The funniest thing is that the poll has maybe 10 people that might have taken the ride, posting on it, and 64 people that think it is a ripoff but haven't been on it.....

This must tell us something about the people who post here.:eek:

In case you can't figure out what that is.... I am weak and will help you...

They have opinions about things that they know nothing about and they freely share them.:D

jc

The funniest thing is that the poll has maybe 10 people that might have taken the ride, posting on it, and 64 people that think it is a ripoff but haven't been on it.....

This must tell us something about the people who post here.:eek:

In case you can't figure out what that is.... I am weak and will help you...

They have opinions about things that they know nothing about and they freely share them.:D

jc

Maybe it means that from past experiences riding coasters that we don't think ANY of them would be worth $35.00 a clip including the one at Labadee.

Archived