"I wish I knew before..."

T&Dcruisers

Royal Caribbean oceanview at 38 per night is a steal.

The price has fallen in only the last few days.

Normal price drops are not so drastic and I have never seen Royal Caribbean at 38 per night for any round trip Cruise, not even for transatlantic Cruises

def before final payment check your pricing at least 3 or 4 times a day. recently X has been going crazy, i booked and then it went down and called the TA and said please reprice. he was shocked went down so much. they cannot know everything so its up to YOU to keep on top of your trip. its your money

• Like 1

def before final payment check your pricing at least 3 or 4 times a day. recently X has been going crazy, i booked and then it went down and called the TA and said please reprice. he was shocked went down so much. they cannot know everything so its up to YOU to keep on top of your trip. its your money
Kindly give us the full details of the original price and the price drop

16 minutes ago, drsel said:
1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

Kindly give us the full details of the original price and the price drop

when i first started researching it was 5275 with all 4 perks on the cruise site itself. TA price 4815. i wasnt ready to book. a new sale jacked up the price to 5795 on the cruise site for 4 perks. TA said 4940 3 perks.  when i was ready to put room on hold went up to 5050 3 perks.  then the sale went back up to 4 perks and his price was 5397 with 4 perks. but i had the 5050 3 perks held already. then i noticed the cruise site reduced the price to 5395 and i emailed him and he told me 5050 with 4 perks now for him. this is a lotta work to price daily and keep track of the cruise line pricing but as you can see it pays off

also ill monitor till final payment and get the benefit of that as well

turns out i also got lucky and one of the cabins that i snagged wasnt intended for public purchase so they called me and bumped me up to concierge class with larger angled balcony. that room on the celebrity site would be 1200 more than my balcony price i paid thru my TA so of course i accepted. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A haha - a coworker was in the navy. While skiing in the Alps, he took a wrong trail and wound up in Switzerland. With no passport! The navy wasn't too thrilled to have to send MP's to pick him up! 
Sorry - I was replying to a post about carrying a passport.

Edited by jj8
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My son's advice on cruising? Make friends! Of course, they are younger (obviously), more social, and like to drink. So the bar is a great place to meet people. But I suspect it's hard NOT to meet and socialize on a large ship. We've aged into rather private people. 
And I told my wife - Don't let me spend my time sitting on our balcony! 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 2:30 PM, Haboob said:

The compression bags we have are nylon with a zipper. Not the vacuum type. You squeeze the air out as you close them. My wife loves them.
I heartily recommend them for small electronics and cables, things you don't want to lose, pills, and... women's underwear! If your luggage gets hand inspected, you really don't want someone rooting through it. 
My replies aren't going where I expect them to go. Or will they be re-filed, in order?

Edited by jj8

8 hours ago, jj8 said:

My replies aren't going where I expect them to go. Or will they be re-filed, in order?

You have to quote the person you're replying to so we know which one you're talking to, and you have to type below the quote-box so your words are differentiated from the person you're replying to.  

Everything just lines up one after the other, so your replies are always at the end of the thread no matter what you're replying to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jj8 said:

So I was doing it right? Thanks. 

Use "quote" instead of "reply" and then make sure the cursor is below the quote box before you start typing.   (See how a couple posts above, your question looks like it was part of the person you quoted?  You were typing in the quote box, instead of in the area below it.)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drsel said:

Norwegian becomes cheaper than Costa!
Norwegian Jade now is the cheapest cruise available at 33 dollars a day from Singapore to Dubai on Feb 27th
Be careful about paying much more than 33 dollars a day

20 days at $545.  I wonder why 😷

54 minutes ago, drsel said:

Norwegian becomes cheaper than Costa!
Norwegian Jade now is the cheapest cruise available at 33 dollars a day from Singapore to Dubai on Feb 27th
Be careful about paying much more than 33 dollars a day

This isn't a "deal watch" thread...???

On 2/12/2020 at 12:19 AM, jj8 said:

My son's advice on cruising? Make friends! Of course, they are younger (obviously), more social, and like to drink. So the bar is a great place to meet people. But I suspect it's hard NOT to meet and socialize on a large ship. We've aged into rather private people. 
And I told my wife - Don't let me spend my time sitting on our balcony! 

It is fairly easy to meet others, but we often don't - even on large ships - unless we are seated with others at meals or attend meet and mingles.  We attend a lot of events (trivia, music, etc) but mostly keep to ourselves and that is respected if you prefer to stay private.  Nothing wrong with either making new friends or just enjoying each other 🙂 

5 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

It is fairly easy to meet others, but we often don't - even on large ships - unless we are seated with others at meals or attend meet and mingles.  We attend a lot of events (trivia, music, etc) but mostly keep to ourselves and that is respected if you prefer to stay private.  Nothing wrong with either making new friends or just enjoying each other 🙂 

We are people persons and love to meet people when we travel.....hearing about their countries etc. We are seniors so its not so much at a bar scene. One thing I can usually tell if the other couple are not into socialzing and very much respect their space.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sharonboudreau said:

We are people persons and love to meet people when we travel.....hearing about their countries etc. We are seniors so its not so much at a bar scene. One thing I can usually tell if the other couple are not into socialzing and very much respect their space.

I've seen plenty of seniors at the bars too🍻

I also enjoy meeting others, but our vacation is also about focusing on our marriage without the kids ❤️ I've noticed more people being reserved and tend to err on the side of respecting their space too. 

• Like 1

1. Buy a drinks package before you go. (Some on here claim they are a rip off but it makes life so much easier not having to worry about paying an extortioante bill on your last day)

2. Dont be like some on here and be gadget man. The ship has everything anyone could ever need. Even enough storage for clothes unless you have gone stupidly over thetop.

3. Sit back relaxy and enjoy, every minute. Dont fret about the other 999, 2099, 3999, cruisers on board. Some seem to spend their time being the behaviour police, even watching what you wear in the MDR.

4. Carefully choose excursions. The ship ones can be really expensive.

5. Unless its your thing, dont worry about formal nights. I find them ridiculous, and that most cruise ships now have realised how old fashioned and outdated they are.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 6:53 PM, brillohead said:

Jewel of the Seas is in Dubai, not Asia.  And the prices had dropped on those cruises long before this new coronavirus hit the news.

Dubai IS Asia.

There is no continent of Middle East.

On 1/30/2020 at 10:19 PM, drsel said:

Royal Caribbean oceanview at 38 per night is a steal.

The price has fallen in only the last few days.

Normal price drops are not so drastic and I have never seen Royal Caribbean at 38 per night for any round trip Cruise, not even for transatlantic Cruises

Cwell.Celebrity has gotten as low as $389 for a 14 day cruise.

41 minutes ago, canadjineh said:

Do tell! I might book the next one before I leave this weekend on my present one.

Celebrity cheapest 14 night Cruises are over $700 per person for an inside cabin, including port fees and taxes

Edited by drsel
  • Thanks 1