Crown Grill or Sabatini's?

Erinchita

Sailing on the Crown this week. My friend and I are celebrating our 30th birthdays and want to do one specialty restaurant, but cannot decide! So I'm throwing it out to you fine folks. If all things were equal, which one would you recommend?

I personally love the crown grill, can do without sabatinis......if you love steak the grill is for you....if you enjoy more of the land of pasta then try sabatinis....will admit sabatinis is an experience, to much food if you ask me though,

I find that Sabatini's is a unique experience but I just find that it is just too much food. I really enjoy Crown Grill. I love the lamb chops at Crown Grill and my dh loves the steak. I also enjoyed the desserts.

We have not done the Crown Grill, but tried Sabatini's on a recent Ruby cruise. We looked at both menus and Sabatini's really is unique. We were worried about having too much food, but found that by passing on some choices, we really enjoyed the samples of so many different servings. It is a beautiful room on the Ruby and it was a special event that took over two hours. I don't think you can go wrong with either restaurant.

My husband and I tried Sabatini's on our last cruise. The food was wonderful, but there was a lot. By the time the main course came around, I could barely eat it. I was so full and I had nibbled on each course. So if you try Sabatini's bring your appetite and pace yourself. Don't feel pressured to eat everything in front of you. We haven't tried the Crown Grill, so I couldn't give you my opinion on that. I'm sure it is just as good.

My husband and I tried Sabatini's on our last cruise. The food was wonderful, but there was a lot. By the time the main course came around, I could barely eat it. I was so full and I had nibbled on each course. So if you try Sabatini's bring your appetite and pace yourself. Don't feel pressured to eat everything in front of you. We haven't tried the Crown Grill, so I couldn't give you my opinion on that. I'm sure it is just as good.

My DW and I had to laugh when we read this. We have not eaten at Sabatini's yet. Plan to do so in January. We were in Rome a few years ago and ate at an Italian restaurant. After several courses we were full and began to wave the new plates away. There was a language problem and they thought we just did not like the food being offered and they would bring two new one to replace each place we waved off. By the end of the night we had plates of food stacked everywhere. On top of that, we don’t drink wine and when they brought the wine and we waved it off, they brought new bottles that the people at the table next to us said was more expensive each time trying to find a year that would please us. Before the night was over several tables around us had joined with us in laughing very loudly and uncontrollably. A great memory.

I plan to try the Grill when I go on the Crown because the Sterling Steakhouse on the Sun was great.

I may be in the minority, but I didn't like Sabitini's. I've had way better seafood/Italian food many other places. And, despite what I've read, they didn't serve us alot of food. They served lots of little tastes; just a bite or two of many different things, but the total amount of food wasn't alot. And there was alot of time in between courses where we just sat waiting. It made dinner last a long time. The the main course of scallops were muchy and underdone and the lobster tails were overdone and rubbery. I love the dining room food and think it was much better than Sabitini's - and no cover charge! JMHO.

Sabatini's. The service we had was above and beyond. It was a long night but that was part of the experience. We had more food than we could eat.

If you want a good steak then go to the grill. We found that was the only steak in our 2 weeks cruise that was worth eating.

We had the nicest dinner at the Crowne Grille in September. It was my birthday dinner and I couldn't have asked for a better one. The food was delicious, and the service was impeccable. We had a table next to the window and got to see the sunset. I can get pasta any time in the dining room but the steaks, veggies, and desserts are not served anywhere else but in the Grille. It was well worth the money. In fact, we promised our son we would treat the family when we go again in March.

I'm hoping we will do both next week ..HEY ERINCHITA SOON ON THE CROWN!!!!!!

I LOVED Sabatinis on the Grand >but go VERY hungry Go with a group ..it is really nice

Take your time .Go when you won;t be upset if you miss the show .

We stayed from 8 till 11;30 .We were with our whole table with mates who became great friends ...and still are!!!!.It was AWESOME Our waiter was our waitress 'hubby .She came to see us after her shift!!! We were very well treated .THe food and presentation were FABULOUS I'm sure you will love it ...but what is not to like on PRINCESS

I love it

See you on board!!!

Michele -remember black cap big red MICH

Crown Grill was fantastic for food and service (ate there twice on a 7 day cruise). Sabitini's menu for me is too large and has too much fish (not a fish person).

I don't think you can wrong either way, but I prefer the steak house atmosphere. If you want the best of both, do Adagio for after dinner drinks and dessert (Crown class only).

Enjoy either way!

I would choose not to go to Sabatinis again--probably been a dozen times--we travel with a couple that just loves it--can't figure out why--the last time--on the Crown--had to send the lobster or scallops or whatever the main course was back--strange tasting--as far as amount--I don't ever eat every bite on my plate--last time on the Crown we ate several times in the grill--wil be on the Crown again this January--probably hit the grilole again

Nancy:D

We did both on the Ruby in October. I loved the atmosphere in Sabatinis and I tried different foods that I don't usually. However, when I go to an Italian restaurant I would like LOTS of choices of pasta not fish. There was only two choices for pasta. My husband just wanted a bowl of spaghetti with mariana sauce, which they did get for him, but it wasn't on the menu.

I love the Crown Grill and would go back again and again. I love the steaks (yes they are better than the dining room steaks) and the desserts are to die for.

I'm not sure I'd go back to Sabatini's but will make the Crown Grill again.

Sailing on the Crown this week. My friend and I are celebrating our 30th birthdays and want to do one specialty restaurant, but cannot decide! So I'm throwing it out to you fine folks. If all things were equal, which one would you recommend?
Me and my wife have done both. Both are excellent. You have to remember that while dinning at Sabatini's you'll need somewhere between 2 1/2 to 3 hours to dine. More then enough time to enjoy a couple of bottles of wine with dinner.

Archived