Princess, while you are listening to Carolyn....

Love Boat Dream

I also have a request!

Please be a little more generous with the Meet and Greets! We appreciate the roped off areas and occasionally a visit from an officer (this summer on the CB, we had the Captain and PSD visit but on the KB last week, no one) We'd all appreciate a platter or 2 of appetizers (or even something simple like cheese and crackers) and maybe the drink of the day (or discounted drinks like you do in the Elite lounge)

I have been on 22 Princess cruises. Although I already appreciate your product, a lot of newcomers are getting off on the wrong foot from the first day because other cruise lines welcome groups like CC with a big party. And, it's hard to win back a cruiser if they start off unhappy!

Just MHO!

I also have a request!

Please be a little more generous with the Meet and Greets! We appreciate the roped off areas and occasionally a visit from an officer (this summer on the CB, we had the Captain and PSD visit but on the KB last week, no one) We'd all appreciate a platter or 2 of appetizers (or even something simple like cheese and crackers) and maybe the drink of the day (or discounted drinks like you do in the Elite lounge)

I have been on 22 Princess cruises. Although I already appreciate your product, a lot of newcomers are getting off on the wrong foot from the first day because other cruise lines welcome groups like CC with a big party. And, it's hard to win back a cruiser if they start off unhappy!

Just MHO!

If they did this for CC M&Gs, they would have to do it for every group that wanted to meet on board.

At least one other cruise line has a legal agreement with CC to sponsor the meetings.

If they did this for CC M&Gs, they would have to do it for every group that wanted to meet on board.

At least one other cruise line has a legal agreement with CC to sponsor the meetings.

Bill,

While were on our trans Pacific Star (SYD/LAX) last Nov we had our first CC get together scheduled and Richard Joseph our CD and the PSD attended bringing the apologies of Captain Ed Perrin, as he was indisposed.

Richard indicated that as there were so many of us on the voyage, Capt Perrin would like to hold a second get together. This was done and Princess provided little pastries, cookies etc (the kind from the Int'l Cafe) for our group (in excess of 100). He also brought with him the Staff Captain, Chief Engineering Officer, PSD and the Food Services Officer to interact and socialize with us all. The ship's officers spent almost an hour or so with us interacting on cruise issues.

I am convinced that these opportunities allow ship's departmental officers the opportunity to get feedback from frequent cruisers such as we CCers, and thus provide input to corporate on issues that they discern to be of importance to the cruising public.

Ciao for now!!!

... because other cruise lines welcome groups like CC with a big party.

No, that's not true - we have been on several RCI cruises and the Meet and Mingle was no more than lemonade and iced water, with an appearance by the assistant cruise director who held a draw for some trinkets. It wasn't a big party by any means.

Please do not assume that every group gets treated like royalty. It's simply not true.

No, that's not true - we have been on several RCI cruises and the Meet and Mingle was no more than lemonade and iced water, with an appearance by the assistant cruise director who held a draw for some trinkets. It wasn't a big party by any means.

Please do not assume that every group gets treated like royalty. It's simply not true.

That's interesting. I've heard so many times (including from fellow cruisers on my cruise last week) that RCCL "really knows how to treat passengers with their Meet and Mingle." I guess each ship is different.

I've heard that Richard Joseph does a great job with M&G but that is not the Princess norm.

caribill: how do you know that another cruiseline has a legal agreement with CC?

HAL is a cruise line that goes all out for the CCers and their M&G. Both the Westerdam and the Oosterdam had refreshments-coffee, soda, champagne, actually anything that you asked for, they brought out to you. Plus every officer that could get away at the time...

I agree the RCL was a bit of a disappointment on the Mariner and was exactly as descibed above..

I have not cruised on HAL but have on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and NCL. On RC we had a big group with snacks, juices and coffee. On NCL we had appetizers, champagne and other drinks if we preferred. On one NCL cruise we also had a goodbye gathering complete with appetizers, champagne and other drinks. On Celebrity this past November we had a choice of drinks and appetizers. We also had Senior Officers at the NCL and Celebrity. When I walked into the room for the Celebrity Meet & Greet I wasn't sure I was in the right place because of the drinks being served. On Princess last April we did have some Senior Officers, including the Captain, but were not served anything. They did have the bar open if we wanted to purchase anything.

Just wanted to post what I have experienced.

mprcruiser

That's interesting. I've heard so many times (including from fellow cruisers on my cruise last week) that RCCL "really knows how to treat passengers with their Meet and Mingle." I guess each ship is different.

I've heard that Richard Joseph does a great job with M&G but that is not the Princess norm.

caribill: how do you know that another cruiseline has a legal agreement with CC?

Not sure where I read it, but the following shows the close relationshoip between CC and a cruiseline

http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=32

Getting a free drink and a the odd canape would not entice me to cruise on a given cruise line, nor would it discourage me. I do not need to meet the officers, I just want them to do a great job of managing the hotel and the ships operations.

In November NCL Jewel treated us CC's like royalty at our M&G. We had coffee, tea, water, orange juice and several different things to eat like cookies. But what was really special is that the captain, all the senior officers, and the cruise director were all there.

On my Ruby Princess cruise in December us CC's were lucky to get a bartender at our M&G. I did manage to find the Cruise Director the night before and asked her if she would attend. She was very happy to and made the meet and greet. I think it would look good for Princess to do more for us CC's.

By the way, the Ruby Princess Cruise director told our group that Princess has a couple people that regularly reads the cruise critic Princess board. Hopefully they are reading this. ;)

By the way, the Ruby Princess Cruise director told our group that Princess has a couple people that regularly reads the cruise critic Princess board. Hopefully they are reading this.

It's more than a couple; however, they don't like to admit it. Management does pay attention to cruisecritic; however, they do whatever they think is most revenue producing.

It's called Business.

;);):eek:;);)

In our experience, Princess has done the least of the lines we've sailed on in terms of CC Meet & Greets. As I've posted on a couple of threads recently since our Emerald Princess cruise this past Oct., Princess totally dropped the ball for our CC group after months of e-mailing back and forth to make the arrangements with the ship's Event Coordinator. On the day of our meet and greet (to which we were told we had to bring our own snacks) there was no sign posted outside the meeting venue, no bartender present--therefore, nobody could purchase any drinks, and absolutely NO ONE from the cruise staff showed up. We found that the problem was with the Food & Beverage Dept. Several days later we received an apology, but the damage was done. A few first-time Princess cruisers mentioned to me when we left the M&G that they didn't think they'd be sailing with Princess again. Of course, this won't cause us to stop sailing with Princess (as a matter of fact we have paid for FCC's to use by 2013), but we were definitely left feeling disappointed.

In our experience' date=' Princess has done the least of the lines we've sailed on in terms of CC Meet & Greets. As I've posted on a couple of threads recently since our Emerald Princess cruise this past Oct., Princess totally dropped the ball for our CC group after months of e-mailing back and forth to make the arrangements with the ship's Event Coordinator. On the day of our meet and greet (to which we were told we had to bring our own snacks) there was no sign posted outside the meeting venue, no bartender present--therefore, nobody could purchase any drinks, and absolutely NO ONE from the cruise staff showed up. We found that the problem was with the Food & Beverage Dept. Several days later we received an apology, but the damage was done. A few first-time Princess cruisers mentioned to me when we left the M&G that they didn't think they'd be sailing with Princess again. Of course, this won't cause us to stop sailing with Princess (as a matter of fact we have paid for FCC's to use by 2013), but we were definitely left feeling disappointed.[/quote']

The first time cruisers said they would not sail Princess again because the M&G was a flop??

On all of my NCL cruises there has been a M&G with coffee, tea, juice, water, pastries and cookies. They have all of the food on the ship already and it really does not take much for them to set it up on a table and take it away when it is done.

It is definately a benefit to attend since most of the Senior Officers attend and take questions. They also give out their cards to us in case there is a problem onboard. On some ships they do offer a Bridge Tour to the CC Group, or a tour of the Villas at the end of the cruise. I have even heard of them treating the CC Group to Bowling on the ships that have it available.

It all just makes good business sense. We are all here on CC doing them a service (most of the time) by talking positively about their Ships and Employees. So, YES I agree Princess should be able to step it up a bit for the CC M&G.

I also remember reading here on CC about the agreement with RC (including Celebrity) with CC. In fact, I believe Laura or somebody else on the management level here had a thread about a year or so ago hinting that there was going to be a change (which many thought meant other cruiselines will also be agreeing to hold official MnG's), but never read anything more about that.

As others have said, ones on Princess are hit or miss, depending on whom the CD is (and whether the rep for your ship at Corporate allows you to bypass their system of charging you for them to set something up for your group). For my last roll call, I got the email of the CD from another roll call on another sailing of the same ship. He replied that he'll set up two MnG's. He apparently forgot the first one, and after I realized that and left a message for him, he set another one up. Someone on his staff brought a bottle of champagne that she poured for each of us. That was their whole involvement. Of course, we weren't a big group. And maybe that's another reason: that in the scheme of things, many roll calls don't really represent a big group. I'm guessing that of all the Princess customers, even at present, only a small percentage belong to CC.

I know I really shouldn't be writing this since it doesn't go with the popular theme of this thread--this is probably my 20th Princess cruise--I have never been hoping for a free drink and some snacks at a M&G--I guess my goal has been different--I really enjoy meeting other passengers and hearing about their lives and where they're from-- and good ideas for fun on the cruise--Sure--I wouldn't turn down free drinks or appetizers--but--I don't think you base a cruise or its staff on your M&G

One thing I've found is that after we're on the ship a couple of days is a nice time to invite CCers for a party--everyone brings something and then we invite CD etc--and you know what--more often than not they have room service show up with great appetizers and Champagne until no one wants more--

Nancy:D

In our experience' date=' Princess has done the least of the lines we've sailed on in terms of CC Meet & Greets. As I've posted on a couple of threads recently since our Emerald Princess cruise this past Oct., Princess totally dropped the ball for our CC group after months of e-mailing back and forth to make the arrangements with the ship's Event Coordinator. On the day of our meet and greet (to which we were told we had to bring our own snacks) there was no sign posted outside the meeting venue, no bartender present--therefore, nobody could purchase any drinks, and absolutely NO ONE from the cruise staff showed up.[/quote']

This sounds a lot like our experience. I contacted the correct person at corporate, and was told a M&G was set up at the Wheelhouse Bar at 11:00 on the first day. When we got there, the bar staff didn't know we were coming, and no one on board had received the message. I spoke with the CD and he set up another time when he could come, and again, no one at the Wheelhouse Bar knew we were coming. The CD didn't show up either, nor send any of his staff. :mad: However, the bar staff brought by coffee and snacks on their own after it was pointed out to them that we were listed in the Patter that day.

It is obviously down to the service on a particular ship - not necessarily the cruise LINE rules. We have had fabulous m&G on RCI ships not just lemonade and ice water but prixes,. presents and canapes with tea coffee squashes and etc. We also had members of staff 2 or 3 assisting the ice breaking process

I also hear of good Princess meetings with champagne presented by a member of staff so it depends I think on the ship and its Head of Catering etc.

This Sept. will be my first M & G with Princess (even tho sailed many times with them) We have done several M & M with RCCL. No wonder the Roll call boards with Princess is slow! IMHO, it seems to generate a lot of excitement for the upcoming cruise! Please Princess, vamp up the M & G ! Its great fun to chat with fellow cruises early on and then meet them in person. Any good hostess knows its all about the atmosphere at a party !

Please Princess, vamp up the M & G ! Its great fun to chat with fellow cruises early on and then meet them in person.

You can always organize something amongst yourselves. It shouldn't necessarily be up to the ship or the line - your roll call can plan something on their own, yes? Send out the word that on the second day (most likely a sea day anyway) you'll all meet in a particular place. Does anyone really need cheese and crackers? Come on. It's only an hour 'til you eat again. ;)

You can always organize something amongst yourselves. It shouldn't necessarily be up to the ship or the line - your roll call can plan something on their own, yes? Send out the word that on the second day (most likely a sea day anyway) you'll all meet in a particular place. Does anyone really need cheese and crackers? Come on. It's only an hour 'til you eat again. ;)
Hear, hear !

Princess has been nice enough to allow our Cruise Critic roll calls to have a special place to meet, and in every case on my cruises, has provided bar staff to help us make the party more pleasant. They, in turn, ask for a little advance planning from us - working with them on when, where, and how many people to expect.

I go to the Meet & Greet to meet the people in person who I've been sharing with online in our roll call.

I don't go because there are CD's or any other officer who will talk for a bit thanking us for cruising. if they are there, then that's nice.

I encourage others to buy a drink at the get together as this says "thanks" to Princess and the bar staff by our patronage.

We don't need free stuff, but if the cruise line wants to show their gratitude for our business, that's fine by me.

Archived