New Equinox CD?

ArtM

I read that Gary Walker got promoted from his CD spot on the Equinox.

Has anyone heard who has replaced him?

Art

HI Art,

Read this on another thread from someone onboard Equinox:

"Dru Pavlov takes over as Cruise Director from Gary."

Dru was the CD on Solstice when we sailed in September.

Mari

I just got back from a wonderful cruise on the Equinox. Dru Pavlov was CD and his wife Melanie was the future cruise consultant. The entertainment staff was fun and friendly. We especially enjoyed Matt who has a silly streak a mile wide.

Entertainment on the ship was very good. I thought the singers in the shows were among the best I've ever heard on a cruise ship- all four had very strong voices. The dancers were amazing, both in the standard dance numbers and especially in the circus routines in the Equinox Show.

I am going to post a full review soon, but I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Abba ~ Barbels is correct. Melanie is the future cruise consultant and possibly the busiest person on the ship. Although all of the crew is very hard working!

I agree with Barbels assessment of the the cruise staff (Matt was terrific) and the entertainers. I thought the overall entertainment (shows in the theater, lounge acts, etc) was the best of any cruise we've been on. All were very talented. Usually some are good, some are just OK. But this was generally overall very, very good. Didn't see all of the shows in the theater but what we did see were great. My review will be posted soon as well.

On our 4-night Equinox cruise, we only saw Gary when he introduced and ended the shows. Never anywhere else on the ship. The activities were barely minimal. On Solstice, we saw Dru constantly - he was involved, visible, and always open to having a chat or answer a question.

Abbafan ~ Yes, Dru will still be onboard for the TA in April. He's my favorite Celebrity CD. Runs a great crew, is responsive to guest requests and is a sincere guy. Have a great cruise!

That's good news! We liked Dru. I didn't know Melanie was the Social Hostess....she sold us our next cruise on the Equinox last Feb on the Solstice. She must do double duty! Very charming not to mention pretty. Looking forward to meeting them again.

Dancermom ~ you should be proud! Matt is one of the best cruise staff members we've encountered on a ship. :) In fact, I'd say this was the best overall cruise staff on any of our cruises. Let him know he is appreciated!

Oceangoer ~ Melanie isn't the social hostess (Celebrity doesn't have those any longer). As Abba mentioned, she is the future cruise consultant and she was swamped all cruise long last week.

Dancermom ~ you should be proud! Matt is one of the best cruise staff members we've encountered on a ship. :) In fact, I'd say this was the best overall cruise staff on any of our cruises. Let him know he is appreciated!

Oceangoer ~ Melanie isn't the social hostess (Celebrity doesn't have those any longer). As Abba mentioned, she is the future cruise consultant and she was swamped all cruise long last week.

I was aware of her 'cruise consulant' position as she sold us our upcoming cruise 2/26 on the Equinox; just surprised when another poster mentioned she was the social hostess. She would surely have been an awfully busy young lady to handle both positions. So....there's no longer a social hostess. Who performs these duties now? Perhaps the concierge personnel? Or is there no need.

I was aware of her 'cruise consulant' position as she sold us our upcoming cruise 2/26 on the Equinox; just surprised when another poster mentioned she was the social hostess. She would surely have been an awfully busy young lady to handle both positions. So....there's no longer a social hostess. Who performs these duties now? Perhaps the concierge personnel? Or is there no need.

Hi, the ship's all have a "Captain's Club Hostess". I am just off

SUMMIT and Tanushka was on board. I had previously met her on

Mercury. Lovely gal:)

There is another position called "Event Coordinator" so that might

be what the "social hostess" used to be...but the EC can be a guy or

a gal;)

USVI ~ St. John is my fav island of all. I have bunches of photos that take me back there on a daily basis ;)

Oceangoer ~ Celebrity changed the titles and responsibilities of some of the folks on board awhile ago. Still not exactly sure of the overall difference. On our Equinox cruise, the Capt Club hostess oversaw the individual Capt Club events, including the afternoon Elite lounge (which was in Sky for our cruise). She was in charge of the events held for Capt Club members and also helped Melanie with future cruise sales. They were very busy selling future cruises. The future cruise and Capt Club hostess share an office on the fifth deck, port side of the ship just before going out onto the promenade.

The Event Coordinator that Lois mentioned (Hi Lois) is primarily there for groups (there was a big one on our sailing) and things like weddings, vow renewals, etc. I've seen the Event Coordinator help with the Cruise Critic parties on some ships as well. I think the "group" and special services activities (like weddings) have grown considerable for Celebrity over the years.

Question for Host Anne,

Hi Anne,

Am happy you enjoyed the Equinox and am looking forward to my chance on 19 Mar. Do you happen to know when Jefferson is leaving? I am going to be so sad if he leaves before I cruise. Just think he is wonderful. Thanks

Anne

When we were on Equinox last week we met Dru Pavlov who will replace Gary Walker who will be Entertainment Director in Miami.

If Gary is the new entertainment director... does anyone know where the previous entertainment director has gone? I think his name was Emilo and was the CD on the millennium but he got promoted to ED

Thanks

Cruiseacecat ~ you're going to be sad. Jefferson left the day we embarked. He is on vacation and when he returns I believe he is going to Eclipse. The guitarist now is Justin Wade. Completely different from Jefferson but was talented as well. He did not play at the Oceanview Bar, though, at least now with an regularity. There was plenty of great talent onboard. Pool band, a cappella group, jazz quartet were all wonderful. If I ever finish my review, I'll provide more details.

Cruiseacecat ~ you're going to be sad. Jefferson left the day we embarked. He is on vacation and when he returns I believe he is going to Eclipse. The guitarist now is Justin Wade. Completely different from Jefferson but was talented as well. He did not play at the Oceanview Bar, though, at least now with an regularity. There was plenty of great talent onboard. Pool band, a cappella group, jazz quartet were all wonderful. If I ever finish my review, I'll provide more details.

Hi Anne,

Oh well, now I am going to have to schedule Eclipse also. :) I believe I have seen Justin, but really prefer Jefferson to any of the others I have seen.

Thanks for letting me know.:(

Anne

Question for Host Anne,

Hi Anne,

Am happy you enjoyed the Equinox and am looking forward to my chance on 19 Mar. Do you happen to know when Jefferson is leaving? I am going to be so sad if he leaves before I cruise. Just think he is wonderful. Thanks

Anne

Hi Anne,:) sorry to interrupt...but just wondering if you are still

going on SUMMIT in May?....it would be great to see you again!:D

Archived