New Cabin Catagories Coming on NCL

14ersco

As part of today's NCL web cast there was an announcement that when all 2011 sailings become available that there will be new cabin categories. The new categories will have two alpha to designate the cabin type and location.

First Number - Cabin Type

I = Inside

O = Outside

B = Balcony

M = Mini-Suite

S = Suite

Second Number - Cabin Location

The location; with mid-ship and highest deck the best or "A" and working down the alphabet.

So an "SA" would be a suite on the highest deck and mid-ship. Expect an "IZ" would be the lowest deck inside cabin all the way forward.

Booking Epic Mediterranean for summer 2011 on 1/27/10 and the other ships on 2/9/10.

Somebody posted this in detail a month or so ago. Only probem is they still have that STUPID mini-suite classification. There is nothing SUITE about that cabin and it only confuses people.

And the worst part of it is that the Epic, which originally had no category called a mini suite, will now have one! (if I remember the new scheme correctly)

Somebody posted this in detail a month or so ago. Only probem is they still have that STUPID mini-suite classification. There is nothing SUITE about that cabin and it only confuses people.

Have you ever thought that instead of ranting about the name "mini-suite" in an attempt to get NCL to change the name, that maybe....just maybe...the better alternative might be to instead get them to add a small package of amenities (mini-amenities) instead?

I mean, would you rather see a deluxe balcony with no amenities, or a mini-suite with some amenities?

GC.. I missed that posting a month ago or whenever it was, but I so agree that I am disappointed to see they will still be using mini-suite as a designation.

Have you ever thought that instead of ranting about the name "mini-suite" in an attempt to get NCL to change the name, that maybe....just maybe...the better alternative might be to instead get them to add a small package of amenities (mini-amenities) instead?

I mean, would you rather see a deluxe balcony with no amenities, or a mini-suite with some amenities?

I also agree that mini's should have some amenities.. and I mean more than just a bathtub.. LOL. Maybe not the full amenities of a suite? Who knows? But I just think it would be nice if they came with something that would make the inclusion of "suite" in the catagory name have some meaning.

This just helps them charge more for the more desireable locations. Similar to what Celebrity has recently done.

and Carnival just did it too, midship, and aft costs more on the same deck same cabin category (or it used to be the same category)

GC.. I missed that posting a month ago or whenever it was, but I so agree that I am disappointed to see they will still be using mini-suite as a designation.

I also agree that mini's should have some amenities.. and I mean more than just a bathtub.. LOL. Maybe not the full amenities of a suite? Who knows? But I just think it would be nice if they came with something that would make the inclusion of "suite" in the catagory name have some meaning.

I think they should cut the crap and call it what it is a deluxe balcony

I think they should cut the crap and call it what it is a deluxe balcony

Lol! OK, Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think!

You're right though. If you don't get suite perks, it should not be called a suite.

I am looking forward to the Spring release of the 2010-2011 sailing :) but not so much the pricing for the various locations.:(

At one time, the mini suites had concierge service, but that proved impractical (too many mini suites for the concierge to service).

I suggest giving the pillow mints back to the mini suites. Now there's an amenity.:rolleyes:

Like a midget butler?

I see no way in h e double L that any thing will get added to Mini-suite amenities. Just not going to happen.

And, I could care less if they added the mints. But the be honest, for $.42 a week, they could impress their customers with them.

As to concierge in mini-suite. That sounded nice, but having 100 rooms blast this person to then make a call on behalf of someone else, was rather silly in the first place. Way more efficient to just call the restaurant yourself.

It is a damn deluxe balcony. Get over it!

Do you mean the designation will be the highest floor level or size/quality level? there are multiple suite types on some floors so it couldn't just be by level of the ship. The description will still be the same but the code will change - no big deal in my opinion. We stay in an AB (and have looked at villa suites but couldn't justify $3000 extra just for the private pool) so it may be called something else but I'll find it!

I agree that it's better to call them deluxe balconies instead of mini-suite but it's not confusing at all since NCL are very clear about that the mini-suites don't get any suiteperks.

yep, why can't they just call them deluxe balcony cabins, that is what they are.

Nita

I had not seen the earlier post, but you are correct the future sailings of the Epic do have mini-suites.

Also by doing a mock booking for the fall of 2011 on the Epic out of Miami you can see some of the other cabin and price changes. The Aft balconies are now their own category and cost more than other balconies; same for mid-ship balconies. Plus NCL now charges a higher cabin price for insides that are nearest the kids club. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking at the Pearl for next summer. It looks to me like the AD and AE cabins will have the designation of aft mini-suites. They won't have any suite perks. Am I just reading it wrong? The future SF cabins are currently the AD & AE aft cabins. Yes? No? Huh??:confused:

I was looking at the Pearl for next summer. It looks to me like the AD and AE cabins will have the designation of aft mini-suites. They won't have any suite perks. Am I just reading it wrong? The future SF cabins are currently the AD & AE aft cabins. Yes? No? Huh??:confused:

AE becomes SF (Penthouse with Large Balcony)

AD becomes SE (Penthouse with Large Balcony)

Aft-facing mini-suites AF become M1, other mini-suites become MA and MB.

As part of today's NCL web cast there was an announcement that when all 2011 sailings become available that there will be new cabin categories. The new categories will have two alpha to designate the cabin type and location.

Although I book the majority of my cruises on NCL, I have booked one in October on Carnival because it was very cheap and goes to Baja, which none of the other cruiselines do. They have already used this new cabin categories. I was upgraded, but I am still on the same floor. The upgrade was from the back of the ship to the middle of the ship. I am sure the rooms are all the same size, but location is going to cost you more.

Archived