Best HAL Repositioning Cruise

LUV2CRUZalso

Hi All - Just getting back to the boards after a long absence...... getting the bug again!!!!

What is the best HAL Repositioning cruise to take. We are looking for ten to fifteen days...... WARM weather requirement

Cheers to All ----- Cruisinetta, you out there??

Denny & Karen :):)

Thanks Krazy and Essies..... we took a 15 day Celebrity cruise from FLL to San Francisco a few years ago. We really enjoyed it, but our love is still with HAL! It was in early May, I believe as the ship was getting ready for its' Alaska season.

Any specific opinions would be appreciated!

Cheers...... Denny & Karen :):)

For the last couple of years HAL has been starting their spring repositioning cruises to Alaska in April as they are now starting the Alaskan season early. Nearly all those repositioning cruises stop at San Diego now if you want to get off there.

Then in the fall those ships leave Alaska late in September from either Vancouver or Seattle and stop at San Diego. Some people get on in San Diego while others get on to go over to either Tampa or Florida.

HAL started doing a repositioning cruise plus Alaska last year. At least that is the first time I have noticed it and I have been looking as I enjoy sailing out of San Diego. We did 11 days San Diego plus inside passage of Alaska.

This year the Zuiderdam is doing 11 days SD plus inside passage on May 4th.

Good question Love2cruise_also,

My last repositionning cruise was from Vancouver to Kobe last sept/october (17 days). At that time we had very rough seas all the way on the Pacific. I remember the lady who sang «Don't cry for me Argentina» while the insruments on the scene moving left to right..! Also we avoid the typhoon Melor and have to cancel Tokyo..!

Belive it or not I choose to return on the Volendam for a kind of repo I think or a pre repo from Singapore to Kobe april 2011 (18 days). After that the Volendam return in Alaska for the summer.

There multiple choises. Difficult to choose. Have a good decision !

Holacanada

Boarding Passion in 6 days for a Harbour stay of 2 weeks in Florida.

The best HAL repositioning cruise does not meet your parameters. It is a 20 night cruise on the Westerdam departing April 14, 2010 from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida for Funchal, Madeira; Cadiz (Seville), Spain; Almeria, Spain; Ajaccio, Corsica; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Naples, Italy; Messina, Sicily; Sarande, Albania; Split, Croatia; Venice, Italy. I do not remember seeing a mass market cruise to Albania.

The second best HAL cruise is from Ft. Lauderdale to Amsterdam via Horta, Azores; Ponta Delgada, Azores; Cadiz (Seville), Spain; Portimao, Portugal; Lisbon, Portugal; La Coruna, Spain; Bilbao, Spain; Falmouth, Cornwall, England; Le Havre (Paris), France; Dover (London), England; on the Prinsendam departing May 17, 2010 (21 nights).

The 30 night Westerdam fall crossing is third, departing from Piraeus (Athens), Greece, October 13, 2010 for stops in Katakolon (Olympia), Greece; Venice, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Kotor, Montenegro; Corfu, Greece; Valletta, Malta; Trapani, Sicily; Naples, Italy; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Barcelona, Spain; Cartagena, Spain; Malaga, Spain; Cadiz (Seville), Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Funchal, Madeira; Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

This does not meet your criteria, but they do a LA/Seattle to Aukland/Sydney repositioning cruise in the fall, great trip, but you need a month. I am doing a Rio to NYC repositioning cruise in two weeks, but again too long for you. They also have one from NYC to Santiago in the October, again too long for you.

The best HAL repositioning cruise does not meet your parameters. It is a 20 night cruise on the Westerdam departing April 14, 2010 from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida for Funchal, Madeira; Cadiz (Seville), Spain; Almeria, Spain; Ajaccio, Corsica; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Naples, Italy; Messina, Sicily; Sarande, Albania; Split, Croatia; Venice, Italy. I do not remember seeing a mass market cruise to Albania.

The second best HAL cruise is from Ft. Lauderdale to Amsterdam via Horta, Azores; Ponta Delgada, Azores; Cadiz (Seville), Spain; Portimao, Portugal; Lisbon, Portugal; La Coruna, Spain; Bilbao, Spain; Falmouth, Cornwall, England; Le Havre (Paris), France; Dover (London), England; on the Prinsendam departing May 17, 2010 (21 nights).

The 30 night Westerdam fall crossing is third, departing from Piraeus (Athens), Greece, October 13, 2010 for stops in Katakolon (Olympia), Greece; Venice, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Kotor, Montenegro; Corfu, Greece; Valletta, Malta; Trapani, Sicily; Naples, Italy; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Barcelona, Spain; Cartagena, Spain; Malaga, Spain; Cadiz (Seville), Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Funchal, Madeira; Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Please don't forget the 20 nighter from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale on Oct. 18th 2010, southern route with ports in the western Med. on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

We're doing a 10 day Sea of Cortez with an attached 4 days repo cruise up to Vancouver, BC, on April 24th. Should be a warm trip except for going up the coast. It could be a little chilly as you get closer up to Vancouver, but you never know. Look how warm it is up in Vancouver now for the Winter Games.

We're doing a 20/23 day repo on the Veendam from NY and Ft. L through the Canal to Chile, and are really looking forward to the variety of ports (yes, HMC is included). Just to make our packing REALLY difficult, we're meeting our daughter at Valparaiso and continuing around to Buenos Aires. Sun hats and flip flops; parkas and hiking boots!

We are doing a 6 day repo in Apirl on HAL Zaandam, from San Diego to Vancouver. Stops in Catalina, Astoria (OR) and Victoria. Quite an unusual repo for the west coast being 6 days. Best part is the fantastic prices they had on Deluxe Suites!.

DaveOKC

We are doing a 6 day repo in Apirl on HAL Zaandam, from San Diego to Vancouver. Stops in Catalina, Astoria (OR) and Victoria. Quite an unusual repo for the west coast being 6 days. Best part is the fantastic prices they had on Deluxe Suites!.

DaveOKC

I like Astoria. I can't go there without wanting to re-enact seens from Goonies!

I've done the Ryndam from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego. Was fifteen days, and definitely warm. Very warm!

I've also done the Maasdam from fort Lauderdale to Montreal in May and from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale in October. Great cruises but on the cool side for the most part. With Magradome over lido pool, not a problem.

Our best repo. cruise was 23 nights................boarded the O in Seattle, went up to Vancouver, then south to Mexico, then Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala and through the canal...........after that we went to MANY Caribbean Islands and Half Moon Cay. I'm sad to say it looks as if they don't go to all those islands any longer...............it's pretty straight over to Ft. L after the canal so it's shorter.

Fall in the NW is very warm and it was a magnificent cruise.........quite hot in Mexico and on the rest of the cruise. We left at the very end of Sept. and got home Oct. 17th, I think.

I'm looking to do that again this fall but am sad so many islands are not still included:(...........oh, Curacao............I want to return.

I did one in 1998 from FLL to Vancouver on the old Westerdam. i enjoyed it very much. Right now I cannot get away at the correct times but I would go in a heart beat if I could. As I say, I did mine on the old Westerdam II (Orignally the Homeric.) It was probably my least favorite ship and yet is was a cruise I will always remember fondly.

• 6 months later...

Last year we did both of the MS Maasdam repo cruises from Fort Lauderdale to Montreal in May. Loved that one so much we did the return repo from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale in October. By doing both we booked round trip airline ticket which brought the air cost down.

HAL's repositiong cruises are pretty run-of-the-mill.

if you want something really interesting, take a look at costa. i've done 2 repos with them. 1st was dubai to savona. 2nd was shanghai to singapore. both were the length you are looking for and both were hot weather.

We did the 19-day repositioning cruise through the Panama Canal on the Oosterdam last November 3rd - leaving out of FLL and ending in San Diego. It is in our top 3 cruises ever, and we are considering doing it again in 2011. Beautiful warm weather, great itinerary and a fabulous ship! What more could we ask for? :D :)

Archived