Future Cruise Credit Clarification

asctony

We had to get two FCCs refunded last year as we were up against the expiration date. This can happen easily when you use an FCC to book a cruise, use later FCCs to book cruises further out in the future, and then end up cancelling the earlier cruise. The end result is that FCCs with later expiration dates get used before those with earlier expiration dates.

I keep a file with all our FCC numbers and expiration dates. Yes, this information exists in our Captains Circle account, but it doesn't exist online for RC and Celebrity, and I like keeping them all together in one place.

On my Dec. cruise, I bought two FCCs. I was able to use both for our July cruise. One for me and one for my mom. My mom doesn't get OBC, but I get the OBC. Guess I will need to buy a couple of FCCs in July. :)

If you used both FCCs (one for you, one for mom), then why didn't your mom get an OBC? That doesn't make sense. Are you saying you used 1 FCC for the both of you instead of using 2? :confused:

If you used both FCCs (one for you, one for mom), then why didn't your mom get an OBC? That doesn't make sense. Are you saying you used 1 FCC for the both of you instead of using 2? :confused:

I suspect both FCC's were in her name. They accepted the second one as a $100 deposit, but would not give the OBC per the guidelines.

On my Dec. cruise, I bought two FCCs. I was able to use both for our July cruise. One for me and one for my mom. My mom doesn't get OBC, but I get the OBC. Guess I will need to buy a couple of FCCs in July. :)

That's why I questioned her because in her post above, it was not clear. Now that I re-read it, I think you're right. She must've gotten them both in her name.

I know it's a bummer not being able to use them for 2 passengers when you have 2 of them. :(

That's why I questioned her because in her post above, it was not clear. Now that I re-read it, I think you're right. She must've gotten them both in her name.

I know it's a bummer not being able to use them for 2 passengers when you have 2 of them. :(

With the new rules, each person has to have an FCC in their name. If you don't always cruise with the same person it can be a hassle. DW & I always sail together, so it does not affect us.

FYI: Just talked to Princess Cruise Lines and they told me that Princess should have used the oldest FCC first. They checked their system and found that they applied a FCC that would have run out in 2012. So, they are going to reapply the 2011 to that previous cruise and allow me to use the 2012 for the up coming cruise.

Princess does agree that the verbiage is not clear. That is why they are constantly changing the text in the FCC letters.

On my FCC letter it states: 'This offer applies to the first two passengers in stateroom only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers. Passengers with single occupancy will receive a single person portion.'

Now why don't they just apply this one which is 30 days short of our cruise in 2011 rather than going back and re-applying an FCC that was used? Would have been much simplier than what they are doing now.

FYI: Just talked to Princess Cruise Lines and they told me that Princess should have used the oldest FCC first. They checked their system and found that they applied a FCC that would have run out in 2012. So, they are going to reapply the 2011 to that previous cruise and allow me to use the 2012 for the up coming cruise.

Princess does agree that the verbiage is not clear. That is why they are constantly changing the text in the FCC letters.

On my FCC letter it states: 'This offer applies to the first two passengers in stateroom only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers. Passengers with single occupancy will receive a single person portion.'

Now why don't they just apply this one which is 30 days short of our cruise in 2011 rather than going back and re-applying an FCC that was used? Would have been much simplier than what they are doing now.

Glad they took care of this for you. I am not who never specifies which one they are using and assume they are grabbing the oldest one. Though I have had them grab all of them and had to call them back and say "I just wanted to use ONE".

Glad it all worked out. There is no reason if you have bought one every year, that you should not have a current one to use.

Just received a call from my TA who confirmed that we can use the FCC and that we are booked. Can't complain about Princess' Customer Service. They helped me out. The only concern I have is why didn't they alow it to begin with? It does pay to question some decisions. Happy Cruising!

• 3 months later...

My DW and I each have an FCC. I booked a short 3 day cruise for the two of us in September and the online booking system never gave me an option to use these FCC's as a deposit. Soon I will have to make final payment and I noticed there is still no online option for using the FCC's. Am I missing something or should I just call Proncess and asked that these FCC's be used so we can get the OBC?

Call teh online agent. Maybe you can cancel and then rebook using the Fcc. Good Luck.

I know this will maybe cause problems again but a reason for booking direct with Princess unless you are lucky enought to find a good online agent qwhch is very difficult

My DW and I each have an FCC. I booked a short 3 day cruise for the two of us in September and the online booking system never gave me an option to use these FCC's as a deposit. Soon I will have to make final payment and I noticed there is still no online option for using the FCC's. Am I missing something or should I just call Proncess and asked that these FCC's be used so we can get the OBC?

IMO - there is no reason to use this on a 3 day cruise as there is no OBC on cruises less than 7 days.

Are you able to use a FCC after you have already booked a cruise? I have a 16 day Asia cruise booked for March 2012 and booked it on the one day sale deal, so got the deposit for $100 pp.

What i would like to do is purchase a FCC this January while on my cruise and apply it to my Asia cruise so I will get $300 OBC total for my husband and myself. Is this possible? or does it absolutely have to be used at time of booking??

Just wondering. Don't think UK residents can book on board, we simply get a letter from the Future Cruises desk which gives a reference number to quote when we book our next cruise after returning home. This entitles us to pay the reduced deposit + receive on board credit. We don't have to pay anything until we book. Don't you have a similar system or do you actually book your cruise when on board? Does refer to only valid for 4 years.

Reading other threads it looks as if we operate in two entirely different worlds when it comes to booking a cruise. In the UK we usually pay for the whole package, flights, transfers, cruise, etc. everything included even taking care of you until flight time on the way home. We usually have flights after 7.00 pm. In the case of next year on the Diamond Princess, our flight isn't until after midnight!!!

Gillian

Just to clarify, is there a difference between a Future Cruise Credit and Future Cruise Deposit? I know the FCDs are valid in the US as a full deposit on an upcoming cruise within 4 years and offer OBC. Is an FCC the same thing?

Just to clarify, is there a difference between a Future Cruise Credit and Future Cruise Deposit? I know the FCDs are valid in the US as a full deposit on an upcoming cruise within 4 years and offer OBC. Is an FCC the same thing?

Yes, they are the same

I've always provided the number of the FCC to the travel agent that I'd like to use, I wouldn't expect Princess or the TA to do anything automatically. What I would like them to change is their online booking to accept FCCs rather than having to put in a credit card for the deposit.

Exactly, I email my TA telling her to book XYZ cruise, with xyz cabin #, XYZ dining at a XYZ sized table using XYZ cruise credit #. Its really pretty simple! When you start assuming things for your booking your almost always going to be upset.

Just wondering. Don't think UK residents can book on board, we simply get a letter from the Future Cruises desk which gives a reference number to quote when we book our next cruise after returning home. This entitles us to pay the reduced deposit + receive on board credit. We don't have to pay anything until we book. Don't you have a similar system or do you actually book your cruise when on board? Does refer to only valid for 4 years.

Gillian

USA and Canadian residents can either book onboard or just pay for the FCC's and book whenever they want during the next four years.

I would think that UK residents could book onboard if they wished.

USA and Canadian residents can either book onboard or just pay for the FCC's and book whenever they want during the next four years.

I would think that UK residents could book onboard if they wished.

Not necessarily. This is even a little more complicated. I am not a US resident, but I am a US citizen living abroad (not anywhere in the Commonwealth) with no USA address. On our cruise last December, we went down to book another. The FCC thought we couldn't book, but that she would try it to see if it would be accepted. The booking went through fine! We also purchased FCCs which we later used with a US TA to book yet another.

The moral: try it! You never can tell in advance. The rules might even change from time to time.

Shalom, Andy.

Hello

We had a future cruise credit following the "events" or rather non-events on the Crown Princess Transatlantic cruise last September. This automatically showed up when our TA quoted our Captains Circle Number. The letter we received is really a promisory note that, when we booked our next cruise, we would have to pay a very low deposit (think total of £150 or about $100 for the 2 of us) rather than the normal 10%. It also entitled us to onboard credit which depended on the number of nights onboard. For our next cruise this was $300.

When we enquired last year on the Crown we weren't about to book the Diamond for 2011. Will try again when we next cruise to see if same answer or, if not, why not. There does seem to be two systems for booking cruises depending on where you live. Not worked out yet who has the better deal. Must admit, depending on where the cruise starts, the transfers are great, especially if there is a problem with the flight. If Princess booked it for you, they are responsible for you!!!

Gillian

• 5 months later...

Can a FCC be used when a cruise is booked after final payment is required in order to get the OBC? It is called a Future Cruise Deposit and it the document itself does not say that it cannot be used when making a full payment.

Thank you.

Archived