D+ using D Lounge

Found on the liberty last month they sending d+ to diamond lounge to leave more room in cl for the guest in the jr's,grand's,owners, and royal's.

Well,those in Jrs didnt belong to begin with..

Reading threads like these really make me desire the ability to purchase a bottle and have it delivered to our cabin. A drink on the balcony before dinner with company you really want to be with is fantastic.

We've only been to the D lounge on 2 ships, Radiance and Mariner. Both times there were maybe 3/4 other people in them. Is it because we have late seating and don't show up until 7:30 or so?

If we showed up and there was a crowd with no seating, we'd turn around and go to another venue. It's just not that important to use to save 25% on a drink. However, the entitled class can be humorous....it's so 8th grade.

D+ can use either...........D can only use the D lounge..

This is correct.

the "attitude" that was shown on the cruise I was just on was down right rude....when we went up to the diamond lounge - it was soooo crowded, granted - a lot of diamond and diamond + - but...the folks sitting at the tables were so rude - openly - to the hostess - calling to her when she was trying to make drinks for others - so that she would have to come to their table nd serve them....heaven forbid they get up and get in line with the folks that were in line for a drink. So the hostess is running around trying to keep everyone happy......

we found that this happened 2 of the nights we went there - and it was "self serving" of these folks to feel they were so "entitled.

It may have been this particular sailing, as there have been many comments about this re: Indy - middle of March sailing - on several threads. there was a lot of "entitlement" going on....

We were on the 3/6 and 3/14 sailing and this wasn't true at all, so maybe it was on the 3/20 sailing?

While I, too, would wonder for the reasoning of D+ cruisers using an overcrowded D lounge when they also have access to the CL, I am sure each person could freely make their own decision as to where they want to spend their time and I don't have a problem with that at all.

It is my understanding that, just as Diamond level C&A members get the benefits afforded to them as Diamond in addition to all the benefits afforded to the Platinum level and Gold level, those C&A members at the D+ level get the same benefits as those at D, P and G levels.

Wouldn't that mean that, since the D lounge is a benefit at the D C&A level, D+ members have access to both lounges, for them to choose which one they want to use at any given time?

It would seem to make sense to me but maybe that's not the case.

Happy sailing,

Here is why: The view and the Concierge Roxana was MUCH better than the Concierge Daniel in the CL!

we were feeling for her - she was running, and thee was no excuse from these folks! they just kept asking and asking...... yea, not pretty....w e actually only went those 2 times.....because of the attitude - and we were not a "regular" - as the other d and d+ members noticed...so there was not a welcoming feeling...when we have been on other cruises before - the lounges were always a great place for conversation, fun, sharing of fun times, etc..... not so on this particular cruise..... I'm backing you up "Ashland" - not a great experience.

it would have been wonderful to have Oliver & Twist be the overflow..... wouldn't that have solved so many over crowding issues!

What sailing were you on?

I would prefer the D lounge over the CL.......can't beat the view...........much better than 4 walls.........

I will agree with you on this one. The DL is much nicer for an evening drink.

We were originally booked on the Indy for the 20th as part of a B2B. Had to change and opted for the Mariner on the 14th. Looks like it worked for the better as far as the lounge goes, only 16 D+ on our sailing and the lounge was never crowded.

Personally, I think too much attention is made about the negatives that can be experienced in the CL or DL. In general, they are a GREAT perk. I’ve been in both where there were crowds during happy hour and I’ve also experienced relaxed un-crowded times there. Each cruise and ship is different and what you’ve been reading are individual experiences but these do not take place at all times on all ships.

As far as socializing and the perception of cliques, don’t be afraid to introduce yourselves. When you sail often you often see people over and over again and it’s a great conversation starter to smile, introduce yourself and to recall which ship you saw these people on last. Start forming your own relationships.

You may see an occasional blowhard but I’m not aware of generalized entitlement. Only a true idiot would sit in a room full of their peers and display claim to privilege. Just think of those bozos as you would any other bozo you meet in the real world and ignore them.

How right you are! We have been in the lounge when it was standing room only and also when there were hardly any people in it. It's really a hit or miss.

Once I walked into the CL on Radiance and noticed a woman sitting with her husband looking at me so I smiled at them and said hello. The next evening they came into the CL after us and sat down with us. We had a wonderful cruise together and we email each other to this day. I am very social and I would just hate to just sit there and not talk to anyone.

The people that I notice to have an entitlement attitude are the minority of the people that we see and meet. Our last Navigator cruise, an older couple skipped the Muster Drill hiding in their cabin and as we passed them in the hallway they were just coming out (their inside cabin) while we were heading to our cabin. Low and behold when we arrived to the CL at 4:50, they were already there sitting making demands.:D Their room Stewart also told us they just handed him a list a page long of things they want or problems with their cabin. He said they just handed it to him and said "Here, this is for you" and walked off. There seems to be all kinds of people!

We ignored them!;)

Thanks Tracysue..for backing me up on this one..It was unbelieveable, and those that "can't" or don't want to understand it weren't there to see it for themselves as many of us that have spoken up were.....:eek:

...wow...as a lowly Platinum member; I guess I'll go to the general bars on Indy and pay for it myself; and avoid the "entitlement" cattle call. Hey, if I were D/Dplus I'd be there as well...but it sounds like RCCL created a 'monster' of sorts.....

Mitch

Can't believe all the complaining and negativity here. We've enjoyed the DL and recently, the Diamond "event," and both have been excellent.

Sure, it may be crowded for a while but so what? People eventually leave. We have especially found the servers in the lounges to be excpetional.

Seems to me, the problems are more the exception than the norm and I appreciate these perks that RCCL provides.

Can't believe all the complaining and negativity here. We've enjoyed the DL and recently, the Diamond "event," and both have been excellent.

Sure, it may be crowded for a while but so what? People eventually leave. We have especially found the servers in the lounges to be excpetional.

Seems to me, the problems are more the exception than the norm and I appreciate these perks that RCCL provides.

Yeppers. For sure.

We were on the Indy for two weeks -Mar 14 and Mar 20. The lounge was not crowded the first week. On the Mar 14 cruise when we went to the lounge we were served at our table - much as you would at any fine restaurant. The second week there were many more people. The poor bar staff had their hands full. We ordered our drinks one evening and then the cattle came in and formed their line for drinks such as you might fine in a local low class bar.

These people were demanding and prevented the staff from filling the orders that they had taken. As for Roxanna - she was fantastic. How wonderful that she made a speciality drink for my husband on St. Patrick's Day. I hear that she was nominated for employee of the month and I sincerely hope that she was selected. We did a member cruise on the Freedom once, and you can imagine the crowd. One of the ways that it was handled was to have wine poured when people entered. If this is what you wanted, you helped yourself. It helped to eliminate the wait for everyone. As for D+ using the DL, The Concierge in the CL told us the only way we could get ice skating tickets was to go to the DL. Maybe he was part of the problem in sending people there.

I think the problems with the DL are caused by those who get there early, stay the entire time, and then either don't go to dinner or find their way to the Windjammer. If everyone just had a couple of drinks and moved on, it wouldn't be a problem.

By the time the lounge is going full swing, those who are already drunk, get more boisterous, because they are "entitled" and are rude to anyone/everyone. I say this as a Diamond Plus member. I do choose to use this lounge when traveling with family, as they are Diamond, not Plus.

What lounge is available for diamond members on the Radiance?

Thank you.

There is only a Concierge lounge on Radiance class ships, but I believe they make one of the other lounges/bars available for Diamond C&A members.

I haven't been on a Radiance class ship since they made the CL unavailable to Diamond members. Perhaps someone who has can confirm or deny my understanding.

There is only a Concierge lounge on Radiance class ships, but I believe they make one of the other lounges/bars available for Diamond C&A members.

I haven't been on a Radiance class ship since they made the CL unavailable to Diamond members. Perhaps someone who has can confirm or deny my understanding.

On the Jewel in January the Cigar Bar (forgot the name) in the Viking Crown was used for the Diamond evening events.

What lounge is available for diamond members on the Radiance?

Thank you.

There is a Diamond Event held in the Hollywood Odyssey (the same as on Jewel). Although it's the cigar bar, they air it out well and I don't think that smoking is allowed during the cocktail hour.

For breakfast, in November, they were serving D/D+ a full breakfast (with specialty coffees!) in the Tides or Breakers dining room (one of the smaller rooms off the main dining room). I heard that they moved it to Portofino, but recently heard that they've gone or are going back to the small dining room.

Does anyone have any insight into the possibility that RC may change the number of cruise credits for the CL? I have heard that it is on the drawing board.

You mean for Diamond+?

I think it would be safe to assume that RCCL is always reviewing its Crown & Anchor policies. That's why I'm anxious to reach the level before they raise the bar.

You mean for Diamond+?

I think it would be safe to assume that RCCL is always reviewing its Crown & Anchor policies. That's why I'm anxious to reach the level before they raise the bar.

So I take it you are asssuming there will be gandfathering involved? I guess I am not ready to make that assumption. They had no problem cutting off the Diamonds, no grandfathering at all, even if a cruiser had 20-23 credits, they lost access to the CL.

I do believe if they change the number of credits needed to attain a certain level, they will also change the giving a credit for 3 & 4 night sailings. And I believe it will be retroactive. People with 40 credits earned the easy way may see their credits halved or worse.

If all the sudden people with 40 cruise credits who earned all those credits from 7 night or more sailings and have been Diamond plus for years are relegated to Diamond again and people with 50 or more credits earned by 3 night cruises in a JS retain their D+ staus, all heck may break loose.

Just think, the new rules could be 50 credits for Diamond plus, no grandfathering. Sit back and watch the cat fight. Me? I am still a lowly Diamond with no real aspirations for anything else. We Diamonds already went through our pain, we expect nothing now.

Now the current Diamond plus people? Well they may be in for a rude awakening.

Taking our first cruise as a diamond member on LOS, if it is cramped in the DL so what. For the perks, we will stand and wait our turn. When we use to go the CL because we stayed in a suite we got the same treatment form D or D+ because we were gold members. Who cares. My money is just as good as theirs. Stop complaining or they will take it away altogether.

I would prefer the D lounge over the CL.......can't beat the view...........much better than 4 walls.........

Actually on the Oasis they got it right with both lounges. The CL is is two decks and overlooks the Boardwalk and out beyond and the Diamond lounge has a balcony that overlooks the Royal Promenade. Of course, I don't have to tell you about the Oasis, you know.;):)

Does anyone have any insight into the possibility that RC may change the number of cruise credits for the CL? I have heard that it is on the drawing board.

So I take it you are asssuming there will be gandfathering involved? I guess I am not ready to make that assumption. They had no problem cutting off the Diamonds, no grandfathering at all, even if a cruiser had 20-23 credits, they lost access to the CL.

I do believe if they change the number of credits needed to attain a certain level, they will also change the giving a credit for 3 & 4 night sailings. And I believe it will be retroactive. People with 40 credits earned the easy way may see their credits halved or worse.

If all the sudden people with 40 cruise credits who earned all those credits from 7 night or more sailings and have been Diamond plus for years are relegated to Diamond again and people with 50 or more credits earned by 3 night cruises in a JS retain their D+ staus, all heck may break loose.

Just think, the new rules could be 50 credits for Diamond plus, no grandfathering. Sit back and watch the cat fight. Me? I am still a lowly Diamond with no real aspirations for anything else. We Diamonds already went through our pain, we expect nothing now.

Now the current Diamond plus people? Well they may be in for a rude awakening.

There are all kinds of rumors out there and they are just that. Why doesn't everyone just chill and enjoy what they have now and quit the speculating as it's doing no one any good. :)

So I take it you are asssuming there will be gandfathering involved? .

In this case. yes.

When they took away the CL from Diamond members, they were taking away a privilege. In this case, they would be taking away a status.

Once you attain Diamond+, I don't see how they could demote you back to Diamond.

In this case. yes.

When they took away the CL from Diamond members, they were taking away a privilege. In this case, they would be taking away a status.

Once you attain Diamond+, I don't see how they could demote you back to Diamond.

They could drop the entire system. Make gold, platinum, diamond, and diamond plus a thing of the passed and create an enitrely new system.

If the lounges are crowded already-and they are-grandfathering is what they most probably are not even thing about. It would not solve anything. For the folks that are abusing the privlege and setting up camp drinking profits away-again-grandfathering them in is what they do not want.

Trust me-corporations can be very creative.

Archived