"upgrade fairy called"- I declined , did I do the right thing??

rothjer

Hi There

We are booked in 6145 on summit, we recieved a call today from X regarding an upgrade to a Celebrity Suite. I hardly consider this an upgrade in terms of the fact that there is no balcony. I am aware the size of the room is a big plus, however, on a southern carribean route I would like to stick to my balcony, please! The booking agent seemed a little shocked by my decline. I told her I would gladly switch to a Royal Suite if they were really in a crunch to get rid of me. :p Other than that, I am confident that my room choice is still the best according my needs. What say you ?

Hi There

We are booked in 6145 on summit, we recieved a call today from X regarding an upgrade to a Celebrity Suite. I hardly consider this an upgrade in terms of the fact that there is no balcony. I am aware the size of the room is a big plus, however, on a southern carribean route I would like to stick to my balcony, please! The booking agent seemed a little shocked by my decline. I told her I would gladly switch to a Royal Suite if they were really in a crunch to get rid of me. :p Other than that, I am confident that my room choice is still the best according my needs. What say you ?

Are you sure there's no balcony? I thought ALL suites had a balcony...

Hi There

I probably would have made the same choice. Gotta love the balconies while on the Caribbean and 6145 has a really nice, big balcony! ;)

Hi There

I agree with your choice of not taking the upgrade. I love cabin 6145, it's not an ordinary Sky Suite. I love the bathroom! The cabin is also about 30% larger than the other Sky Suites. Don't overpack as the closet is small. I also love your response about accepting the Royal Suite if Celebrity was in a jam for that cabin. Who know's, maybe there is someone in the Penthouse that wanted your cabin as a second bedroom?

Steve

We were offered the same upgrade (on another cruise, Panama Canal)

We declined, as we love the balcony, and we had one of the corner FV's.

Sometime, an upgrade is not really a good upgrade. If the upgrade was on an Alaska voyage I would take it.

Hi There

I like your approach to actually getting an upgrade. Good call.

You made the RIGHT decision !!

6145 is a GREAT room. Stay with it.

I think few people want a suite with no balcony so they have trouble selling the CS suites on the M-Class ships in warm destinations.

IMHO 6145 vs a Royal Suite is also a close call. We were in CC 6143 (next door to 6145) on a BtoB in January and on Turnover day the steward invited us to tour all the suites. 6145 was really nice!

Enjoy your cuise.

I've been in both, the SS, 6145 and also in CS on Summit....I LOVE the balcony too, but given the choice and if for free I'd still take the CS...it's a wonderful suite, so much room. But I'm sure you'll be happy in 6145 too.

I also thought all suites came with balconies. Interesting...

Hi DSJ !

On the Millennium Class, the Celebrity Suite (Cat CS) does not have a balcony. It's the only type of Suite that does not have a Balcony. There are 8 Celebrity Suites on each ship, 2 each, on Decks 6, 7, 8 and 9 Midship. They are beautiful Suites. The only downside, is the lack of a Balcony. They have HUGE floor to ceiling glass windows in the Living Room area. In many regions, the cabin is great, but there is a downside in the Caribbean, as the Balcony always comes in handy there.

To the OP : You probably wouldnt have gone wrong either way, but if the Balcony is important to you... you definitely made the right decision. Enjoy your Cruise !

Having a balcony vs not having a balcony wins hands down in my book. Yes - the windows in the Celebrity Suite are amazing, but you can't smell the fresh air or hear the waves crashing through the windows.

Having a balcony vs not having a balcony wins hands down in my book. Yes - the windows in the Celebrity Suite are amazing, but you can't smell the fresh air or hear the waves crashing through the windows.

Gosh, the seas must be rough! I know what you mean though! ;)

As it was/is your choice.

Well Done!:cool:

Hi There

There are 8 Celebrity Suites on each ship, 2 each, on Decks 6, 7, 8 and 9 Midship.

Are the CS's on the different decks identical, or are those on some decks better/worse than others? From the deck plans it looks like the CS's on decks 8 & 9 are shaped a bit different next to the balconies of the adjoining cabins than the ones on decks 6 & 7, so would those have more or less (or some useless) space, have more issues with people on their balconies being able to look into your windows, etc?

Wow, what a dilemma! We've booked 6145 for April 2011 specifically because I've always wanted to stay in that cabin. Would you please do me a favor and send me a lot of outside and inside pictures of the balcony and the cabin when you return? seankaren at bellsouth dot net

You can have a very posh 'inside' room in a hotel ----- you can only have a balcony cabin on a cruise ship ---------- You made the right choice - have a great time.

:)

Wow, what a dilemma! We've booked 6145 for April 2011 specifically because I've always wanted to stay in that cabin. Would you please do me a favor and send me a lot of outside and inside pictures of the balcony and the cabin when you return? seankaren at bellsouth dot net

Why wait? Look here: 2834936970055963843sDJpnu_th.jpg

This was 6145/6146 on the Constellation, before the refurb. I'm wondering how the Connie will look like in about a week!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=135551&id=574634433&l=e129a98a37

Thom

I just wanted to agree with the majority here. You defiinetely made the right decision. Balconies are the best. We've stayed in 6145 on the Connie and loved the larger balcony. We've also hung out in a CS on Summit as DW's sister and hubby had one on our canal cruise in 2002. It was a bigger suite and a godsend due tho the humidity going through the canal. Overall though, you nade the right choice.....:):):)

Bob

Archived