Cost of beverages onboard

about 4.95 to 7.95 plus 15%....the 7.95 is for the fosters oil can....for beer...

5.95-about 9 bucks for mixed drinks depending on what it is...drink of the day is less...as they don't automatically come in a take home glass...

and about the same for wine....

Thanks guys...

In response to the what line dictates thing.....here it is....I work hard for my money and I like to have fun when I travel.....so if there are perks.....like a beer package for the hubby etc.......then why wouldn't that appeal......we are Australian........beer is good...so is WINE..my fav and I do the wine packages ALWAYS.....

Thanks guys...

In response to the what line dictates thing.....here it is....I work hard for my money and I like to have fun when I travel.....so if there are perks.....like a beer package for the hubby etc.......then why wouldn't that appeal......we are Australian........beer is good...so is WINE..my fav and I do the wine packages ALWAYS.....

What kind of beer package does Celebrity offer? Perhaps if you describe it,someone can tell you whether or not RCI offers something similar or whether or not the prices are comparable. I'd be a bit surprised if Celebrity was more of a bargain when it comes to drink prices but it might be.:)

What kind of beer package does Celebrity offer? Perhaps if you describe it,someone can tell you whether or not RCI offers something similar or whether or not the prices are comparable. I'd be a bit surprised if Celebrity was more of a bargain when it comes to drink prices but it might be.:)

The Celebrity beer package is for unlimited beer (one at a time) at $34.50/day. I guess if you're going to drink a whole lot of beer you can save some money.

The Celebrity beer package is for unlimited beer (one at a time) at $34.50/day. I guess if you're going to drink a whole lot of beer you can save some money.

Maybe. It has always been my understanding that Celebrity cabin rates were more expensive. So the beer savings might simply offset the higher rate. If the beer package is the deciding factor for the OP as to whether to book Royal or Celebrity, I'd suggest doing an apples-to-apples comparison of the rates first, then decide if the beer package savings is really going to save money.:)

Maybe. It has always been my understanding that Celebrity cabin rates were more expensive.

Not true! We have just booked all four of us a fortnight in July 2011 on the Celebrity Eclipse for a tour around the Med for £5067 (after some haggling) in a Deluxe balcony cabin :).

When we priced up Indy it was going to cost us over £7000 :eek: In fact Royal Caribbean seems to be one of the most expensive cruise lines for families now. Our TA said that RCI know they can fill the cabins and are charging higher rates because of it.

about 4.95 to 7.95 plus 15%....the 7.95 is for the fosters oil can....for beer...

5.95-about 9 bucks for mixed drinks depending on what it is...drink of the day is less...as they don't automatically come in a take home glass...

and about the same for wine....

Beer is $4.25 up

Thanks guys...

What does being Australian have to do with wanting to buy a beer package?

Another Australian

Yeah, you'd have to drink 12 a day on sea day's to make up for the lower consumption on port days ;)

Since I have a pile of receipts on my table I haven't shredded yet... these are all before the 15% auto-gratuity is put on. using the receipt abbreviation on some, because not sure what the full name was... just by the glass no bottle prices.

BEER

4.25 Bud, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, etc.

CHARDONNAY:

7.00 Castle Rock

9.00 Chateau d'Aussre

9.00 Clois de Bois

9.00 KJ Vntr

9.00 Hes SuS

11.75 Chateau (something or other, can't tell from the receipt, it just says Chateau)

12.50 Coppola Reserve

MERLOT:

9.00 Clois de Bois

12.50 Chateau St. Celement

12.75 Silverado

MARGARITA:

6.00 - 9.00 depending on tequila

VODKA:

5.75 Absolut Citron

Coffee Shop Coffee for the morning after:

1.95 for an Americano, 0.75 for an extra shot

What does being Australian have to do with wanting to buy a beer package?

Another Australian

I believe it was intended as a joke. :) Apparently you've missed the Australian stereotypes. I watched a movie called "My Life in Ruins" the other night - a comedy about a tour guide in Greece. One of the lines was the tour groups were all the same - obnoxious Americans, drunk Australians, etc. There was an "Australian" couple who were never shown without a beer can in their hands, even while touring the Acropolis. Of course, the Americans were really obnoxious.

Anyone travelled lately and can give an idea of cost of beer etc with the gratuity.....thanks.......trying to decide whether to go with our RCCL cruise or change to Celebrity as they have an awesome beer package.....

Just to let you know Celebrity have stopped their 'awesome beer package' - there are new packages now which cover more than beer.

Classic All Inclusive

All Soda Fountain and Can, All Bottled Juices, Fresh Squeezed Juices, All Premium and Specialty Coffees, Crystal Geyser Bottled Water, Beers up to $5.00; Spirits, Liqueurs, Cocktails, Frozen Drinks up to $8.00; any Wine by the Glass up to $8.00

$44.85 per guest, per day

Premium All Inclusive

All Soda Fountain and Can, All Bottled Juices, Fresh Squeezed Juices, All Premium Coffee and Tea, All Specialty Coffees, Evian and Pellegrino, Vitamin Water, Red Bull; All Beers; Spirits, Liqueurs, Cocktails, Frozen Drinks up to $12.00; any Wine by the Glass up to $12.00

$56.35 per guest, per day

Archived