Does Princess Offer Sushi

ho

We will be on the CB the end of this month and the wife asked me if we could get sushi. She has never tried it but wanted to on the ship. Does anyone know if it is available, where you get it and if it's any good.

Thanks

Yes vines!!

The sushi I have seen in the HC setting was nasty. :(

I couldn't comment on if the sushi was good or bad as we don't eat it. However I saw a lot of people loading up their plates.

Edited by davekathy

On the Crown the sushi at Vines was very good...it was available around the lunch and dinner hours and was complimentary-you didn't have to buy a glass of wine! They didn't have a huge variety-tuna, salmon and California roll, seaweed salad, etc. We enjoyed it pretty much every day-and no, it in no way was like the sushi they serve up at the Horizon Court!

Yes vines!!

The sushi I have seen in the HC setting was nasty. :(

The "sushi" at Horizon Court is beyond nasty! It was by far the worst piece of food that I ever had on Princess. It is an indistinct paste of ricelike color, where you cannot feel individual grains. The taste is somewhere between soap and Play-Doh.

I don't know about the sushi at Vines, as I didn't taste it.

We will be on the CB the end of this month and the wife asked me if we could get sushi. She has never tried it but wanted to on the ship. Does anyone know if it is available, where you get it and if it's any good.

Thanks

A little bit off topic, but if I were you, I would bring her to a good sushi restaurant for the first time. Sushi is not like other food that stands second chance. If she doesn't like sushi for the first time, she will probably not eat it in her life ever again...

Do you know how much is the sushi if you do not purchase wine?

You do not need to purchase anything for the sushi/california rolls (or whatever they call them). This change was made last year.

They may have been loading their plates but that does not mean they ate it. :eek:

That's probably true and very sad to see food wasted, even bad food. Especially in situations where it is possible to return and retrieve more at no further cost. It kills me to see people load up their plates in the HC and then leave half of it at the table. "Take all you want, but eat all you take" said the sign in a Virginia restaurant. Good advice

That's probably true and very sad to see food wasted, even bad food. Especially in situations where it is possible to return and retrieve more at no further cost. It kills me to see people load up their plates in the HC and then leave half of it at the table. "Take all you want, but eat all you take" said the sign in a Virginia restaurant. Good advice

I agree. :)

Depending on the ship there is sushi. As another poster said you might want to taker your DW to a "better" japanese resturant. They will have a variety of raw as well as cooked more traditional fare. It isn't for everyone and nothing could ruin one's experience quicker than bad sushi.

Its like asking someone who has never tried shell fish/lobster should she give it a go on formal night. For some might work out for others might not and it would have nothing to do with liking lobster ;)

Thanks

• 8 years later...
A little bit off topic, but if I were you, I would bring her to a good sushi restaurant for the first time. Sushi is not like other food that stands second chance. If she doesn't like sushi for the first time, she will probably not eat it in her life ever again...

Agree!

What a pity that Grand does not have Vines. I loved the sushi there on Crown last year. I will avoid the Horizon Court sushi.

Grand Princess has Vines. It's on deck 5 next door to Alfredo's. Vines on Grand doesn't have sushi though. Because it is next do Alfredo's and directly across from IC they don't serve any sort of appetizers at Vines on that ship. At least not the last time we sailed her.

Absolutely agree. Do not use sushi on a cruise ship as her introduction to this item. Nothing I have had on Princess comes close to what even my neighborhood Sushi house offers, and no where like what I can get at an upscale sushi house.

Absolutely agree. Do not use sushi on a cruise ship as her introduction to this item. Nothing I have had on Princess comes close to what even my neighborhood Sushi house offers, and no where like what I can get at an upscale sushi house.

So in EIGHT YEARS, that's right 8 years, since this thread was originally started, the sushi in the buffet is still inedible?