NCL-HellOfaTimeWithPricesOverEmail?

cheapest

Hello All,

I've been trying to get the "cruise consultant" with NCL to send me prices over email.They tell me they can't do it, because the prices change. They tell me they will be glad to go over prices , and I can write them down. THAT'S BULL CRAP. They are about to loose my business just over this one issue. The last cruise we took, my family members booked 4 balcony cabins, on a Hawaii cruise. I do not remember this problem in the past. Is this a new policy? Do you know anything about what is going on?

Take care,

Scott

That kind of makes sense to me.

Let's say they email you a price today. You sit on it, and email them back in two weeks. By then, the price has gone up $500. Now you're mad, and want them to honor the price in their email, which of course they're under no obligation to do.

They irritate people either way - but they're covering their own butts, which makes a LOT of sense to me.

Prices are fluid, and anybody that cruises knows this. You are not going to get them to email you prices unless it is in a confirmation email of a booked cruise. Since you can see the prices on the NCL website, I am not sure what you are upset about.

Al

Hello All,

I've been trying to get the "cruise consultant" with NCL to send me prices over email.They tell me they can't do it, because the prices change. They tell me they will be glad to go over prices , and I can write them down. THAT'S BULL CRAP. They are about to loose my business just over this one issue. The last cruise we took, my family members booked 4 balcony cabins, on a Hawaii cruise. I do not remember this problem in the past. Is this a new policy? Do you know anything about what is going on?

Take care,

Scott

I'm sure they wont miss your business but cabins are here today and gone tomorrow.

I know Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have emailed me quotes and stated prices are good for a limited time. Why cant they e mail the quotes with a statement saying these are time sensitive quotes-I dont get some of NCLs policies.

I know Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have emailed me quotes and stated prices are good for a limited time. Why cant they e mail the quotes with a statement saying these are time sensitive quotes-I dont get some of NCLs policies.

Because the prices might not be good by the time the email arrives. I have no idea how often Royal Caribbean and Celebrity revise their pricing, but NCL does it continually.

Hello All,

Take care,

Scott

this is true, the price this minute could change in an hour or a day. You get the email, you think the price is XXX for a balcony cabin, you decide to book the next day and the price has increased by $100.

Nita

Are you sure about that and how long, maybe an hour? There is no way they can guarantee a price and I am in the business. In fact I tell my clients when I quote prices they are good at this minute only. When I worked for a major hotel call center our agents were always told to remind the caller, prices are subject to change at any time, same with the airlines.

Nita

I sell houses for a top 5 builder in the country, I can't even email prices due to changing. Pricing is not static. I see this as completely reasonable.

I originate mortgages and somedays rates change three times a day. Fares sometimes move up or down with the same frequency. Why can't the poster just write down the fares quoted ? It is amazing as to what ticks some people off !!

when i talk with PCC about a cruise they always say you want to book this to lock in the price-hold the cabin or whatever it is they actually say and then you have so long to cancel no prob...i usually do that and then i have the price that was quoted....

for my TA we get the prices and then they say would you like to hold that cabin and i get a week to cancel...sometimes i barely can get back to ncl to check and there is my confirmation ...but i cant see them emailing prices as they CHANGE to much...one time recently just checking online they went up 50pp...and we see that with airfare all the time...CONSTANTLY changing.

I wouldn't let them not emailing you quotes cause you not to take the cruise you want. Their policy is their policy.

However, you can go through independent agents (not NCL employees) and get email quotes. Some will even put a web page personalized for you to purchase the cruise.

this is true, the price this minute could change in an hour or a day. You get the email, you think the price is XXX for a balcony cabin, you decide to book the next day and the price has increased by $100.

Nita

yes this IS true - you don't know from one minute to the next. We booked our cabin - confirmed that the cabin next door was available - called my cousin with the price - they called immediately and paid $250 less than me and got $100 on OBC. This was just minutes and the same cabin - same category.

For most of the prices and deals, you can just go to ncl.com and the prices are right there. No need for an email, or to deal with a PCC or anybody else. The prices are right there.

Anybody that can not handle this needs a vacation more than me, at ANY PRICE.

For most of the prices and deals, you can just go to ncl.com and the prices are right there. No need for an email, or to deal with a PCC or anybody else. The prices are right there.

Anybody that can not handle this needs a vacation more than me, at ANY PRICE.

And every time I've called NCL to book the cruise the price I was given was the one that was on the website at that moment.

I really am not getting what this is about. Cruiselines operate fluid pricing based on demand. Prices can go up or down at a moments notice. If you book and pay a deposit you have locked the price against it going upwards but if it goes downwards provided it is before final payment the price will be amended. A win-win for the consumer.

I can only assume that the OP is within the final payment period or wants to compare NCL price with a few travel agents in the hope that playing them off against each other will get a better price/OBC/gift/something. Well I always thought that in those circumstances NCL would always come out highest due to them never undercutting agents or did I get this all totally wrong and look like a knob?

I really am not getting what this is about. Cruiselines operate fluid pricing based on demand. Prices can go up or down at a moments notice. If you book and pay a deposit you have locked the price against it going upwards but if it goes downwards provided it is before final payment the price will be amended. A win-win for the consumer.

I can only assume that the OP is within the final payment period or wants to compare NCL price with a few travel agents in the hope that playing them off against each other will get a better price/OBC/gift/something. Well I always thought that in those circumstances NCL would always come out highest due to them never undercutting agents or did I get this all totally wrong and look like a knob?

"What this is about" . . . that really is the key to all this, isn't it?

To see what it is really "about", I think we have to look at the big picture.

Prices for the cruise are available on NCL's website...someone with email access most likely also has Internet access, so getting pricing from the website should not be an issue

The PCC was perfectly willing to give the OP pricing for a cruise over the phone...so this isn't a case of an NCL employee refusing to provide the pricing.

So what is this REALLY about?

Simply...The OP wants an email from an NCL employee with pricing.

The "reason" for this need is so that the pricing can be shared with traveling companions.

However, you could look at the price on the website and share that pricing with others by taking a screen capture, by copying and pasting the information, or by simply typing the numbers into a new email.

The same thing applies to getting the prices over the phone...simply write them down. Then you can either call your traveling companions and share the prices OR you could send them an email.

So despite the ease with which pricing can be obtained and shared...we have an issue here. And bottom line is that it is the email from NCL that is key...not getting pricing to share.

It is obvious that the OP is looking for something "official" from NCL as a "gotcha"...whether that "gotcha" will be directed back at NCL or toward a 3rd party provider is unknown.

In either case, THATS what this is all about.

Hello All,

Take care,

Scott

What is so hard about you just writing them down?

Hey OP. Looks like you hit a nerve with the Critics here.

oh, I don't think that has anything to do with it, most are just clarifying why the company or most companies do not want to EMail prices in a business that re-adjusts every few hours or days.

Think about it this way, XXX cruise line emails prices, stating inside cabins start at $650.00 per person, O/Side at $800 and balc at $1000. Well client comes back 2 days later wants the $800 cabin and it is sold out or the price has risen to $845.00. No one gains and everyone loses.

Nita

Archived