Why not Majesty of the Seas to Labadee?

Would you consider a cruise to Labadee if it were a regular trip on the Majesty?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider a cruise to Labadee if it were a regular trip on the Majesty?

• Yes. most definitely.
    • Maybe. I would consider such a cruise as an alternative short get-away
    • Definitely not. Coco Cay, Nassau & Key West only for a short cruise!

Why doesn't RCI have a regularly scheduled 3 or 4 day cruise on the Majesty to Labadee? It makes economical sense to me since it should make more money than a stop in Coco Cay and shouldn't be too far from Miami.

Here's a four day schedule that can easily be slipped in:

Monday - Depart Miami

Tuesday - Sea Day

Wednesday - Labadee, Haiti

Thursday - Sea Day

Friday - Arrive Miami

What do you think? Should this be a regularly scheduled trip for the Majesty?

Nope, a one stop cruise does not interest me.

They might generate more income on Labadee than Coco Cay but the cost of the fuel (cost that gets added to cruise fare) to get there and back would far outweigh the difference.

Why doesn't RCI have a regularly scheduled 3 or 4 day cruise on the Majesty to Labadee? It makes economical sense to me since it should make more money than a stop in Coco Cay and shouldn't be too far from Miami.

Monday - Depart Miami

Tuesday - Sea Day

Thursday - Sea Day

Friday - Arrive Miami

I doubt it makes economic sense, that's a lot of extra fuel to burn.

Not to say that RCI always makes the best decisions. God knows they don't. But don't you think that they have already considered such an itinerary and have several good reasons, including the added fuel cost to sail such an itinerary, for deciding against it? If it were going to be as popular as some claim it would be, they would already be offering it, or at least doing it occasionally to gauge its feasibility. If they had to charge more to cover the additional costs of such a sailing, I can just see the questions that would be raised here: "Why should I pay so much more to cruise to Labadee than I have to pay to go to CocoCay? Is it really worth the extra premium?":rolleyes:

I was merely curious. It is farther and more fuel would be required, but think about all the Carnival cruises that have one stops to Cozumel? Cozumel is almost as far away from Miami is from Haiti, and even further from some domestic ports (like Mobile) which have one stops there. I figure a cruise line would make more money if the one stop was at their own private island than to Cozumel.

So please do not use the extra fuel getting there as an excuse as to why RCI does not have such a regular itinerary to Labadee for the Majesty. Carnival has made plenty of RIGHT business decisions and has plenty of ships going to Cozumel or Key West and Cozumel on 4 day cruises that would burn JUST as much fuel going to Labadee.

:D

Personally, I would not do such a cruise, I like port days. But many people prefer sea days and really like Labadee so to me it just makes sense to have such a regular itinerary going.

In this day and age I think two sea days is too much on a Sovereign class ship. I would personally love it but many might find there is not enough to do...particularly with children and on a regular run.

They do occasionally offer a quick Labadee cruise on larger ships such as the Navigator.

It's the smalllest ship in the fleet, nice for a small ship but not one you go on for the ship itself so would like sea days. And it sails cheap, would be hard to increase costs for fuel. And many like the size and privacy of Coco Cay over Labadee. They would have to add to their entertainment to have at sea days.

In this day and age I think two sea days is too much on a Sovereign class ship. I would personally love it but many might find there is not enough to do...particularly with children and on a regular run.

They do occasionally offer a quick Labadee cruise on larger ships such as the Navigator.

It's the smalllest ship in the fleet, nice for a small ship but not one you go on for the ship itself so would like sea days. And it sails cheap, would be hard to increase costs for fuel. And many like the size and privacy of Coco Cay over Labadee. They would have to add to their entertainment to have at sea days.

Both valid points (except I think the Legend and Splendor are technically smaller than the Sovereign ships in terms of GRT). I've never been on a Sovereign class ship so I couldn't speak towards whether the activities on board this class to be sufficient for 2 days at sea or not compared to modern ships.

When they retire/transfer the Majesty or Monarch to Pullmantur, I wonder what ship RCI will use to fill in the void for short cruises. Perhaps they will skip the Vision class and use a Radiance or Voyager class ship which would - by your arguments - make the Labadee cruise more feasible as a regular itinerary.

Nope, a one stop cruise does not interest me.

They might generate more income on Labadee than Coco Cay but the cost of the fuel (cost that gets added to cruise fare) to get there and back would far outweigh the difference.

It must be of interest to somebody, both Freedom and Oasis are making that exact proposed run this November. Being on Labadee with that few of other passengers and 2 sea days sounds appealing to me, especially at the bargain prices Majesty usually has.

Monday - Depart Miami

Tuesday - Sea Day

Thursday - Sea Day

Friday - Arrive Miami

Freedom of the seas is doing this in November, A 4 day cruise 319 dollars if it has not went up

I'd be interested, but perhaps as others have suggested on a newer ship (Radiance, Voyager, Freedom classes).

Too bad the trials on Freedom are at a time I cannot cruise...they need to offer new and different things during prime cruising season so more can take advantage of it.

This makes no economic sense. The Bahamas is 50 miles from Miami (Coco Cay is further, but it's really not very far). Haiti is over 680 miles from Miami.

The fuel uses would make ticket prices unreasonable. Plus, it's a very small ship, with not a lot to do on sea days.

CocoCay is much nicer than Labadee. There are no sailboats to rent in Labadee. The water is not as nice in Labadee.

This can only be a joke...it doesn't make any sense.

Freedom and Oaisis are totally different than Majesty....they are set up with lots of activities for sea days. Majesty is very small, and doesn't have much to do on sea days.

Longer ships are much more fuel efficient. Short stubby ships spend MUCH more fuel per passenger than the larger ships do. The operating cost would be huge for such a run.

Just an FYI for all those who voted Yes, said you would do it, love it, etc., RCI is doing this exact cruise with Freedom of the Seas on November 28, 2010. Book now or forever hold your peace.

Just an FYI for all those who voted Yes, said you would do it, love it, etc., RCI is doing this exact cruise with Freedom of the Seas on November 28, 2010. Book now or forever hold your peace.

They may have been hoping for Majesty type pricing. That sailing doesn't have any OVs left but 359 for an inside doesn't sound bad for Freedom. Majesty OV 11/29 going to KW, Nassau and CC is at 279 for OV.

They may have been hoping for Majesty type pricing. That sailing doesn't have any OVs left but 359 for an inside doesn't sound bad for Freedom. Majesty OV 11/29 going to KW, Nassau and CC is at 279 for OV.
Probably cost $50 a passenger just for the extra fuel.

This makes no economic sense. The Bahamas is 50 miles from Miami (Coco Cay is further, but it's really not very far). Haiti is over 680 miles from Miami.

The fuel uses would make ticket prices unreasonable. Plus, it's a very small ship, with not a lot to do on sea days.

CocoCay is much nicer than Labadee. There are no sailboats to rent in Labadee. The water is not as nice in Labadee.

This can only be a joke...it doesn't make any sense.

So how do you explain Carnival having regular itineraries out of Galveston, New Orleans, Mobile, Tampa and Miami that go to Cozumel (almost as far as Labadee at 560 nautical miles from Miami) and back? You try to come across as some cruising business genius, ehfl, but I guarantee you Carnival knows more than you.

You also say, ehfl, that a Sovereign Class ship is too small for such a voyage with multiple sea days and there will be a lack of activities for the passengers. Sovereign ships are larger than Fantasy class ships that Carnival has going to Cozumel.

I am sorry if I am coming across as heated but I am sensing a pretentious tone behind your text as you type. I stress: "This can only be a joke...it doesn't make any sense."

You don't have to have your noise in there air, this is a forum to talk about cruising topics.

Archived