Mens bling bling rolex/omega watches

Hi Fellow CC Peeps,

I am sailing on the 9/19 LOS. Does the watch store on board sell High End Omegas+M:):)ens Rolex watches??? Have you purchased On board..... Are Prices competitive with Stores like Goldfinger on ST. Martin. Please enlighten me.

Thanks,

lance32 aka JP Styles:):):)

No Rolex (at least real ones) on board. I have purchased one at Goldfingers and their prices are better than US, no sales tax either. Be advised that your duty free exemption is higher in St. Thomas but I didn't price shop there. The duty was not too bad after pooling our exemptions (about 2%) but Customs doesn't accept credit cards - only cash or check. I carry my duty paid receipt with my passport to show proof I paid the duty for future cruises.

Lou

Nothing better than a Tag I'm afraid which I always find disappointing - I wish they'd have some better brands. And the Tags seem to be quite old styles. DH got a Baume and Mercier a few years back on Explorer but I haven't seen those recently.

The B&M was a very good price compared to back here (45% cheaper IIRC) but the good exchange rate at the time may have helped this too.

Aside from the $10 no names, they sell brand name watches starting at the lower end, like Fossil, and up to the upper middle end, like Tag. Other brands I've seen sold on board are Citizen, Bulova, and Tissot. No Rolex's, though. Although, I'm almost certain I have seen Omega.

Aside from the $10 no names, they sell brand name watches starting at the lower end, like Fossil, and up to the upper middle end, like Tag. Other brands I've seen sold on board are Citizen, Bulova, and Tissot. No Rolex's, though. Although, I'm almost certain I have seen Omega.

I am sure that I have seen Omega as well. I bought a Tag on the last cruise and saved almost $1000 over the stores here at home.

Def buy off ship, I don't think they carry Rolex on the ships, but on islands it's a 5% discount & duty free... I would try St. Marteen the shopping there is really good.

• 4 years later...

Surely you should look at a range of watches and decide what you like rather than deciding that you want an Omega. I got my dads Omega Watch when he died, he got it for 25 years service but it needs repairing and will cost about £400 but a jeweller said that it's worth thousands but not had it valued properly yet.

What are those watches that come in the huge molded cases with the foam cut outs? I always forget to look for similar pricing once I get back. I've always just looked. I actually found one I liked that was stickered around $2495. The guy was down to about $300 before I walked away.

What are those watches that come in the huge molded cases with the foam cut outs? I always forget to look for similar pricing once I get back. I've always just looked. I actually found one I liked that was stickered around $2495. The guy was down to about $300 before I walked away.

Knockoffs?

Seriously if you went from $2,495 to $300 it was not a real brand name watch. The discounts are good, but not that good. That would be below cost LOL!

And a first post at that. Seriously?

I often see that. I wonder if it's malicious, or if it's someone who was searching for something. Some of these threads will pop up on google. Then, they may want to chime in and register, not realizing how old the discussion is.

I have been guilty of that on a tech forum once. I got shredded when I realized I asked a follow up question on a thread many years old.:cool:

Nautica. I have one and it's nice watch but mine isn't even a $300 watch. The issue I see with Nauticas is that they have a high, middle, and low end quality of watches but all are under the same brand. Check the build quality of the watch carefully and you should be able to tell if it's junk or not.

Nautica. I have one and it's nice watch but mine isn't even a $300 watch. The issue I see with Nauticas is that they have a high, middle, and low end quality of watches but all are under the same brand. Check the build quality of the watch carefully and you should be able to tell if it's junk or not.

Thanks! As much time and detail I put into reviews after the cruise, I forgot to right down the brand so I could look at home and learn more. I'm glad some one committed such a cardinal sin so I could get the question I forgot I had answered!:cool:

You know what's really bad... I got the brand wrong.

Invicta is what you want to search for. (I need to wear my watch more often).

Invicta watches are junk. They are all outside bling and the internals are equal to a garbage disposal. They can be found on clearance most everywhere. It's well know that Invicta inflates their normal price to some ridiculous amount then you get it for 80% off. Example, normally $1299 on sale for $249. Invicta was voted the most hated watch brand by watch connnoisseurs in a recent poll on the top timepiece discussion forums. Not taking away how you may enjoy yours but it's like recommending McDonalds to someone seeking a good meal.

You know what's really bad... I got the brand wrong.

Invicta is what you want to search for. (I need to wear my watch more often).

Well fellow buckeye, thanks for coming back and updating. I'll take a look.

Invicta watches are junk. They are all outside bling and the internals are equal to a garbage disposal. They can be found on clearance most everywhere. It's well know that Invicta inflates their normal price to some ridiculous amount then you get it for 80% off. Example, normally $1299 on sale for $249. Invicta was voted the most hated watch brand by watch connnoisseurs in a recent poll on the top timepiece discussion forums. Not taking away how you may enjoy yours but it's like recommending McDonalds to someone seeking a good meal.

Thanks for adding that, the looks alone just peaked my interest.

Thanks for adding that, the looks alone just peaked my interest.into looking into it when I got home.

Knockoffs?

Seriously if you went from $2,495 to $300 it was not a real brand name watch. The discounts are good, but not that good. That would be below cost LOL!

Those are the Invicta Watches. I was just on the Liberty in May and they had some used Rolex's for $7995.00 with a one year warranty from the Manufacturer. The watch was originally $9,995.00 not much of a savings for a used watch. If you go on Amazon the watches are even cheaper then the ship prices.

FYI, Anthem have Rolex watches just in case someone out is planning to buy a Rolex. They also have a Cartier store too! My safe deposit box has been enjoying mine. Many yrs ago an immigration officer did not believe us when he question my DH ring that we did not purchase on our trip. He made us pay for a ring that was 10 yrs old & made in Philippines!!! So never again...I travel w/ costume jewelry now!

Deck Diva. They tried that ploy on me once. I pulled up a picture that was dated 10 years before & asked if anything looked familiar. He actually apologized