When will "Everything Epic" merge with the general NCL board? (assuming it will)

Tom-n-Cheryl

Not wanting to ruffle any feathers, but I was just curious how long it will be before this special Epic corner of the boards merges with the rest of the NCL board? I have not seen any such special section set aside for new ships on other lines - though there are almost always specific threads devoted in the main boards (of individual lines) for new builds.

I have found this useful, as I can get right in and see things which will pertain more specifically to our cruise on the Epic next February.

Tom

In the Royal Caribbean area the Oasis board just merged into the regular one and the Oasis started sailing at the end of 2009.

I think the only reason it was merged was to make way for the Allure only thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=554

I would guess, they will leave this up for awhile.

I was previously notified by one if the administrators that the EVERYTHING EPIC subsection will merge with the regular NCL boards this fall. No set specific date set, but it will happen.

That is not a good idea, IMHO. Epic is a trendsetter ship and deserves easy access to Everything Epic. There will always be newbies for Epic and there should be easy access to gather information about this incredible ship.

That is not a good idea, IMHO. Epic is a trendsetter ship and deserves easy access to Everything Epic. There will always be newbies for Epic and there should be easy access to gather information about this incredible ship.

Maybe if enough Cruise Critic members let it be known a preference to keep the Everything Epic as a separate forum, maybe up to a year from her inaugural, it would best serve perspective CC members as NCL guests?

• 3 weeks later...

I see that this subforum is down to about 1 page per day (as opposed to the Carnival board forum, which has about 10 pages PER day), so I am guessing that the merger between the Everything Epic Board and the regular NCL Forum may be inevitable...and soon? :confused:

I see that this subforum is down to about 1 page per day (as opposed to the Carnival board forum, which has about 10 pages PER day), so I am guessing that the merger between the Everything Epic Board and the regular NCL Forum may be inevitable...and soon? :confused:

Yes, the merger was just announced this morning. See this Sticky at the top of this forum titled "Board News for Epic Cruisers":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1269695

Not wanting to ruffle any feathers, but I was just curious how long it will be before this special Epic corner of the boards merges with the rest of the NCL board? I have not seen any such special section set aside for new ships on other lines - though there are almost always specific threads devoted in the main boards (of individual lines) for new builds.

I have found this useful, as I can get right in and see things which will pertain more specifically to our cruise on the Epic next February.

Tom

hi Tom

a Sticky is posted at the top of the forum .. September 10 is the day the Everything Epic board will be closed, but not deleted so you will be able to go back and review previous posts

Personally, I like the Epic board separate.

I will miss it.

(and probably won't be on everyday if I have to search thru all the other NCL threads for Epic info.)

:(

We cannot have separate boards for each individual ship... now that Epic is sailing regular scheduled voyages it will be treated like the rest of the fabulous NCL ships.. when a new ship is born we will again provide a similar forum as we did for Epic... several posters have already been posting on the regular NCL board with questions and reviews of the EPIC... please join us there

Archived