Yes, An Ultimate Ship Tour Question

BayouGirlUSA

I've searched for this answer but to no avail. Gonna give you guys a shot at it!

I think I know pretty much all the answers to the questions about the UST but this is the one that I can't find. I've read that the UST can go into a Lottery pick. If that happens and my DH's name is picked, can I go in his place?

I just did the UST on Golden ... the tour guide told me that they say it is a lottery, but she said they usually just take the first 12 who sign up! I went right from the gangplank to the signup and was first on the list...4 in our group, all chosen...the remaining 8 were all cruise critic members!!!

Hi,

I think the lottery thing must be up to the Captain. We were on the Star last year (Syd/LA) and my name was the first on the list. I found there were 5 tours conduct due to the popularity of the tour - lucky we had a few sea days! The tour I did was on the 3rd sea day, and, yes, the bathrobe caused some repacking to be done!!

for our ultimate ship tour on the Sapphire, we did not get the expensive $90 robes. We all got the $45 ones. I've heard people getting the $90 one, so don't know if this is specific to the Sapphire. (those prices are the ones from the ship store, they sell these robes there)

for our ultimate ship tour on the Sapphire, we did not get the expensive $90 robes. We all got the $45 ones. I've heard people getting the $90 one, so don't know if this is specific to the Sapphire. (those prices are the ones from the ship store, they sell these robes there)

When we did it on the Crown, we also received the $45 version.

I'm planning to sign us up on the Grand in November and I'm looking forward to the fluffy ones. I have lots of the thin ones (leave them in our guest rooms for guests).

Anyone know which one you get in the Grand. Maybe we need to ask before we sign up.

Thats really too bad, we got the heavy ones too.

We were on the Crown July 29-August 10 and I signed up as soon as we boarded and was the first on the signup sheet at the Pursers desk. There were 11 of us. The tour took 4 hours and was indeed great The laundry amd the bridge were the highlights for me, but the whole tour was just great and all the officers were gracious. We got very fluffy robes and chefs jackets, a packet of pictures taken at the various stops and of course bubbly at the end of the tour. Oh and a lapel pin identifying us as on the special tour.

We were on the Crown July 29-August 10 and I signed up as soon as we boarded and was the first on the signup sheet at the Pursers desk. There were 11 of us. The tour took 4 hours and was indeed great The laundry amd the bridge were the highlights for me, but the whole tour was just great and all the officers were gracious. We got very fluffy robes and chefs jackets, a packet of pictures taken at the various stops and of course bubbly at the end of the tour. Oh and a lapel pin identifying us as on the special tour.

I'm getting more and more interested in the UST with each post/thread I read about it. Might have to give it serious consideration next October on the Ruby.....:):):)

Bob

I'm getting more and more interested in the UST with each post/thread I read about it. Might have to give it serious consideration next October on the Ruby.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, you won't regret it; it's so worth it! I did it on the Star last year and got the fluffy robe. I use it all the time. We left out of Seattle, so we were able to drive to the port. The robe will take up a lot of room! :p

Archived