All Things Grandeur of the Seas

I LOVE cruising out of the Baltimore terminal - consistently the smoothest operation of any cruise terminal I've been through. Those folks know what they're doing and how to get it done.:)

Ah, to be aboard the Grandeur again... soon, I hope.:o

I, too, would love to hear any Grandeur news anyone has.

OK Grandeur People,,,,this will be our first time on her this march never been to baltimore port. Thinking of staying overnight where's the best place? How about a good dinner spot near the port? And what should I do and see while on the ship. Any help would be Great thank's Tony

OK Grandeur People,,,,this will be our first time on her this march never been to baltimore port. Thinking of staying overnight where's the best place? How about a good dinner spot near the port? And what should I do and see while on the ship. Any help would be Great thank's Tony

Like you we live in NJ and have been on the Explorer at least 5 times, all the 9 night cruise.

We were on the Enchantment, and stayed the night before at the Inner harbor...plenty to do, nice hotel choices.

Camden Yards is not far away if you would like to catch a ball game.

We always head out for to a authentic Maryland Crab house....there is also little Italy.

Can use the water taxi to get around.

We look at it as an extension to our vacation...

Other people in our Roll Call preferred the economy route and stayed near the airport.

We considered the Liberty this summer, have a deposit on it and the Grandeur at same time. Need to make a choice.

BTW, are you the people who brought their own fishing poles once? If so, we were on the same cruise.

Edited by B-52

There's a lot of places to stay within about 20 minutes of the port. A lot do stay near the airport which is just south of the terminal off I-95. We lived about 20 min south of Baltimore in Columbia for 10 years and it was a pretty quick, easy trip up to where the terminal is. We currently live just over a hour away and even that isn't a bad trip. Out of four cruises from Baltimore, it's only taken us more than an hour and fifteen one time and that was this past March, the day after a snowstorm so traffic was affected by school delays, etc and it took us almost two hours. We love the port and the ship and especially the very friendly crew.

My favorite ship and love going out of Baltimore. We are staying at Best Western Plus on Dorsey Road, Elkridge, MD. It is thru Trinity Reservations and is costing us $119 which includes keeping our car for 10 nights and transportation to and from the port. That's for up to 4 people in one room. It's a nice hotel with a great staff.

If you want lots of things to do, stay at the Inner Harbor. There are plenty of great restaurants (Little Italy is great), let alone all of the restaurants right at the Inner Harbor.

Don't know if you are driving or not.

I will be on the Grandeur over New Year's Eve this year.

It will be my third cruise out of Baltimore and my first RC out of Baltimore. The other two set high standards, but I'm pretty sure grandeur will impress.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I will be on the Grandeur over New Year's Eve this year.

It will be my third cruise out of Baltimore and my first RC out of Baltimore. The other two set high standards, but I'm pretty sure grandeur will impress.

How are new years cruises? Or Christmas etc

sent from my galaxy s4 please excuse any error's thanks

How are new years cruises? Or Christmas etc

sent from my galaxy s4 please excuse any error's thanks

I'll let you know on January 7th when I get back. This is my first holiday cruise.

August 2013....Baltimore to Bermuda back to Baltimore in the Royal Family Suite .....we sailed with the kids ages 13 & 12 and had a wonderful cruise ~ ....Ruth Romo in the concierge lounge was truly a wonderful host who contacted us well before our cruise and catered to all our needs....especially for the kids....:)

August 2014....Baltimore to Port Canaveral to Nassau to Coco Cay return to Baltimore in a Grand Suite.....again sailed with the kids now ages 14 & 13...another wonderful cruise that we all enjoyed....Francis Calimag was fantastic in the concierge lounge......he was most hospitable and like Ruth the previous year made sure that we had a fantastic cruise....:)

• 2 months later...
We leave on Friday for 8 day Thanksgiving cruise on Grandeur. Will try to post a review as soon as we get back.

Take good care of her......we get on when you get off. ;) We just got off the Grandeur Nov. 11, and left her in good shape.

Have a great Thanksgiving. :D

Gwen :)

I have been on GOS twice, a 10 day Eastern Caribbean cruise in March with DH & a 8 day to Bahamas with a friend for Halloween. I have 2 more sailings booked with GOS in May 2015 (Bermuda) with my son & in Nov 2015 with the friend again for a 10 day Western Caribbean. These are my first cruises ever. I would not be going so much if I didn't love the ship so much. Each cruise had some differences but were great. I saw Quest for the first time this last trip & it was a riot. As was suggested here on CC, we went straight to the Park Deli in the Solarium when we boarded & it was empty. They were just getting ready for lunch so we were first in line. I couldn't believe the difference in crowds between Park Deli & the Windjammer. It was the best advice I received from the people on CC. My documents said boarding started at 10:30 so I was there about 10:15. We were entering the ship by 11 am. Boarding at Baltimore was so easy & quick. We had someone drop us off & pick us up so no transportation or parking issues. Baltimore is only about 90 minutes from home.

Take good care of her......we get on when you get off. ;) We just got off the Grandeur Nov. 11, and left her in good shape.

Have a great Thanksgiving. :D

Gwen :)

We will take good care of her - and because you asked so nicely, we may even decorate her for you too :)

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app