All Things Grandeur of the Seas

biomedbob You cannot make a statement like that and not back it up. I see in your signature you have been on GOS many times, so why now is it sooo bad?

I think he doesn't want a good thing to get very popular!

Back on the Grandeur in a couple weeks, great ship and even better crew!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been on over 40 cruises -- 10 of them on RCI ships. I recently booked the Grandeur of the Seas and have read many recent reviews of the ship. Most of them state that the toilets were out of order for a long time during the cruise and there were various breaks in the water lines. Since the Grandeur is one of the oldest ships RCI has, if this situation isn't resolved, I am going to cancel our cruise and book another ship. I really wanted to go to Bermuda, but will have to do another itinerary. I would like to read some more comments from the people on this thread.

Thanks,

Sheila

Hi,

I've been on over 40 cruises -- 10 of them on RCI ships. I recently booked the Grandeur of the Seas and have read many recent reviews of the ship. Most of them state that the toilets were out of order for a long time during the cruise and there were various breaks in the water lines. Since the Grandeur is one of the oldest ships RCI has, if this situation isn't resolved, I am going to cancel our cruise and book another ship. I really wanted to go to Bermuda, but will have to do another itinerary. I would like to read some more comments from the people on this thread.

Thanks,

Sheila

We've ben on the Grandeur 4 times and will be sailing her next November. We have never experienced any water line breaks or problems with toilets. Have had times when the toilet did not flush immediately, but the delay was maybe 15 seconds, nothing to lose any sleep over.:)

Hi,

Thanks,

Sheila

We had an issue for about an hour one night. It wasn't a big deal, we just went down the hall for the bathroom and by the time we came back later that night after going to an activity, it was fixed. We mentioned this once or twice through the rest of the cruise to a few other sets of people and a few had similar problems (and most didn't) but nothing detrimental or really something to cancel a cruise for. If you like the itinerary, do it! This shouldn't be an issue.

We've ben on the Grandeur 4 times and will be sailing her next November. We have never experienced any water line breaks or problems with toilets. Have had times when the toilet did not flush immediately, but the delay was maybe 15 seconds, nothing to lose any sleep over.:)

This was our experience on our first cruise on Grandeur - sometimes there would be a delayed flush, but never had the toilet break completely.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you all for replying to my request for info re the Grandeur of the Seas. You made me feel better about my decision to book her. We were on the Rhapsody last summer and loved the size of the ship which is the same size as the Grandeur. It seems that biomedbob was only kidding about hating the ship so he would be able to book it.

Sheila

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was on that cruise. Was a great day to leave port. Very few people on the ship had ever left in a snow storm. I think the frozen pipe story was a "story". There were 3 buses that were late arriving at the port due to weather.

There was a small snowman by the pool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We just sailed her in May to Bermuda. I love sailing her. Of course, she is the only ship I've cruised on so far so I may be just a little prejudiced. We have never had any problems. We were on her the first time in March 2014 & hit rough water. We hit one wave so hard, it cracked the jogging deck & sprung the railing off. The crew was very calm & there were injuries. It was really handled well & if you didn't hear about it you would not have known there was an incident to the ship.

Every crew member I have seen has been very friendly & willing to help with whatever concerns we had. In my 3 cruises, I have not had any problems to report on how they reconcile them. I would not hesitate to sail her any time. I was very interested in the new 12 day cruises, but I think I may pass for a little while.

Enjoy your cruise. I'll be on her again shortly in November for 10 days. Can't wait.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. She's a grand old lady. She does not have the wiz bang features of the new ships but she more than makes up for it with the amazing crew.

We spent much of our cruise up on the pool deck with all the entertainment and a cool beverage in hand.

Cruise Director Mitch and the rest of his staff are awesome. (Andre the AD was leaving for a bit at the end of our cruise to get married but will hopefully be back soon.)

I have no doubt you'll have a fantastic time onboard.

• 1 year later...
Any one have any comments, tips, or secrets concerning the Grandeur of the Seas? Such as Best places to sit in the dining rooms, best seats for the shows. Places to avoid. etc.

Lobster tails last formal night, order 2.

Lays potato chips in solarium with roast beef sandwich before they run out.

Sauna in gym spa, great, in am.

50's and 70's party in centrum, 2 different nights.

Trivia every night schooner bar.

Zumba every sea day centrum.

Line dancing centrum often

Dance class centrum often

Aerobic workout dance class often

Raisin bread in am, banana pancakes off kids menu for breakfast, tutti salad MDR lunch.

No longer aireal show centrum.

Bring highlighter for cruise compass, don't miss a thing.

Bring a smile, positive attitude, Grandeur has the nicest, crew and staff, pool volleyball against officers. Quest adult show get there early, South Pacific loung, you'll die laughing.

Fellow cruiser on G are the nicest most gracious people you'll ever meet!

Lobster tails last formal night, order 2.

Lays potato chips in solarium with roast beef sandwich before they run out.

Sauna in gym spa, great, in am.

50's and 70's party in centrum, 2 different nights.

Trivia every night schooner bar.

Zumba every sea day centrum.

Line dancing centrum often

Dance class centrum often

Aerobic workout dance class often

Raisin bread in am, banana pancakes off kids menu for breakfast, tutti salad MDR lunch.

No longer aireal show centrum.

Bring highlighter for cruise compass, don't miss a thing.

Bring a smile, positive attitude, Grandeur has the nicest, crew and staff, pool volleyball against officers. Quest adult show get there early, South Pacific loung, you'll die laughing.

Fellow cruiser on G are the nicest most gracious people you'll ever meet!

Thanks for the updated information - Hoping these stay the same by the time next December rolls around. Updates are appreciated - It is nice to keep this thread alive - next step - What will the changes be when she goes into rehab later this Spring?