I'm being Harrassed by HAL

Luvmesomeme

I'm due to sail tomorrow. All week I have been receiving either phone calls (which I have not returned) and emails stating the following.

Due to the popularity of the ms Veendam September 26, 2010, 7-day Bermuda sailing, we are making offers to move your booking to alternative departure dates.

Offer: Guests who choose to accept this offer will receive a 75% Cruise Fare Refund (does not include non-discountable amount or taxes/fees) and sail in similar accommodations to what they currently have (upgrades may be available, inquire upon acceptance). In addition, guests can choose to move to any one of the following departures (but is not limited to):

· ms Veendam October 3: 7-day Bermuda sailing

· ms Eurodam October 23: 7-day Caribbean sailing

· ms Oosterdam October 16: 7-day Mexico sailing

· ms Veendam May 1, 2011: 7 day Bermuda sailing

Please call to inquire about possible offers to move to other 2010 Caribbean or Mexico or 2011 Bermuda Holland America Line cruises if none of the above dates work for you. Holland America Line can also assist with air change fees, please contact us for more information.

Don’t miss out on this Special Offer

Call888-628-8107

Monday – Friday 8 am to 5 pm Pacific Time

the first offer was 50%

*****Mind you I opted out of being contacted about upgrades and offers.:rolleyes:

If only I had the flexibility to change plans on a moments notice I would take them up on it:D.

What a great offer! If HAL gives me the same offer I will be sorely tempted to take it.

I do think using the word "harrassed" is a bit strong, though. HAL contacted you re: something other than an upgrade/upsell, and I think it fair of them to be able to reach out to you with this offer.

By your own admission, you did not return the phone calls. They had no way of knowing you weren't interested in the offer, so they continued to try to reach you. I'm sure that if you had told them you did not want to change, they would not have contacted you further.

We also received some very tempting move-over offers from HAL for our cruise last month. I only wish we could have taken them up on them. Incredible deals. We just simply could not rearrange our work schedules and other commitments with private tour companies, hotels, etc. to make it work for us.

What you consider "harassed" others may consider a huge blessing.

Maybe someday when we are retired we will have the flexibility in our schedules to take advantage of some of those last minute offers.

Enjoy your cruise!

Tremendous offer. Like many others, once my vacations are booked, they're pretty well set in stone as far as my employers are concerned. I'd have a tough time wrangling a last-minute alternative!

However, I have no doubt that they'll get enough takers before the Veendam sets sail tomorrow evening.

When you booked the cruise you indicated whether you are interested in being contacted concerning these types of offers. If you are not interested just don't check that box :rolleyes:.

Kirk

The OP did say they put on their reservation to not be contacted, if you read to the bottom of the post, it was in ***

As for those making a stink over the verbiage used, "harassed" - if you look at the thread, the OP put a :D next to the subject line. I for one took that as meaning they were jokingly saying they were being harassed. I don't believe for one second the OP actually feels harassed by them, just slightly amused by HALs persistence.

Unless you call and tell them after the first offer that you are not interested in ANY offer, how are they to know that going from 50 to 75% will not make you interested?

You're correct, you wouldn't know. I missed the part where the OP said that the offer had been increased from 50% to 75%. My mistake.

The OP did say they put on their reservation to not be contacted, if you read to the bottom of the post, it was in ***

As for those making a stink over the verbiage used, "harassed" - if you look at the thread, the OP put a :D next to the subject line. I for one took that as meaning they were jokingly saying they were being harassed. I don't believe for one second the OP actually feels harassed by them, just slightly amused by HALs persistence.

I was beginning to get a little offended at some of the responses but thank you for reading it thoroughly and now I don't have to explain myself further.

Sail7seas - I'm booked for a CA Lanai Stateroom

I was beginning to get a little offended at some of the responses but thank you for reading it thoroughly and now I don't have to explain myself further.

Sail7seas - I'm booked for a CA Lanai Stateroom

I took your "harassment" heading as a joke too..

Hope you enjoy the Lanai as much as we did..We love the Promenade Deck' date=' but sometimes have problems getting seats together on sea days unless we get out at "the crack of dawn" ;)[/size']

We thoroughly enjoyed having our own designated chaises...

Unfortunately DH is a bit disappointed about our Noordam cruise in Nov., as they don't have lanai cabins... He's already spoiled!:):)

Have a wonderful time!

Cheers.....:)Betty

FWIW, if anyone gets one of these offers but doesn't have HAL air, it's worth asking if they will comp your change fee. We took a bump off of our shortie coastal cruise to a 7-day Mexican Riviera itinerary and HAL was kind enough to offer an OBC in the amount of our change fees. :)

My bad, I didn't read the "small print".

Kirk

Archived