We just became Elite...

warmwinds

...and they sent us a $50 coupon for "new bookings only". I guess it's useless to try and call them to have it credited to the booking we made (for 2011) before we got this coupon? We can't cancel and rebook since it's one of the coveted afts that are no longer available on that sailing. :(

welcome to being Elite! One of the best programs around. We used the happy hr to have a few free drinks and meet a lot of people with similar interests - the best part. Loved going down in the morning and having a free latte/expreeso and fresh squeezed OJ, then used the free laundry and internet. Cant beat it. And now you have a $50 discount for you next cruise.....I assume that although you have made an upcoming Celebrity reservation that you can't use this coupon on since you got a coveted Aft cabin, that you'll certainly use it for another cruise.

Aren't you really happy and feel so good because of all these good deals. I'm sure you just accidentally used that 'frowny face'.What's there to be upset about....right??

enjoy your aft cabin and enjoy the discount for your next cruise!

Denny

:) :) You're all correct! Who needs a frowny face when I've got all kinds of great freebies coming! And I would NEVER risk my aft for $50! :) :)

Great response! so many posters get defensive when follow-on posts dont agree at some level - but you came back with a fine response. Enjoy your cruise and hope we can share a free drink if and when we cruise together.

Denny

At least you got a coupon. When we qualified we had to email them about 2 months after the fact and remind them we had qualified. No email, no nothing nada....it just eventually showed up on "My Celebrity" page.

I will agree with others it is a wonderful perk and I do hope they continue it.

Congratulations on your new status.:)

Congratulations on your $50 coupon. I have a question to the post that referred to the free cappuccino or fresh squeezed orange juice coupon. What coupon was that? We are elite and use the coupons, but I must have missed that one.

Congrats on becoming Elite. We love the perks.

Forget about the $50 coupon. It's basically worthless. We got one also, but when I tried to use it, Celebrity told me that I could not use it because I am using my shareholder's OBC, and you can't combine the two.

The free cappuccino & fresh squeezed OJ, along with champagne/bloody marys, is part of the Michael's Club 8-10am continental breakfast for Elite members. No coupon needed. Sometimes it is held up in the Sky Lounge if they have a lot of Elites on board.

Forget about the $50 coupon. It's basically worthless. We got one also, but when I tried to use it, Celebrity told me that I could not use it because I am using my shareholder's OBC, and you can't combine the two.

That's what I figured. The Shareholder credit is far more valuable to me, especially as the next 2 cruises I'm dreaming of booking are 12 and 14 days!

Elite membership entitles you to breakfast in (usually Michael's Club, or at least a separate room from either the main dining room or the cafe). There you will get a brilliant range of breakfast goodies, including freshly squeezed juices, cappucinos etc. This is a great perk along with the free cocktails/wine etc from 4-6pm. These are in addition to the coupons offering free internet, laundry etc. We found a card in our stateroom on arrival, setting out the breakfast and cocktail times along with the coupons for other things.

We have just returned from sailing on Century in the Med. A fellow cc posted her blog of the trip. You can see pics of the Elite breakfast on her blog for Monday 20 September : http://httpwwwtravelpodcomsyndication-joanne.blogspot.com/2010/09/monday-september-20-2010-sea-dayfun.html

Enjoy these new perks - they are great:)

Lynne

Oh, the breakfast looks great! I can't wait!

Yes, we're also long term shareholders so we always get the OBC...glad to know I couldn't combine it with the $50 anyway.

And it's funny to think our love of afts even helped to accelerate our getting here - that extra Concierge Class credit on every sailing sure added up over time. A win-win for sure.

If you did not have the shareholders credit I would have advised you to at least try to use the coupon. We received one right after we booked a b2b cruise. Faxed it to the number on the coupon for both reservations and received the $50 credit on both. We were not able to use it on another cruise that we had booked using an onboard booking future reservation # because of the onboard credit.

Mary Lou

Oh, the breakfast looks great! I can't wait!

Yes, we're also long term shareholders so we always get the OBC...glad to know I couldn't combine it with the $50 anyway.

And it's funny to think our love of afts even helped to accelerate our getting here - that extra Concierge Class credit on every sailing sure added up over time. A win-win for sure.

we had friends who went inside on their first cruise with us - we'd picked Concierge and got the points. After a few cruises (moved to balcony after enjoying ours), they realized they were getting close to elite and jumped up to Conciege for a B2B last year and now a 10N this Sep. we all went Aft on the Mercury for a Thanksgiving cruise which they will be Elite on, and i Know they will take full advantage! Funny how perks work.

Denny

The celebrity and RCL programs are kept separately (dumb marketing decision). You can get the perks for whichever program has higher perks. Let's say you have 10 credits on Celebrity and have no RCL credits...and you go on an RCL cruise. They will give you the perks that you would get as if you had 10 credits in the RCL program and you will earn your first RCL credits. But no, you can't add them together.

I agree that it's a bad marketing decision, but at least they do recognize the other cruiseline's perks. Maybe someday they will combine. I don't think the Carnival lines combine either. We have several cruises on Princess that I'd like to combine with an occasional Holland or CCL cruise.

We are Elite on Celebrity thanks to our Diamond status on RCCL. It is a great perk, on our recent Med cruise there were only 18 elite members on board, and we were treated royaly! We were also invited to the Captains table, had a bridge tour, etc. Can't wait to sail Celebrity again...they are the best in my book!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

We have just returned from sailing on Century in the Med. A fellow cc posted her blog of the trip. You can see pics of the Elite breakfast on her blog for Monday 20 September : http://httpwwwtravelpodcomsyndication-joanne.blogspot.com/2010/09/monday-september-20-2010-sea-dayfun.html

Enjoy these new perks - they are great:)

Lynne

8516f6f7.png

Here is a photo of the list of activities for the Elite members. Don't remember if I included this in my live blog.

Lynne--I miss our 4-6 cocktail hour, when is your next cruise???

Happy cruising...Joanne

8516f6f7.png

Here is a photo of the list of activities for the Elite members. Don't remember if I included this in my live blog.

Lynne--I miss our 4-6 cocktail hour, when is your next cruise???

Happy cruising...Joanne

Thanks so much for posting this! I am only Select, but it gives me an idea of what I can expect as well!

We have 9 credits now and will be in CC on the Summit this coming April, so we'll be at 11 when we're done. I imagine we not considered Elite until the end of the cruise? We could take or leave the happy hour (that's during "nap" time) but would love the other perks...is it worth a call to the Captain's Club to inquire about upping our status a tad early? Anybody tried it?

We have 9 credits now and will be in CC on the Summit this coming April, so we'll be at 11 when we're done. I imagine we not considered Elite until the end of the cruise? We could take or leave the happy hour (that's during "nap" time) but would love the other perks...is it worth a call to the Captain's Club to inquire about upping our status a tad early? Anybody tried it?

No, they won't waive it. There are plenty of Elite/Select events you could go to.

Archived