Should we upgrade to JS from balcony for $300??

Julzizzle

which ship?

If it's $300 total (not per person), I think I'd go for it. Not just for the extra space, but also for the extra cruise credits. Maybe check the RCI website to see which JS cabins are still available before you decide.

DARN IT!!! That was at 9 am this morning. Now it says "Not available". I wasnt able to get back to the computer until 3 pm. UGHHH! Looks like I missed out. But thanks so much for all the replies!! I will be happy with what I have though! Just thankful to being going on vacation!!

DARN IT!!! That was at 9 am this morning. Now it says "Not available". I wasnt able to get back to the computer until 3 pm. UGHHH! Looks like I missed out. But thanks so much for all the replies!! I will be happy with what I have though! Just thankful to being going on vacation!!

When you find a balcony to JS price difference of only $300 total, you MUST jump on it immediately!

Live and learn.

:) Have a great cruise.

What are you waiting for? Its a steal...Hope its not too late!!!

When you find a balcony to JS price difference of only $300 total, you MUST jump on it immediately!

Live and learn.

:) Have a great cruise.

Very true. Saw a GREAT price drop on a cruise while at work (don't tell my boss) drove home (10 minute drive) and it was GONE when I got home. Lesson learned:)

Very true. Saw a GREAT price drop on a cruise while at work (don't tell my boss) drove home (10 minute drive) and it was GONE when I got home. Lesson learned:)

Two weeks ago, I found a HUGE price drop on my SW tickets to Florida for this December. It was a real pain to deal with their website at work, because I have everything "saved" and on "automatic" on my home computer, but I worked my way through the process.

It turned out to be a good choice, because two hours later, the price was gone. And I mean that this was a HUGE drop.

You should call anyway, your cruise is 2 days away, they just won't take any more new bookings this late so they close the bookings, Doesn't mean they won't allow you to upgrade.

If there is still any Junior Suites available they just might let you upgrade since you are already booked on that sailing.

I would call for sure and see what they say.

Jimbo:)

Something that happened to me might make you feel better. I had a similar opportunity when an upgraded cabin became availabile and tried to upgrade but RCI wouldn't let because of the following:

1. I booked it after the new price drop policy went into effect that doesn't allow price adjustments after final payment.

2. I was after final payment.

3. The upgraded cabin had dropped from where it was when I booked so it was interpreted as a price drop and not allowed per policy.

Since I have dealt with RCI before and gotten different stories I tried calling three times including the Crown & Anchor desk and was told the same thing everytime.

So maybe it would have worked for you but being a week out you may have had the same conditions I did and not been able to upgrade anyway.

You should call anyway, your cruise is 2 days away, they just won't take any more new bookings this late so they close the bookings, Doesn't mean they won't allow you to upgrade.

If there is still any Junior Suites available they just might let you upgrade since you are already booked on that sailing.

I would call for sure and see what they say.

Jimbo:)

Thanks Jumbo! I did before I posted back on here yesterday but they said they were already sold. Live and learn is right I guess!

We actually did the same thing last week (Adventure OTS 12/12). There are 3 of us and it cost us $450. It happened to be the last Junior Suite available so we figured, what the heck - let's go for it. We were on a Junior Suite on Princess once and the extra room is really nice!

Archived