"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Nov 4, 2010

Radio

Great news! Another Radio cruise. We've never been on the Enchantment so looking forward to the photo's and enjoying a cruise that we don't have to pay for!!;) Hope you have a great cruise and the weather doesn't cause you too much of a problem.

Is the flavored water in bottles or glasses or ???

We found it was nothing like the bottled flavored waters you can buy in stores. You will find the flavored water in glasses in WJ. Im looking forward to trying them again in Decembr on Explorer, b/c honestly this past summer, we did not like them. Didnt taste like propel or vitamin water or any flavored water we ever tasted. Maybe it is b/c I very much miss the pasion fruit 'juice' they used to have and the water almost had an essence of passion fruit..but nothing like the flavor of the juice.

Radio -

If you do make it to Samana, I would recommend the Caves and Mangrove tour. On the other side of the bay, there is quite a collection of pre and post Columbian cave drawings. It's quite a ride if the waves are up. Great if you like thrills, but miserable if you've got a bad back...

Aloha,

John

Thanks Mike. .

I actually was on Enchantment back in 2005 when the Ship was docked in Philadelphia. It was a 1 night CTN just after she was stretched. . .

I toured Enchantment of the Seas a couple of months ago while she was docked in Baltimore. . .

The forecast is calling for rain for each port this week. . .:eek:

I might be taking my umbrella when I board today. . .

I will be leaving soon for the port !:)

Radio

;);)

My sister and I just got off the Enchantment Saturday....we love her!! We had a blast! Was on her in May and will be back on in January with my husband...nothing easier than the port of Baltimore.

Hello everyone !

I am on Enchantment of the Seas ! I made it to the pier by about 11:15, and there was a small line at the Security Check in. Once through that, check in went very fast.

Embarkation started at 11:30, and I was on the ship by 11:45.

It has been raining throughout the day, and it appears that we will be in showers all the way down the Chesapeake Bay. As far as I know, our Itinerary will remain the same.

I was able to grab a quick lunch up in the Windjammer, and it seems that boarding early is the way to not have a crowded lunch in the WJ. There were a few people in there, but it was very quiet. The Honey Stung Chicken was good too. . .

I like the way that your room key will also allow you in the Concierge Lounge. . There is no need any longer to have a separate key. I was also able to sign up for My Time Dining here on board, and the Dining Room Mgr told me to show up at around 7-730 for a No Line entry. . . Nice.

Muster drill will be held at 3:30PM, and I will be back later for many sail away pics. . .

Sorry. . . There is no sun, and the skies are dark and rainy, so the pics will not be lke a normal sail away. . .

Thanks for tuning in. . . and check back later for more pics !

Radio

My first glimpse of Enchantment of the Seas

TH1.JPG

Only a few passengers started arriving. . . It got very busy an hour later.

TH2.JPG

All on board by 3PM. . .We must sail at 4PM

TH1A.JPG

There will be many people out here. . .when the sun comes out. . .

TH4.JPG

The Crew must get back on as well. . . We are sailing soon !

TH15.JPG

My Cabin is on Deck 7. . . It seems very nice.

TH8.JPG

Hmmm. . . What does this mean ? I'm not sure if it's getting better for us or worse. . .

We are scheduled for San Juan at 2PM Sunday. . .

Maybe we will find out after we leave the port.

Radio

;);)

2PM Update / 11-03-2010

TOMAS26.jpg

Hi Radio! Glad to see you made it onboard. Lucky you I say!! Sorry the weather isn't very nice, not nice here in Ocean Pines either. Very dreary and rainy out...and I pray that it gets better for you. I am very much looking forward to reading along and seeing the posts/pics of your cruise. Let us know how's it going. Be safe....

Radio- We will be on this same cruise on Enchantment next May. Interested in what one can do in San Juan on a Sunday, especially 2-11. Also interested in what you do in Samana- not sure we want to get off the ship there-open tenders, aggressive vendors, etc. Your feed back will be much appreciated.

Glad your on your way............looking forward to our Jan date.

Seems that no one really gives a daily update on Windjammer Food. Obviously, breakfest is pretty self explanatory, but if you could kinda keep us in the loop about lunch each day, it would be appreciated.

thanks

Radio,

I'm really looking forward to reading your LIVE report! I'm cruising on her for again for the first time in quite a few years and I hope she's still holding up as well as I remember.

Hopefully you'll have better weather after leaving Baltimore and heading south. We're getting the same rainy weather up here in Boston.

FYI to anyone else reading this who might be on the june 2, 2011 sailing come over and join our roll call!

Be gentle with her, hahah because we sail her Nov 17 for a 9 night Bahamas....what room number are you in?? Also do you happen to have the ability to scan any of the day compasses?? Is it really busy on board? OHHH I can't wait to read about your trip.

What are you doing right now....

Hello everyone. . . We sailed away promptly at 4PM, but the rain moved the sail away activities inside. The Cruise Staff were getting everyone down to the Centrum dance floor to have fun. . . There were free drink tasting areas, and a lot of music.

It seems that many people still got out on the decks to watch us sail under the bridges.

We passed under the Key Bridge by 4:30PM, and under the twin spans of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge by 6PM. Captain Srecko Ban advised us that we would be at the Chesapeake bay Bridge Tunnel by midnight, and we would be at the Cape Henry Pilot station by 12:30AM.

The Captain suggested that he is aware of TS Tomas, and the path is being monitored. We will be advised tomorrow by noon if there will be any changes in our Itinerary. . .

We only have 1233 nm to our first port of call (San Juan, PR)

We had a short Meet and Mingle (informal) with the Cruise Critic Roll Call members in the Schooner Bar after Muster Drill. They seem to be a very friendly, and fun group ! Our Official M&M will be in the Viking Crown Lounge tomorrow at noon. . .

I am off to the Welcome Aboard Show, and then dinner in the My Fair Lady MDR.

Here are a few pics from our departure from Maryland. . . Maybe tomorrow we will have some sun !

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Enchantment Centrum

TH6.JPG

I Love the big table on the Balcony. . .

TH10.JPG

We pull away slowly from Cruise Maryland at the Port of Baltimore

TH16.JPG

Our small (But very fun!) Meet and Mingle at the Schooner Bar

TH17.JPG

The Cruise Staff is trying to get everyone pumped up!

TH18.JPG

A view from the Viking Crown Lounge as we approach the Key Bridge. . .

TH22.JPG

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

We make it under the Key Bridge with a few feet to spare. . .

TH21.JPG

The rain just won’t stop. . .

TH19.JPG

We make it past the Chesapeake Bay Bridge before while we still have some light.

TH20.JPG

5 PM TOMAS UPDATE 11-4-2010

TOMAS28.jpg

Archived