"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Nov 4, 2010

Radio

Radio, the weather you're in is because you are caught up in the trough that actually is maneuvering Tomas to the northeast. You aren't actually under Thomas' influence. I figured the Captain would take the ship more south and through the Bahamas to San Juan instead of straight out towards PR. You will probably be in rain almost constantly today. Fortunately, by tomorrow, all that weather should be pretty far northeast of the caribbean.

your pic is cute! where did u get it frum

Not sure where this one came from. you can go to Google- Images and find tons of pictures though. Use keywords bon voyage, you're bound to find many! good luck.

=====================================

Mark, your pictures are GREAT! Makes me want to book a short cruise on Enchantment! :)

Thanks to everyone for great directions for which exit to take. We were in the left set of the tunnel so that is why I didn't see the exit. We saw a Port of Baltimore sign for an exit way before the tunnel but it had two different names on it and nothing about a cruise port either like we see when approaching Bayonne.

http://www.cruisemaryland.com/content/parking-rates

Radio: Thanks for your reports.

Do balcony cabins have ethernet connections in them or do you have to go to a wireless hot spot or the internet cafe to get online?

Sorry No Ethernet connections are in any passenger cabin. You must either use a Internet Cafe terminal or use your Laptop in a Wi-Fi area.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hello everyone. . . The sun came out today (kind of. . .) There are still heavy clouds and it is very windy. The rain has stopped, and many passengers have gone out on the decks. Today seems like a good day for me to take a little nap, but I have to be up by 3 so I can watch Iron Man 2 in the Orpheum Theater.

We still have 522nm until we arrive in San Juan. Captain Ban suggested that we have seen the worst weather so far, and it should improve much more as we approach our first port.

Tonight is the Production show “Stage and Screen” in the Orpheum Theater, and there will be the “Finish that Lyric” Game show in the Spotlight Theater later tonight. The MDR will have a casual dinner this evening.

I have been invited to several Backstage Tours coming up this week including the Galley Tour, Backstage Production Show Tour, and my favorite. . .Bridge Tours. Pics will come after the tours.

The Hot Spots for Wi-Fi on the ship are :

Viking Crown Lounge Deck 11- Unable to connect

Solarium Deck 9 (Poor) (The Pool Deck is much faster)

Library Deck 7 - Excellent

Schooner Bar Deck 6 (Not Tried yet)

Centrum / Café Latte-tudes Deck 5/6 - Excellent

Spotlight Lounge Deck 6 - Excellent

Royal Caribbean On-Line Internet Café - Excellent

The pricing has changes as well:

60 Minutes $35 or .58 /Min

100 Minutes $55 or .55 /Min

150 Minutes $75 or .50 /Min

250 Minutes $100 or .40 /Min

500 Minutes $150 or .30 /Min

If you are a D+, you will get a 25% (The $150 pkg will cost only 112.50 (.225 /min)

Here are some views from around the ship. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

The seas are much rougher than it looks. . .(8AM)

S14.JPG

It is starting to warm up nicely. . .(74F at Noon today)

S27.JPG

Early Windjammer (730AM) very quiet. . .

S26.JPG

The Schooner Bar, just before Trivia. . .

S18.JPG

The sun was sparkling down in the Centrum. . .

S25.JPG

Here is our current position

MAP6A.jpg

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

;)

Royal Caribbean On-Line / Deck 8

S12.JPG

The Concierge Lounge is a quiet area for Internet, or reading most of the day.

S13.JPG

The pool deck has attracted a lot of passengers

S20.JPG

The weather is warmer, and it feels nice outside

S21.JPG

Radio, the weather you're in is because you are caught up in the trough that actually is maneuvering Tomas to the northeast. You aren't actually under Thomas' influence. I figured the Captain would take the ship more south and through the Bahamas to San Juan instead of straight out towards PR. You will probably be in rain almost constantly today. Fortunately, by tomorrow, all that weather should be pretty far northeast of the caribbean.

Thanks BND. . .The Captain's noon message today gave the details about the storm, and our voyage. He suggested t hat we would be at least 200nm from TS Tomas.

Radio

;);)

Radio...even though we just got home from our cruise on Enchantment, you remind us how wonderful and beautiful she looks through the lens of your camera! I was never up at the hours you are to see the different venues empty and picture perfect. DELTA time runs a good bit later than that.:rolleyes::p If you got to see Judy Kolb, you are quite fortunate! We had that pleasure on a prior cruise and thoroughly enjoyed her. She is a consummate performer! So glad that the weather is improving and that you are moving into the sun.

Best regards to Carley B and Mo! I saw that he hosted your M&M. You really scored if you all got visors. The item we all got were the round the neck pad and pencil thingies.

BTW...did the captain do any cake decorating yesterday or was he too busy avoiding Tomas? That was a highlight our our "Day 2" program.

The Hot Spots for Wi-Fi on the ship are :

Viking Crown Lounge Deck 11- Unable to connect

Solarium Deck 9 (Poor) (The Pool Deck is much faster)

Library Deck 7 - Excellent

Schooner Bar Deck 6 (Not Tried yet)

Centrum / Café Latte-tudes Deck 5/6 - Excellent

Spotlight Lounge Deck 6 - Excellent

Royal Caribbean On-Line Internet Café - Excellent

Mark, is the RC On-Line Internet Cafe on Deck 8 across from the CL? How is the connection in the CL?

We are scheduled to sail the Enchantment in July and I truly appreciate your ongoing report and am especiallly enjoying the photos. (Can you add some pics from the kids club and trampolines??)

We (3 generations of family) have sailed Voyager, Freedom and Celebrity's Infinity among others. I have to say that I loved the intimacy of the Infinity and was surprised that my granddaughters (ages 6 and 8 at the time) loved it as much as they did in spite of the fact that it did not have the wow factor of the two larger ships. So far, they say that Alaska cruise was their favorite! Voyager and Freedom are great, but there was something special about a smaller ship. Glad for the report that the new pools including the kids splash zone are freshwater.

Can't wait til July, and glad to have your great photos to tide me over until then.

Radio, Thank you so much for the live posts and PICS!!!!

We got off the Oasis last month and were to board the Enchantment on January 17th, due to scheduling conflicts we will now be boarding her on December 27th for 12 nights!!!!!!!!

We have been on the Grander and loved it.

My son is really gonig to miss the Flow Rider with 5 days at sea, but wow we are looking forward to some R&R!

Thank you again....and I will be tuning in daily.:D;)

On the Grandeur we went to Labadee and Samana we had the best time at both locations!

We are so looking forward to visiting them again; wondering how Labadee has chaged since 2008 with the dock added and some changes made on shore. Hopefully you will have some pics to show!

Mark, is the RC On-Line Internet Cafe on Deck 8 across from the CL? How is the connection in the CL?

The connection is very good in the CL. . . It is on Deck 8 STB, just across from the RCI On-Line.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Radio,

In one of yor post you had a computer generated map of your position. What is the name of the program?

Thanks

I use a program call Delorme Street Atlas. You can purchase software that is made specifically for Marine Data, but it is very expensive :eek:. . . . ($$$$)

Radio

;);)

We are scheduled to sail the Enchantment in July and I truly appreciate your ongoing report and am especiallly enjoying the photos. (Can you add some pics from the kids club and trampolines??)

>SNIP< Can't wait til July, and glad to have your great photos to tide me over until then.

I will try to get some pics for you. . . We have 6 days left, so I will have plenty of time. They closed Deck 10 today due to wind. The wind out there is crazy !

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . Our heading changed from SSE to S. . . Captain Ban guided the ship more easterly to avoid trouble with Tomas.

We are now 289nm from San Juan, and we are still navigating at 22kts.

Our arrival time remains at 2PM.

I will try to get a few more pics up after dinner. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio, thanks for letting us "cruise" with you. I almost feel like I'm there on the ship right now! You must never sleep. I am just about sold on setting sail on this ship. We have taken the Grandeur out of Baltimore several years ago, but never the Enchantment. We only live about three hours from the port, so wouldn't have to fly. Keep the pics coming and daily reports. Thanks again.

I had a nice dinner, but I have to run to the show. . .

Here are a few pics from last night and this morning. . .

I had a nice dinner in the MDR with Roast Lamb, Tomato Focacia Salad, and a nice piece of

Granny's ApplePie with a fat scoop of Ice Cream (Wow. . .that wore me out !)

More pics tomorrow. . .

Thanks for tuning in ! !

Radio

The Orpheum Theater early this morning. . .

S5.JPG

Here is the area for Suites that is reserved. . .

S7.JPG

But wait ! Diamond Plus also has reserved seating here. . .

S8.JPG

Judy Kolb was very good. . .

S1.JPG

The Enchantment of the Seas Orchestra was very good too. . .

S2.JPG

Our current (scheduled) position according to this On Line Ship Tracking Website

MAP7.jpg

Radio -

Thanks for posting all of the reviews and pictures. They are great. If you run into Captain Ban, please tell him that Kim and Erik said hello... We are going to be on the November 27th cruise, but I believe he will be off of the ship by then. Glad to see that your weather is getting better! Enjoy... :)

Archived