This may sound crazy but Chili's/Cheesecake Factory nearby?

freedom49

Hi all, I know this may sound crazy:o, but my husband and I are considering staying at either the Intercontinental or LaQuinta East for pre and post cruise on LOS at the end of January and I was just wondering if there is a Chili's or Cheesecake Factory near either of these hotels. We are from PEI, Canada and we discovered these restaurants in Boston at the seafood show a couple of years ago. I know they aren't fine dining or anything but we aren't much of the fine dining types. DH really enjoyed Chili's:D but the one connected to the downtown hotel in Boston has since closed and he doesn't get to the US often enough to find another location:(. It would be a real coup for me if I could find one to take him to on our trip south to Miami:D:D. Myself, I really like cheesecake and the Cheesecake Factory was great in Boston, but I haven't been back to Boston for a couple of years and would love to be able to have some while in Miami. Any help/directions would be greatly appreciated!:)

There is a Chili's in Bayside Marketplace very close to the Intercontinental (about a mile). As for the Cheesecake Factory, the closest one is in Coconut Grove.Google says it is about 5.8 miles from the Intercontinental.

I am not sure where the Laquinta is located, but with the addresses below you should be able to find out how close they are.

Cheesecake Factory:

3015 Grand Avenue

Coconut Grove, FL 33133

Chili's:

Bayside Marketplace N-212, 401 Biscayne Blvd

Miami, FL 33132

Have fun!!:D

Also, it may be a drive (that is an understatement!), but there is a Chili's in Maine at:

638 Stillwater Ave.

Bangor, ME 04401-3608

Steve

There are 2 ways you can get your information by yourself --

1) Go into Google Maps and type in the address for the motel.

Then do a search for on Cheesecake Factory and on Chili's. Google Maps will show you the closest location for each restaurant and then give you the option of looking for other instances of the restaurant.

It is really easy if you do it yourself and you get the information immediately including directions from the motel to the restaurant.

2) Another way would be to go to the WEB site for each restaurant and do a location search on their WEB site. Again - much easier and quicker if you do it yourself.

DON

I just want to note that Bayside where the Chili's is located is only about a five to ten minute walk from the Intercontinental.

Our son is in management at Chili's not this location but in a location in another state.

We have eaten at this Chili's though a couple of times over the years and most recently this past January.

Keith

The Cheesecake Factory is closer than Coconut Grove. There's one right next to the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd:

600 E Las Olas Blvd

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

(954) 463-1999

Good to know, but nowhere close to where the OP wants to be....but definatley a better choice if you are in Ft. Lauderdale!:)

Steve

Hi all, I know this may sound crazy:o, but my husband and I are considering staying at either the Intercontinental or LaQuinta East for pre and post cruise on LOS at the end of January and I was just wondering if there is a Chili's or Cheesecake Factory near either of these hotels. We are from PEI, Canada and we discovered these restaurants in Boston at the seafood show a couple of years ago. I know they aren't fine dining or anything but we aren't much of the fine dining types. DH really enjoyed Chili's:D but the one connected to the downtown hotel in Boston has since closed and he doesn't get to the US often enough to find another location:(. It would be a real coup for me if I could find one to take him to on our trip south to Miami:D:D. Myself, I really like cheesecake and the Cheesecake Factory was great in Boston, but I haven't been back to Boston for a couple of years and would love to be able to have some while in Miami. Any help/directions would be greatly appreciated!:)

You're in Miami...try something different, like Cuban. There's a La Carretta nearby your hotel with excellent Cuban dishes. Also if you're mor einto fast food, a Pollo Tropical is across the street. And there's a Tom's NFL sports bar with similar food to Chili's just down NW36th st..

I had to laugh when I read your post. We're from Ottawa and discovered the Cheesecake Factory on a trip for Ft. Lauderdale a couple of years ago - yum! We're also hooked on Sweet Tomatoes. So, we also try to stay close to our favourite restaurants.

I'm not as familiar with Miami, but last year we stayed in Aventura which is a suburb (I believe) of Miami - it was about a half hour from the airport and we stayed at the Fairmont Turnberry. There is a mall right across the street and it has a Cheesecake Factory.

This time, we're cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale and will be staying at the Crowne Plaza across from the Sawgrass Mills Mall with another Cheesecake Factory. It also has lots of shops we don't get here. After cruise we'll be doing Disney with a stop at the Sweet Tomatoes in Orlando. They're not the fanciest places, but we really like them :)

I had to laugh when I read your post. We're from Ottawa and discovered the Cheesecake Factory on a trip for Ft. Lauderdale a couple of years ago - yum! We're also hooked on Sweet Tomatoes. So, we also try to stay close to our favourite restaurants.

:)

I had to laugh at both your posts because my husband has been a restauranteur (upscale casual to fine dining) for 35 years and I'm addicted to Cheesecake Factory! He's a retired OSI guy so I could eat free at Outback, Carrabbas, Flemings, Roys, Bonefish, etc but I LOVE CF.

I had to laugh at both your posts because my husband has been a restauranteur (upscale casual to fine dining) for 35 years and I'm addicted to Cheesecake Factory! He's a retired OSI guy so I could eat free at Outback, Carrabbas, Flemings, Roys, Bonefish, etc but I LOVE CF.

I love to try local foods, but I also love Cheesecake factory!!!

Have plans to eat there on Sunday!!!

Archived