New C&A Buy-Up Option

JKrise

Not sure where my original post is...so here it is again.

My cousin; who is fresh off Freedom Of The Seas; (and not a member of Cruise Critic), while on board heard that when the new C&A program changes are rolled out...there will be a 'Buy-In' option. What was heard is that if you are within two cruise credits of the next C&A tier level, you will have the option to buy-up to the next teir level?

I assure you this is a genuine inquiry to other C.C. members.

Has anyone else heard of such an option?

If so has anyone heard of the fee-schedule for the C&A Tier Buy-Ups?

...and how long is the Buy-Up option window open?

Absolutely.....if your within 2 credits the Buy-In option is available....and pretty much known to everyone, you just book another cruise with a JS or what is it...12 nights or more....BAM, your at the next level......right after that cruise.

Absolutely.....if your within 2 credits the Buy-In option is available....and pretty much known to everyone, you just book another cruise with a JS or what is it...12 nights or more....BAM, your at the next level......right after that cruise.

Sounds like an enjoyable way to buy credits...

Maybe you get the credits for buying the cruise but now you don't actually have to go on it. You can just sit home while the ships sails and get your credits.;) Wow, think about it. You can make it to triple diamond without ever having to leave home again.

Maybe you get the credits for buying the cruise but now you don't actually have to go on it. You can just sit home while the ships sails and get your credits.;) Wow, think about it. You can make it to triple diamond without ever having to leave home again.

Unless you complain to management about the quality of the food...then you're pretty much SOL:D

I find this less than likely unless they are also going to start crediting cruises you pay for but then cannot make.

Gives me an idea ... For a small sum, I'll send you my address so you can "share" it, attain status, then "move." ;)

Are you diamond plus ... Id take you up on that!!! :D

Most airlines let you buy miles so why not cruise credits?

Airlines let you buy miles to use, not for tier bumps. And the price you pay is expensive. To buy just 10,000 miles (if you needed them to have enough for a ticket) would cost you $280 on Delta and you would not earn miles to increase your tier level on a flight paid for with miles.

I like the idea of just taking a cruise to earn those last two credits. That's what we did. We were sitting on 22 credits after we completed a cruise in February and drove from Tampa to Port Canaveral to take a quick one on the Monarch in a JS. Only short cruise we ever took, but it paid off twice. We had a great time and we got to D+.

Great minds think alike. I'm just a little slower.........

Airlines let you buy miles to use, not for tier bumps. And the price you pay is expensive. To buy just 10,000 miles (if you needed them to have enough for a ticket) would cost you $280 on Delta and you would not earn miles to increase your tier level on a flight paid for with miles.

I like the idea of just taking a cruise to earn those last two credits. That's what we did. We were sitting on 22 credits after we completed a cruise in February and drove from Tampa to Port Canaveral to take a quick one on the Monarch in a JS. Only short cruise we ever took, but it paid off twice. We had a great time and we got to D+.

Great minds think alike. I'm just a little slower.........

Airlines do let you buy extra EQMs (elite qualifying miles) you can pay an added fee on continental to earn an extra amount of eqm on a flight that you take to achieve a status level faster or get you to a status level should you be just shy (i.e. you are x eqm's short of silver and you know you won't be flying again for the remainder of the year but you know that you want to achieve silver for 2011)

Archived